Skip to main content

Big Brother 21 (US)

This week had so much promise...

Undone by so much stupidty from the one man I thought would stand up to the mob. Had he taken the shot at the Six by putting up Sis or Holly as a pawn against Jack he'd have likely been safe for a few weeks, not just the one or two the six people WHO EVICTED HIM LAST WEEK promised. No way they'd have gone after him before Nick and Bella, and indeed Sam too.

There's one every year. Must admit though for all this seasons issues I do quite like how they seem to be putting in a few more asides into the diary room footage which reveal so much more about a HGs personality than them just narrating what was happening.

Looks like there may be some controversy regarding Kemi.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/08/01/big-brother-producer-reprimanded-kemi-diary-room/

It seems a BBUS producer that encouraged Kemi to act like a sassy black woman has been "reprimanded". CBS programming executive Thom Sherman said that a producer “overstepped” in an attempt to get a soundbite from Kemi Fakunle, who has since been evicted. The producer has also undergone “unconscious bias training.”

It's well worth the watch - a reminder of how important the live feeds are and how they actually cause genuine fan engagement and feed viewers to the show and shouldn't be treated as "spoilers" to be kept away from fans. Many BB21 viewers were just about tuning out - that hour and this leak has pretty much saved the season.

It's well worth the watch - a reminder of how important the live feeds are and how they actually cause genuine fan engagement and feed viewers to the show and shouldn't be treated as "spoilers" to be kept away from fans. Many BB21 viewers were just about tuning out - that hour and this leak has pretty much saved the season.

i just cant find it!
all i found is a video of people watching it and the audio

there is a whole recap on Bigbrother junkies on what happened,am I allowed to share the link here?

Yes, that's fine. To be fair the CBS show covered it pretty fairly as well - one of the best episodes in years and many BBUSA fans can't remember what was a solid alliance imploding in the way this one has. It has pretty much saved the season, though probably just need one more of the outsides to win HoH for the next round just to ensure they don't reunite.

It's also a reminder that Big Brother can show you all sides of a person character - I wasn't falling at all for Jack's tears at betraying his friend, but Jackson did seem genuinely hurt by it.

So BBUSA ended last night. The winner is irrelevant - what was notable was rather than keep it light in looking back on the season the entire segment with the early evictees returning was, as led by Julie, all based on the early controversies around the evictees being people of colour and the bullying of some individuals. Issues such as Nicole being bullied by being excluded from a room, Jackson evicting three people of colour on day one and Jack and Jackson targetting Kemi, along with comments by a couple of others too. Jack to be fair, having seen the footage at his eviction, seemed sincere in his apology, whilst Christie also handled it well. Jackson though was clearly pissed off by the whole thing - he thought the final was all about confetti.

Back