Skip to main content

Masterchef 2019

I only watched 2 episodes this week, I’m really starting to find this season unwatchable. I’m struggling to really pick a contestant to really love. No one i dislike its just the cast is mediocre and the challenges are mundane. I’ll proabbly watch here and there from this point, but can’t say I’ll watch the entire rest of the series. I also wonder if the finale for this series will even reach the 1,000,000 mark? MKR struggled with ratings as well and didn’t reach the 1,000,000 for its climax.

So it's not just me who is finding Season 2018 so far pretty boring? I feel as if I've seen all these challenges before, and the contestants this year don't really contain any standouts or people of the ilk of previous winners or Matt Sinclair or Poh etc.
Tomorrow night's episode - making dumplings. I mean, really? The Voice and House Rules must be shaking in their boots.
Gary, George and Matt have been doing it for too long, that judging panel needs a shakeup for 2020.

And yes, when Tati has to do a dessert pressure test, she'll be in some difficulty, then again Sashi last year managed to win and he couldn't always make curries

Well I'm enjoying it. It's a nice break from the cutthroat nature of the other reality shows.
There are enough contestants I like to maintain my interest - Derek, Simon, Tati, Leah, Ben, Anushka, Joe, Kyle, Walleed, Christina, Sandeep.
I can't remember if it's Tessa or Nicole who annoy me, and I could live without Steph, Abbey, Larissa or Tim.

Awesome Derek being awesome as usual.

With not that many contestants left, they didn't even show Simon, Tim or Walleed's dishes being tasted.

EDITING FAIL
Before the break : George emotes unintelligibly for the contestants to "POOSH! POOSH!".
After the break : It's an ordinary "PUSH! PUSH!"
Did they make him do a retake, and if so why did they use both versions?

Secrets week is interesting. I have my cooking secrets and it's interesting to find out others
edit ... not secrets I thought!
So good now there are some people I'm interested in and it sounds like we all like the same ones.
This looks like it's going to get better from now on, hopefully our least favourites will go in the next eliminations.

Last edited:
... Nah, flicked it for EastEnders. Will watch the recording tomorrow when I can fast forward the boring bits!

Steph is their Tamara of 2019, definitely a judges pet, and she gets a load of camera time too when she's up on the gantry.
The Paella challenge was quite interesting, I actually thought halfway through they were going to punt Kyle, but Leah stuffed it up most of all

As a non-chef (or even cook) I still can't fathom how you couldn't know yours was burnt. Has she no sense of smell?

As a non-chef (or even cook) I still can't fathom how you couldn't know yours was burnt. Has she no sense of smell?
That's ridiculous, she must have known - she must have thought she'd get away with it - somehow! 😮

Back