Skip to main content

Masterchef 2019

delcan

Future Real Housewife
Awesome site donor
Apparently it starts April 29th. We need plenty of @Mr Stickyfingers input. I'm kinda in a full time relationship with Game of Thrones at present so Mondays are completely out for me for the next 5 weeks

I dunno, @Mr Stickyfingers swore it off after last years', but maybe he'll come around. I suppose I shall be watching, mostly at least. On a blessed break from work for a while so I should have time for it amongst my other watching commitments.

...I’ll have to watch it I guess... I’m curious as to which pretty young female that both Gary and George will be lusting over this year... besides... Nigella will be making a guest appearance again... that’s a good enough reason I suppose... it’s amazing how a stroke makes you change your mind easily isn’t it?... cheers.

G'day all!
Woohoo! Masterchef 2019 is almost upon us, can I contain my excitement levels before next Monday night?
As Mr Stickyfingers so eloquently says above, I wonder who will Gary/George/Matt will pick as their pet this yet, a la Ben from 2018?
One positive thing for this year, based on the promo ads, is Poh, Billie and Matt Sinclair joining the show as "mentors" - yep the same Matt Sinclair, who the 3 amigos didn't think was good enough to win their show a couple of years ago, and yet now he owns his own restaurant and is signed to the Ten Network. Hilarious that now Gary and George are all over him.
I'm expecting more manipulation and rigged immunity challenges and eliminations, but hey, where would we be without Masterchef, and anyway, it's still got more life in it than that rival cooking show on Channel 7.

I'll add that I think Mehigan, Colambaris and Preston will all need to be traded in a year or two for a young judging panel, so Matt Sinclair, Poh and Billie might be auditioning this year to take over eventually

...and while I’m at it... what’s with the echo echo echo in the ADs when the hosts speak?... is It supposed to make it sound more epic than it’ll actually be or something?... cheers.

I think I heard a "food dream" in there somewhere too.

Let's not kid ourselves - the only food dream Garry, George and Matt are interested in is the type that involves snuffling around in any kind of food at all.

Gary or George in one of the promo ads - "This is the greatest year of Masterchef ever".
It'd wanna be, Season 2018 was a trainwreck in my opinion, which was ruined totally by the 3 amigos endlessly pimping 2 or 3 contestants who they loved, while they sent home far too early arguably more talented cooks.
And the audition episodes I usually find nauseating, all that positivity and overblown sob stories, and all the "my life isn't worth living if I don't win a white apron".

I'm tossing up whether to watch tonight or not, I generally try and avoid the audition episodes, mainly because the 3 judges are so over the top and the various sob stories of the contestants are elevated to ridiculous levels.
Matt Sinclair, Poh and Billie are the replacements for Shannon Bennett, so in other words, they'll be mentoring the contestants during the immunity challenges this year.

More interested in lego than cooking myself......might pop in here and there, mostly just watch final 10 on mute and read you guys:)
House Rules I haven't watched since series 3 or 4 when it turned into a soap like MKR

I kinda like Poh with the shorter hair, I always love Matt Sinclair too.
Not sure who I like yet out of the top 24, still getting to know all of them.

Luckily for the judges, the "blind tasting" always just happens to see all the bubbly young girls get through.

Back