Skip to main content

BBUK House Demolition

Kingston

Canadian Royalty
Been meaning to post this for some time now...

coD8wpz.jpg

mHCZdxa.jpg

M2iabo4.jpg

M2iabo4.jpg

1AHXryj.jpg

X1GjCeD.jpg

DRvvB1w.jpg

cfDwfUY.jpg

XvFsqEX.jpg

yRTTGEh.jpg

CKfVziC.jpg

Mo5dSuH.jpg

rWncDN1.jpg

haGRph0.jpg

bbuk_house_demolition7.jpg

Devastating seeing the house in this state... However this house was never intended to be a permanent structure... So I can assume with all the issues they’ve had over the years coupled with what may be an extended hiatus it just wasn’t worth the hassle of leaving it standing...

That said with nearly 20 years of technological advances a show like BB can pretty much be filmed anywhere... So I don’t think this is as much of a setback if at all... I mean just look at how quickly BBCAN has been able to relocate between series... Even from a cost perspective... If it was really that much of a expense how is it that on a shoe string budget BBCAN has constructed three different houses in six series???

Even from a cost perspective... If it was really that much of a expense how is it that on a shoe string budget BBCAN has constructed three different houses in six series???
They are ultimately just warehouses with "room" sets built into them. Well, be it sets with working plumbing, a yard, pool etc :) Did BBCAN have a pool? Perhaps a hot tub?

They are ultimately just warehouses with "room" sets built into them. Well, be it sets with working plumbing, a yard, pool etc :) Did BBCAN have a pool? Perhaps a hot tub?

BBCAN had an outdoor hot tub and an indoor pool until the move to the third studio... Series 6 only had the outdoor hot tub...

Like I said before if the entire process was really that complicated or too much of a financial burden they wouldn’t have continued with the show... Also take in to account the fact that the third move took place after Corus reverses it’s decision to place the show on indefinite hiatus...

I'm not too sad to see the house go - the show outgrew it really when it was still on C4. C5 did make good use of the space but completely wasted the "extension".

I think should it return (hopefully in the not too near future - it needs some distance between a revival and the C5 era!) a new house offers a clean slate, and as Kingston says in the grand scheme of things the cost isn't that huge. Nowadays they tend to be built into studios rather than as a complete building anyway.

Back