Skip to main content

Australian Survivor renewed for 2019

Blondes V Brunettes V Blacks V Rangas?

There are so many possibilities I really don't understand why they would choose to repeat last year's theme. Except, as someone pointed out to me on Twitter, "it's the Sophie Monk effect". And I guess they've got it in one. People will watch because they recognise someone.
Does that mean we can blame Tom Gleeson? Because he is the one that started the whole get Sophie Monk on the Bachelorette thing

what about city v country?

or brains v brawns?

or gen y v gen x v baby boomers?
I quite like City v Country. Not really a fan of the US version but I don't think they've done anything like that and it is a concept which really would work well in Australia and actually quite interesting from a "social experiment" type perspective too.

I quite like City v Country. Not really a fan of the US version but I don't think they've done anything like that and it is a concept which really would work well in Australia and actually quite interesting from a "social experiment" type perspective too.
Yeah I like this concept too. Brains V Brawn and age based ones give a potential advantage of physical strength to one tribe, seemingly regardless of how many puzzles they throw in. So this is a good point of difference without any perceived advantage/disadvantage.

How about Straight V Gay V Bi? :D

yeah not exactly a fan of Champs v Contenders II. I like a few of the ideas thrown around here, one that hasn't been mentioned yet that was an interesting split when it was done in the US was White Collar v Blue Collar v "No Collar".

The age divide thing actually works pretty well if the challenges are done right, or if there's something in there to balance things out (ie. the Medallion of Power in Survivor Nicaragua). US Survivor did Millennials (aged 18-32) vs Gen X (aged 33-52) a couple of years back and that actually played out pretty evenly before the first swap. Challenge wins were 3-2 in favour of the Millennials, but Gen X won a challenge which was pretty much entirely physical (fighting over a life ring in the water).

Even just a battle of the sexes season would be interesting. Can create a pretty natural rivalry (as seen in One World) but also lead to interesting strategy (Vanuatu).

I hope Channel 10 are reading those comments on Twitter. Literally everyone told them that Bachelorette 2018 was going to be a ratings fail and they didn't listen. They do need to start listening to feedback. Thus I propose Regular People vs Regular People.

And while we are at it, can we NOT have any more shows with Dr Chris? It's getting ridiculous and I like the guy.

I hope Channel 10 are reading those comments on Twitter. Literally everyone told them that Bachelorette 2018 was going to be a ratings fail and they didn't listen. They do need to start listening to feedback. Thus I propose Regular People vs Regular People.

And while we are at it, can we NOT have any more shows with Dr Chris? It's getting ridiculous and I like the guy.

That's the problem with Ten. They just keep reusing the same people for all their shows. Case in point Julia Morris with 3 shows and Grant Denyer also with 3 shows.

Back