Skip to main content

Australian Survivor: Articles

Please say it isn't so. Our version is so good, it doesn't need this gimmick.
https://survivingtribal.com/2018/05/10/russell-hantz-australian-survivor-rumors/
However, the evidence is starting to mount that Russell Hantz of Samoa, Heroes vs. Villains and Redemption Island will be on the third season of the revamped version of Australian Survivor.

Why is the serious being "revamped"?? I don't like the sound of that. It's just fine the way it is. I hope they don't fuck with a perfectly good show and stuff it up.

However, the evidence is starting to mount that Russell Hantz of Samoa, Heroes vs. Villains and Redemption Island will be on the third season of the revamped version of Australian Survivor.

Why is the serious being "revamped"?? I don't like the sound of that. It's just fine the way it is. I hope they don't fuck with a perfectly good show and stuff it up.

Exactly. Everyone loved our last season. Including die hard US fans, a lot of whom said it was better than about the last ten seasons of theirs.

*series* not serious....doh!

Only one I've heard of
Shane Gould

I don't know why they feel they need famous people.

But otherwise it's a good ad.

So ages ago when CBS took over Ten I speculated that Survivor AU might move to Fiji where CBS' version has been based for ages, and sure enough that's what's happened. Could be good to share resources/budget but I hope we don't get too many repeat challenges between the two shows. There were enough already.

Oh, and I wish they wouldn't georestrict their Twitter clips, it's a pain turning on my VPN for a 2 minute clip.

Only one I've heard of
Shane Gould

I don't know why they feel they need famous people.

But otherwise it's a good ad.

Don't expect that is the reasoning behind the champs v contenders

I believe they went with this set up due to the overwhelming number of applicants with some kind of champion background....

In case you didn't notice, in all of our new series there has been some kind of sporting champ, not necessarily well known, but successful in their field, Olympics etc.

And that makes a lot of sense, and some it is so far in the past it won't feature much anyway, tho Gould will kill in any water challenge.
Also makes sense that lots of ex champs have been Survivor fans, and just dying to have a go.

Gould should be interesting, she is a bit of a weirdo, I have been following a new swimming method she has been involved in.
I hope she demonstrates the same.

i hope the champions v contenders things isn't an early indication of the tribal split, because that could get very ugly with the challenges.

also if champions win will they donate their money to charity or keep it for their family? not that i care, just wondering.

mat is like luke from last year in that he also has a son with autism his wife chloe maxwell wrote a book about it a few years ago.

https://www.harpercollins.com.au/9780730497271/

i hope the champions v contenders things isn't an early indication of the tribal split, because that could get very ugly with the challenges.

I'm sure that is the whole point. Not all of the champions will be sporty, they might have some intellectual champions or something. Weakling braniacs? I'm sure they will mix them up soon enough, especially if there's a huge champions advantage.

also if champions win will they donate their money to charity or keep it for their family? not that i care, just wondering.

Doubt it.

mat is like luke from last year in that he also has a son with autism his wife chloe maxwell wrote a book about it a few years ago.

Yeah that's what we need, another sobby backstory. Sorry.

Reactions: kxk
I don't think Mat Rogers will bring a sob story. He wasn't that way during his footy career, even when his Dad died

Yeah, as @timmydownawell points out ....hopefully there are some brainiac champs, chess, gaming dudes, maths champs, science champs...etc, par building jumping thing (what is that called)
oooo that Woo boy would be great
Probably a few crazy extreme sports types

I have a cousin who just won an international mooting comp, and she is a champ at equestrian events, she would be a great unknown champ type.....tiny little dynamo with a great brain,and brilliant at arguing.

Some champs i would like to see.....

Mobile throwing
1348634690-3.jpg

ROCK. PAPER. SCISSORS
1348634690-0.jpg

HIDE & SEEK.......ITALIAN STYLE
a99799_world-championship_3-hide-and-seek.jpg

And Australia is currently world champs at......

Skipping
Frisbee

And the best pizza in the world

And cliff diving
http%3A%2F%2Fo.aolcdn.com%2Fhss%2Fstorage%2Fmidas%2Fc91e131145502fc7871f97db2ab143e7%2F204482824%2FRhiannan%2Bmostar.JPG

Moana Hope was going to be the big star of the AFLW when it started, but has had two lacklustre years and got moved on to a new team.

Back