Skip to main content

Episode I'm A Celebrity! AU (2018) - Episode Discussion

...oh okay Kaz... so they might pick someone popular like Vicky just to throw everyone off the scent... I thought that it worked like Big Brother where the 3 lowest were the actual 3 lowest voted by the public... but... as I said the other night... they are two separate shows so I should have realised that I guess?

Even in BB they didn't say all 3 had the lowest saves etc.

Even in BB they didn't say all 3 had the lowest saves etc.

...oh okay... fair enough Kaz... well there you go... for all of those years that's how I thought that it worked... I wonder what made me think that?... oh I know... it's because I'm a dumbass!... lol!... thanks for letting me know Kaz... cheers.

I don't think the full voting details have ever been released for the Australian version like they are in the UK? In the UK version they release the detailed voting figures after the end of the series and you can see whether the bottom three (two?) really were the bottom three. For the most part, they are the actual bottom three, but there have been exceptions. But that's the UK version, we can only guess for our version, except to say that they don't have to be the actual bottom three. But I would guess they probably are.

So shame to see Vicky in danger and I hope she picks up out of that position. I like her.

Good riddance, but yet another example of how the stunt casting is failing, and screwing up the whole format of the show. Bring in a controversial figure, and the public will get rid of them ASAP (or they'll quit). Plaster over it by bringing in more gimmicks. It's very tedious.

didnt get anything other than bird seed and new filter,going to clean first and then buy.I do have a hillstream
loach they are so weird looking and a betta,neon tretras,one algae eater and some other tetra's and those florescent yellow fish

Besides the 3 I bought today, I have a black molly and a yellow molly, a peco catfish and 3 yabbies (freshwater crayfish).
I want some loaches, maybe a clown loach.

Besides the 3 I bought today, I have a black molly and a yellow molly, a peco catfish and 3 yabbies (freshwater crayfish).
I want some loaches, maybe a clown loach.

my hillstream loach seems to have died,the other fish must of eaten him,I also have those ones that look like eels...they have been super active,usually they hide under things but these have been swimming all over the tank
https://www.fishlore.com/aquariummagazine/sept07/kuhliloach.htm
Pleco's I cant get because my tank is a small boyu tank and those grow way too big,I do want some guppies but I cant with a betta in the tank

my hillstream loach seems to have died,the other fish must of eaten him,I also have those ones that look like eels...they have been super active,usually they hide under things but these have been swimming all over the tank
https://www.fishlore.com/aquariummagazine/sept07/kuhliloach.htm
Pleco's I cant get because my tank is a small boyu tank and those grow way too big,I do want some guppies but I cant with a betta in the tank

That's a shame about your hillstream loach. I haven't lost any since I went back to tropical fish about six weeks ago. Before that the tank was marine, but my last sailfin tang died and I decided to go for something less high maintenance.
My pleco is only about a finger length long, but they have some in the store the size of a large man's shoe!
My tank is about 6 foot by 2 foot by 3 foot high.

David's just been evicted here. That leopard comment was a bit dickish in its delivery, wasn't it? I knew it was coming, but the delivery wasn't what I was expecting, I was expecting it to be in response to something, I guess? As part of banter rather than just on its own, randomly out of the blue with nothing triggering it.

And I had just been thinking he had redeemed himself a little by stirring Jackie up over her psychic spiel. I liked him for that bit.

Last edited:
That's a shame about your hillstream loach. I haven't lost any since I went back to tropical fish about six weeks ago. Before that the tank was marine, but my last sailfin tang died and I decided to go for something less high maintenance.
My pleco is only about a finger length long, but they have some in the store the size of a large man's shoe!
My tank is about 6 foot by 2 foot by 3 foot high.

mine is just a 37 litre because I don't have space for a massive tank and wanted something easy to maintain,I liked the look of him but when I got home and went online they are not easy to care for..lesson learn't.
A marine tank must be so amazing but it's expensive so I haven't gone that route at all

Finished here. Happy with the result. Thrilled to see the right person go first, someone it was a little irresponsible to give a platform to in the first place. And it gives a chance to see Lisa for a bit without him. Hopefully Vicky's vote will pick up (if it was down), I want her there till the end, the show needs her positive energy. I don't need her to win, but she would be a good campmate to have until the last or at least the second last day. Good to see a more relaxed, funnier Paul too.

Think it's been a while since I posted here but thought I'd give a visit and glad to see this place still has posts. Anyway...

@Mr Stickyfingers & @pecan

Chris or Julia say

In no particular order the Australian public has decided.

So that means it doesn't have to be the 3 lowest votes.

I always interpreted that as meaning the order that they tell them they are safe is in no particular order. Like if they tell Simone that she is safe first it doesn't mean she has the highest votes.

Although when they're at the stage of saying 'it might be you' or whatever when they show who could go home, I've always interpreted that as those have the bottom three votes and in the case I was so scared Vicky was going to go! Like I have no idea who she was before she appeared here but I love her and I thought so many others have been too. I voted for her (but I voted for a bunch of others too) and I just wonder how it seems she got such low votes. People think she's so great so don't vote for her? No idea. She was so upset it could have been her going too! :(

Watching my recording now.

Such a good challenge...the alarm clock one.

Vicky on coffee...hilarious

David/..."If I was picking a team today, I wouldn't pick me either"?????

Back