Skip to main content

Episode I'm A Celebrity! AU (2018) - Episode Discussion

The 'comedy' routine between Chris & Julia is now boring. (it's the same sort of shit, but different day)
Yep and it's as if Julia is trying too hard. She's sounding forced.

I am curious if it is because the show is in its 4th year and you're bored of the humour or have things changed after that Julia and Tomic incident? I know you said you lost huge respect for her after that Kaz?

Personally I'm still loving Julia! She still makes me laugh. I have known from the start that she has always been in character but I still enjoy.

I'm still liking Chris & Julia. There are always a few bits every episode that are too forced, like when she goes "dot ay-yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwughoooooough", but there are always bits that make me laugh out loud too.
My only enjoyment this series has been from four people - Fiona, Julia, Peter and Chris, in that order.

I'm still liking Chris & Julia. There are always a few bits every episode that are too forced, like when she goes "dot ay-yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwughoooooough", but there are always bits that make me laugh out loud too.
My only enjoyment this series has been from four people - Fiona, Julia, Peter and Chris, in that order.

I think that has been a running gag she has had for a couple of years now!! haha.

If they wanted ratings they should have put actor Lincoln Lewis in the jungle and featured him butt naked in the shower!

1k1UuNE.gif

The gay guys and most women of Australia would have gone wild! :p Therefore = ratings!!!!!!

I'm only thinking this for the show's sake of course! :angelic:

If they wanted ratings they should have put actor Lincoln Lewis in the jungle and featured him butt naked in the shower!

1k1UuNE.gif

The gay guys and most women of Australia would have gone wild! :p Therefore = ratings!!!!!!

I'm only thinking this for the show's sake of course! :angelic:
He's a delight to look at, that's for sure.

I am curious if it is because the show is in its 4th year and you're bored of the humour or have things changed after that Julia and Tomic incident? I know you said you lost huge respect for her after that Kaz?

Personally I'm still loving Julia! She still makes me laugh. I have known from the start that she has always been in character but I still enjoy.
I think Julia is very talented and excellent and I enjoy her, but as with my favourite authors, the routine, plots and style get a bit formulaic and perhaps tired. Mix it up a bit and keep it fresh. Thankfully I didn't watch the Tomic thing. I get a bit embarrassed for all concerned and have to leave the room or change the channel.

Again I say, I haven't watched much of the season, but I agree that these four are the standouts for me. Haven't seen anything of Paul and Vicky apart from when they first met for a cuppa. I'll have to tune in tomorrow.

Will Jackie and the other psychotic wanker get burned?

Most of the camp are like Fiona, this shit is bollocks.

Minority of bullshit believers, Jackie, Simone, and maybe the Brits

I love Julia & Chris, of course it is some of the same shtick, what else are they supposed to do? Chris just gets cuter, Julia gets more cynical, all to my liking.

I find it very ironic that David Oldfield had that conversation in the last episode considering which country he is in,also surprised that
the EFF wasn't there toyi-toying and demanding he leaves the country...guess they have non-disclosure agreements with any south african's on the crew.

...evenin' all... I'm back from the coast and am sunburnt and minus any fish... fished all day and nothing!... if I was the hunter for a tribe then we would all be going to starve... but... I got back in time for tonight's show!.. woohoo!... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
...evenin' all... I'm back from the coast and am sunburnt and minus any fish... fished all day and nothing!... if I was the hunter for a tribe then we would all be going to starve... but... I got back in time for tonight's show!.. woohoo!... cheers.

Welcome back!
Sorry you didn't get any fish. I got fish today if that's any consolation. Had to buy them though - for my tropical aquarium. A guppy, a Pakistani loach and a convict cichlid. That's worth a few stars for camp.

Back