Skip to main content

…AI ART… a fun game using words to create pictures… no artistic talent required…

…this is a very famous drawing by MC Escher… it’s called ‘Moebius II ants strip’… it’s an infinite strip that never ends…

IMG_2958.jpeg

…I had an idea for a joke where a Dalek is on the same strip shouting “this does not compute!… this does not compute!”… but the AI obviously can’t grasp what a Moebius strip is because these were the images it produced… it just can’t grasp the concept of a Moebius strip lol!… so I never got my joke produced sfter all lol!… here they are… cheers.

IMG_2985.jpegIMG_2984.jpegIMG_2983.jpegIMG_2990.jpegIMG_2989.jpegIMG_2988.jpegIMG_2987.jpegIMG_2986.jpeg

…here are the lyrics for the Beatles song ‘Yellow Submarine’…

In the town where I was born
Lived a man who sailed to sea
And he told us of his life
In the land of submarines

So we sailed up to the sun
'Til we found the sea of green
And we lived beneath the waves
In our yellow submarine

We all live in a yellow submarine
Yellow submarine, yellow submarine

And our friends are all aboard
Many more of them live next door
And the band begins to play

Full speed ahead, Mr. Boatswain, full speed ahead!
Full speed it is, Sergeant!
Cut the cable, drop the cable!
Aye-aye, sir, aye-aye!
Captain, Captain!

As we live a life of ease (a life of ease)
Everyone of us (everyone of us) has all we need (has all we need)
Sky of blue (sky of blue) and sea of green (sea of green)
In our yellow (in our yellow) submarine (submarine, ah-ha)

…I was quite gobsmacked with the results because I’ve only ever seen the Yellow Submarine in cartoon form before… to see it in a 3D format is quite the novelty… I love it … I’m glad I did this one… here they are… cheers.

IMG_3051.jpegIMG_3050.jpegIMG_3049.jpegIMG_3048.jpegIMG_3047.jpegIMG_3046.jpegIMG_3045.jpegIMG_3044.jpegIMG_3043.jpegIMG_3042.jpeg

…while on the subject of Beatle songs… here are the lyrics for ‘Octopus’s Garden’… another children's orientated song like ‘Yellow Submarine’…

I'd like to be under the sea
In an octopus's garden in the shade
He'd let us in, knows where we've been
In his octopus's garden in the shade
I'd ask my friends to come and see
An octopus's garden with me
We would be warm below the storm
In our little hide-away beneath the waves
Resting our head on the seabed
In an octopus's garden, near a cave
We would sing and dance around
Because we know we can't be found
We would shout and swim about
The coral that lies beneath the waves (lies beneath the ocean waves)
Oh, what joy for every girl and boy
Knowing they're happy, and they're safe (happy, and they're safe)
We would be so happy, you and me
No one there to tell us what to do
In an octopus's garden with you

…here are the images… not quite as much fun as ‘Yellow Submarine’ but still quite good… lol!… cheers.

IMG_3031.jpegIMG_3030.jpegIMG_3029.jpegIMG_3028.jpegIMG_3027.jpegIMG_3026.jpegIMG_3025.jpegIMG_3024.jpegIMG_3023.jpegIMG_3022.jpeg

…during the mid 60’s… early 70’s… the talk of possible personal jet packs in the near future had me wishing that I could have my own personal one so I could easily get around and fly everywhere… besides… it would really impress the young chicky babes… it would be my chick magnet lol!… I would’ve flown it in a second… without my heart skipping a beat!…

…now?… I’d be thinking… “just how much it would cost to run that bloody thing?”… and… once I got to where I wanted… where would I put it?… I wouldn’t want to have to lug it around on my back all day… what if it runs out of fuel when you’re so high in the air?… how would I be able to walk through normal doorways with that on my back with the ‘wings’ sticking out?… would I get phone reception being up that high if it rings?… what if I urgently have to go to the toilet while up that high?… these are all moot questions because… now… I know that I would be too gutless to even fly one if I now had one lol!… way back then?… I was bulletproof… I would have done it for sure lol!… oh my… I how much life changes lol!… cheers.

IMG_3092.jpegIMG_3091.jpegIMG_3090.jpegIMG_3089.jpegIMG_3088.jpegIMG_3087.jpeg

…it’s great fun doing once off ‘jokes’ using AI because you use just a few words to set the image and you just have to write the punchline and just hope that it’s at least a bit humorous … not too much work involved to achieve the result you want… brilliant!… cheers.

IMG_3100.jpeg

…well these images blew me away again with it’s detail… I put in ‘hi res macrocosm image of an ant, realistic 3d image’… these were the results… cheers.

IMG_3122.jpegIMG_3121.jpegIMG_3120.jpegIMG_3119.jpegIMG_3118.jpegIMG_3117.jpegIMG_3116.jpegIMG_3115.jpegIMG_3114.jpegIMG_3113.jpeg

…on the ‘Deviant Art’ website https://www.deviantart.com/mr-stickyfingers/gallery

IMG_3124.jpeg

…that I showcase some of my Art on ( well… about 25% of my Art that I’ve done in my life… by the time I started keeping copies of my Art I had lost about 75% of it due to not keeping copies … oh well… lesson learned)… anyway… you have the ability to create different galleries to make it for easier viewing… and now…

…when submitting new work there is a section that says… “is this an AI generated image?”… if it is then you have to tick it before you go any further… obviously some people must be trying to pass the image off as their own work… why?… there’s no shame in honestly stating that you’re using computer art as a means to the end result… all you are doing is saving yourself so many hours to achieve the same result… yes you are being creative in requesting a certain image through the initial typed wording to get the eventual image but it still not you actually doing the artwork… adding typed punchlines onto the image is entirely you but you can’t take credit for the actual image… if anything… you are the coauthor of the end result… why not give the credit to the computer AI for generating the image… why lie?… I don’t get it…

…anyway… I’m glad that they do that because it’s important (as far as I’m concerned anyway)… to not deceive the viewer so that they appreciate the artists true talent of her/his genuine work… AI generated work is just created on being able to put words in a particular order to achieve the required image… as opposed to… your images and artwork come from your mind and your heart and even your soul… that artwork is the true you… a true talent you have been blessed with… so it is very important to keep them separate… to give the credit to whoever created the artwork whether it’s you or an AI machine… you’ve got to keep it real… it’s very important…

…having fun with AI generated images is good fun (especially for people that cannot paint or draw or even Photoshop) but it’s totally wrong to claim credit for it as being the result of your artistic talent… really wrong… well done the ‘Deviant Art’ website for being on to it and regulating it… it’s a credit to you for keeping it honest… as it should be… anyway… enough of me prattling on… cheers.

Back