Skip to main content

BBUK returns Sun 8 Oct 2023 (and Celeb BB back in 2024)

New network, same shitty casting strategies. Some guy I've never heard of that was apparently on Married at First Sight AU was approached by producers and told to apply... 🤮

I think this quote says a lot about the truth of the matter “Nasser, known as a serial offender when it comes to gate-crashing celebrity events, took to Instagram on Tuesday to make the announcement”. He provided no actual proof he’d been “asked” as he’s stated he was. I think this is just another desperate wannabe like that guy from Bigg Boss.

New network, same shitty casting strategies. Some guy I've never heard of that was apparently on Married at First Sight AU was approached by producers and told to apply... 🤮

Yeah, Nasser is a very infamous irl troll that’d easily be making this up for attention.

Unfortunately, the only reason I wouldn’t write this off fully is that he’d very well fit the casting choices of BBUK if they so chose to go that way.

Same. Especially for a blink and you’ll miss it six week series. They definitely dropped the ball announcing the show when they did.
I wouldn’t say announcing it was the problem so much as planning for it to be on earlier in the year and then.... not.

That being said, I’m shocked at how quickly Love Island is running by, feels like it started yesterday.

I wouldn’t say announcing it was the problem so much as planning for it to be on earlier in the year and then.... not.

That being said, I’m shocked at how quickly Love Island is running by, feels like it started yesterday.
You have a point, I will never understand how networks in the UK operate... Weeks away from a potential launch of series and they still haven't confirmed a date for the premiere and when asked executives have no shame in admitting they have no idea. The fact that not a single person at ITV had the foresight to see just how crowed their spring schedule was reeks of incompetence.

As for Love Island based on this seasons ratings it's all downhill from here, especially since ITV don't appear to have plans to walk away from putting on two seasons per year. Meanwhile even with the later than planned launch, BB looks to likely reclaim it's spot as THE headlining reality show.

Looks like they are really trying to avoid having the relaunch at the center of any controversies when it finally premieres.
The source added that ITV are currently carrying out 'rigorous' background checks on all the potential housemates to make sure there are no skeletons in their closet that could come out while they are on show.

It comes after reports that participants will allegedly be put through a 'watertight training programme,' ahead of their time in the BB House.

It's claimed the 'super-sized' Big Brother welfare package goes 'well beyond' what Love Island contestants go through before entering the villa.

The training for housemates is said to cover diversity and inclusion, racism and gender diversity, as well as sexual consent and dealing with conflict.

Makes sense though. The last BBUK series to not have someone be ejected for something was nine years ago in 2014 (aka the fifth-to-last series).

It sounds like it's going to be orchestrated doing it like that.
So the statement about live feeds was promptly removed from the press release on the advertiser site. There has been speculation that the 2 hour block was simply a free offering being pitched to sponsors and that it’s possible paid tier subscribers to ITVX would have access to the 24 hour live feed. Obviously having the feeds behind a paywall would not necessitate the need for a sponsor. So far ITV have declined to comment.

I also wouldn’t mind if the post-show block of live feeds was pre-recorded and given a similar format to BBCAN’s Digital Dailies if it means people will actually watch them. Unless they give HM’s an excuse to stay up late live feeds from 11PM to 1AM would be pretty dull and therefore not many will actually watch.

ITV’s overall strategy seems to be to start small and work their way up to something bigger. If limited live feed is what they’re going for it’s possible with enough interest that they could expand in later series.

Last edited:
Better than nothing (*cough* BBAU), but I think 2 hr live feeds is better than an edited feed block since its essentially just a glorified episode subject to further producer manipulation.

I wonder if fan reaction will send ITV back to the drawing board?

Personally it’s not my favourite but I don’t mind it.

IMG_1092.jpeg

I like the updated music, and I like the trailer. The way it glitches and flashes is very in-keeping with traditional Big Brother promotional material.

The eye is different. I don’t hate it half as much as the majority seem to, but I guess this is the future of Big Brother, and it’s not all going to be what we are used to. That said, even if they took the centre of the eye out and kept it plain, or took out the middle section, it would be a bit less busy. I get what they were going for - but I don’t think they’ve pulled it off as best they could.

Back