Skip to main content

Will Big Brother be back in 2023?

Argentina, filming August.
Megathread of info: (Challenge spoilers tend to be relatively accurate)
reddit.com/r/MtvChallenge/comments/vxdyhd/offici_cast_megathread_for_the_challenge/

Apparently Tim auditioned but doesn’t really want to be around peeps like Jess Powers/Tully, faark.

Well not anymore if it’s cancelled 💀💀💀
Tim is great but The Challenge wouldn't be for him I don't think. He's not good enough at the challenges to not be one of the first guys thrown in as someone easier to beat than the big athlete guys who will no doubt be stacked with on that show.

I mean I was more surprised that at the time they still were going ahead with doing another bb after the ratings. I’m less surprised if it was axed tbh.

October will be the time when we know. I can see them "resting it". Seven have a habit of never actually "axing" shows. They just dont renew them haha
They'll have dismantled the "house" way before then if it's not renewed. Just need someone to do a drive by every so often.

7 have got the moral turpitude to do this. Dump all contestants into an abandoned yet still dangerous chilean mineshaft. Chuck all the pulleys, stirrups and rubber balls and tell em to go for their life. Apart from the cost of the flights to chile, they can lower their production costs and values even more by having dim lighting and no safety protocols. Apart from motivational speeches by Sonia via wonky zoom chat from half a world away.

I saw a preview for this new Aussie TV reality show recently.

At first it seems an odd concept, but the premise of how you win seems that it would bring out some rather heated conflict & we do love a reality show with conflict :roflmao:
Yeah I’ve seen the ads for this while watching the hunted. I’ll have to watch that video later today after work. I don’t fully understand the concept.

Yeah I’ve seen the ads for this while watching the hunted. I’ll have to watch that video later today after work. I don’t fully understand the concept.

Haha me either? They build a bridge, but then they can steal the money or something?
Confusing concept.

Also, $250K is a big prize? Surely for that kind of money they'd wanna put that on the main channel I would have thought?

I saw a preview for this new Aussie TV reality show recently.

At first it seems an odd concept, but the premise of how you win seems that it would bring out some rather heated conflict & we do love a reality show with conflict :roflmao:
Sounds interesting! Whoever the chick was I kind of agree with, I wouldn’t share the money tbh. It would make me hated but seriously 250 these days doesn’t drastically change your life.

Sounds interesting! Whoever the chick was I kind of agree with, I wouldn’t share the money tbh. It would make me hated but seriously 250 these days doesn’t drastically change your life.
It's a hard one to answer.. if you say what she said then you risk being outed as someone who wouldn't share the $$$ and thus they won't pick you to go over the bridge. But if no one says anything, who ever is selected might keep it for themselves. So you need to have the discussion to sound out who is the best choice to send across.. & try as hard as you can to get them to choose you..
Like you said $250K isn't life changing, but it certainly would give your lifestyle a kick along :biggrin:

I think I'd be inclined to lie to everyone and tell them I am a good choice... then take it for myself :roflmao:

Haha me either? They build a bridge, but then they can steal the money or something?
Confusing concept.

Also, $250K is a big prize? Surely for that kind of money they'd wanna put that on the main channel I would have thought?
They are in the Tasmanian wilderness somewhere on what looks like a river or inlet. There is an island 300 metres off shore from their camp. On the island is a tower with a red light, & under the tower is a box containing $250,000 in cash. In order to win the $$$ they must build a bridge from where they are on shore to the island and they have only 17 days to do it.
Once they complete building the bridge they can walk across it and collect the $$$.. But the catch is only one of them can walk over the bridge and get the money. That person has the choice to either split the $$$ with the others or keep it for themselves, which will fuel all the drama's I would imagine...

OK so there are only 12 contestants. You'd need to form an alliance with six others (or five, because someone gets "sacrificed" according to that promo) in order to stand a chance of being nominated to do the walk. Perhaps in your alliance you have a sub-alliance who you may or may not actually share the dosh with. You just have to convince all of them you'd do it. I'd be terrible in a social situation like that.

Like Hunted it's another C4 format (though think it originated on the continent). The first UK series was OK but nobody really thought much more of it until it surprisingly came back for an unexpected second series a couple of months ago with a tweaked format and new hosts and was a significant improvement.

Biggest criticism is the core bridge building often takes a backseat to format points with producers feeling the need to put a twist in each ep which ticks a few reality TV tropes, but get the casting right and it is watchable enough.

Looks like they've tweaked it here with the prize twist known upfront meaning strategy comes into play from the start. IIRC in our first UK series they didn't know until they crossed the bridge only one person would win.

Have to wonder how much of an appeal reality TV formats have on the streaming services. I'd imagine most people use them in Australia because they're tired of the reality TV formats clogging up the main networks.

Back