Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 3 Discussion (11 May, 7:30pm)

Which royal are you most excited to see return?

• Reggie

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Tim

Votes: 28 35.0%
  • Estelle

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • Dave

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Drew

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Layla

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Trevor

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Tully

Votes: 11 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found out 7plus has some deleted scenes.

Re LARA- she definitely did all that on her own accord. But was told by BB she MUST choose.

Gee they're really making use of this long angle down the hall to the Bathroom camera shot this episode. It was when Tim was 'Drews back!' before and now we got Johnson and Joel.

The games are so tedious.
Why do we need all these Survivor/It's A Knockout style endurance games taking up airtime when we could be watching some actual housemate conversations? Why all the gimmicks with hidden housemates and pretend sewers?
We aren't getting to know anyone beyond nomination talk.
Thankfully we have Estelle here to shed some light on what really went on.
Yes and yes! I can just about live with the fact that Survivor is weighted in favour of the beefy males, at least until merge, but it’s such a drag that the guys have the advantage in BB too. It’s a depressing indictment on human nature that the young “hot” guys basically don’t need a personality, don’t need to strategise, don’t have to be entertaining, and just coast on through because almost all the other HMs gravitate towards them and think they’re amazing. Sitting at home on my arse, I’m not sucked into Joel’s “charismatic” orbit, he just seems dull and super smug. I wish Josh had stayed so he could continue to stalk Sam with unhinged poetry recitals - much more entertaining! As for challenges, if they must have them, what about some game show style ones where we can all have a good laugh at how ignorant they are! Seriously though, it would give a lot of insight into who’s smart and capable of strategy if they were quizzed a bit instead of who can hold a stick the longest with their feet in an ice bucket.

Thank fuck there was no sign of Ben Norris. Big brother actually said at one stage “Ben Norris will be nowhere near this house”. Tim and I shouldn’t have been that happy to hear that… but we were.

Oh look Sticky I’m speaking my truth and being a semi-bitch.

…hahaha!… that’s my girl lol!… cheers.

Last edited:
I do kinda feel for Lara. She was put in a tough position. The whole pillow thing was a sham but she was just trying to save face a little bit. It was poor but I reckon in the moment she was stressed and not thinking clearly and thought she came up with a way to nominate Mel and save Joel without making it look like that’s what she wanted to do.

I agree with you, but I do think it’s an improvement on the last couple of seasons where there was zero natural conversation or genuine character development. I think because of the OGs we’re getting a better peek into proper interactions, which makes me very nostalgic for the old days. Reggie’s season was my fave. I loved the rapport between Chrissie and Dan and all the drama surrounding Jo. So much to love about that year!
So agree. Its what I miss the most. And you are right of course. Its a slight improvement cos the OG's actually have an ability to talk in English genuinely and not some phrase cliche ridden strat talk gibberish.
Ive been recently watching the old series on youtube. And the reggie year was fun to watch. There was a great scene of Chrissie and Reggie mocking Vincent and Jo talking in Italian seductively. As chrissie explained to dan who was walking past , she said they were mocking Vincent but since they didnt lknow any Italian they just repeated phrases like " fettucini" "tiramisu" in seductive voices. Then reggie pipes up with a "spaghetti and meatballs" delivered in a growly seductive tone and they both lost it.
That scene alone demonstrates what I miss so much. The totally unscripted moments of real people having real convos and real laughter.

Between Josh's obsession with Sam, Lara voting with a pillow, Mel crying because she is allegedly nice and soon Tully entering as Drew hooks up with a girl... scripted drama series could never come close to the level of theatrics. Give this show a Logan (or whatever that Aussie award show is called!)

Between Josh's obsession with Sam, Lara voting with a pillow, Mel crying because she is allegedly nice and soon Tully entering as Drew hooks up with a girl... scripted drama series could never come close to the level of theatrics. Give this show a Logan (or whatever that Aussie award show is called!)

Logie. "And the Logie for most scripted, contrived, set up, edited, manipulated, over-hyped and pre-taped show goes to ... Big Brother! Channel 7."

Despite all of the scripted and edited stuff, I think I am in the minority when I say that I actually don't mind it. As has been said before, any BB is better than no BB at all. Although, I do agree that it sucks we do not get to see more conversations and really get to know the HMs properly.

Last edited:
What had Layla done or not done in that first day? Reggie and Dave both nominated her?
Exactly! I guess it’s no surprise that the edit is full of holes, but it shows there are cracks in the OG alliance that it wasn’t a clean sweep on Joel. Also interesting to see Johnson break away from the J Crew with his vote too. Disappointed that Taras is turning out to be a J Crew mascot, I was hoping for better things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back