Skip to main content

AFL 2020

Can I just say that I am so ashamed of the Taylor Walker situation that I've stopped watching football, for this season at least.
I don't know what Tex Walker said but it must have been pretty bad to have been given such a suspension and bear the acrimony of most of the AFL world. But he's only one stupid man...don't let him spoil your love of the game because he said something reprehensible...there are plenty of players out there who are deserving of your admiration and support.

I don't know what Tex Walker said but it must have been pretty bad to have been given such a suspension and bear the acrimony of most of the AFL world. But he's only one stupid man...don't let him spoil your love of the game because he said something reprehensible...there are plenty of players out there who are deserving of your admiration and support.
I don't know the exact wording either, but if it's bad enough to offend his close friends like Eddie Betts, it's bad enough.
It's a bit personal for me as I'm also originally from Broken Hill and he is/was a local hero. My aunty has even sold a puppy to his parents.

I don't know the exact wording either, but if it's bad enough to offend his close friends like Eddie Betts, it's bad enough.
It's a bit personal for me as I'm also originally from Broken Hill and he is/was a local hero. My aunty has even sold a puppy to his parents.
It's a terrible feeling when your hero falls from grace. I struggled (and still do) with the James Hird/supplement saga. To this day I want to believe he had nothing to do with it but it tainted my passion for the Bombers for years...the way the club handled the whole sorry mess.

Our Bombers sure look good.
Well. If we lose to port (probably likely in the form we are in). and brisbane make up a 24 point differential eg. we lose by a point...they win by 23.......looks likely for a dons vs dogs elimination final.

Last edited:
Well. If we lose to port (probably likely in the form we are in). and brisbane make up a 24 point differential eg. we lose by a point...they win by 23.......looks likely for a dons vs dogs elimination final.

If we lose to Collingwood, we won’t even make the 8 though…

If we win and GWS lose, we could make 7th which would be a showdown against Brisbane or Sydney. Season is still way too open.

If we lose to Collingwood, we won’t even make the 8 though…

If we win and GWS lose, we could make 7th which would be a showdown against Brisbane or Sydney. Season is still way too open.
No chance you lose to collingwood. If so, thats on you like our sad predicament. Who gws playing aff?

Its very open. No dominant team. You can make a thin wire of reason for geelong but they dont hurt on scoreboard. Excellent defence. But thats it. I see almost every other team in the 8 able to ply on goals more quickly than the cats.
You are right of course. This flag is so open and up for grabs.

Im kinda bitching like a little squealer. Just frustrated we had top 2 sewn up and fell off the cliff at the wrong time.
But. Ask me before the season, and if the worst possible scenario was finishing fifth, of course Id take it.
Gotta be in it to win it.
And, just quietly, we can still win from outside top 4 if such event transpire.
2016. Such beautiful memories of what is possible.

Im kinda bitching like a little squealer. Just frustrated we had top 2 sewn up and fell off the cliff at the wrong time.
But. Ask me before the season, and if the worst possible scenario was finishing fifth, of course Id take it.
Gotta be in it to win it.
And, just quietly, we can still win from outside top 4 if such event transpire.
2016. Such beautiful memories of what is possible.

I’m kind of hoping we don’t make the Top 8 as I don’t want us playing finals in McGowan’s WA. Potential for mandatory vaccination… Urk.

Haha you guys and your permutations blow my mind. I subscribe to the old AFL adage of 'one week at a time'...it's all my brain can handle.

Ok. Keep lolling. Probability is we play you next week.
I like your adversarial tone. Will make the encounter more interesting. Can you win your first final in about 100 years? Possibly. But I will continue to back my dogs.
Cede nullis is our club motto.
Look forward to it.

That was hearbreaking to lose like that. But I guarantee martin will be in next week to address our awful ruck issues.
May the best team win.
Yeah. Im salty. 2 point losses always sting.

Ok. Keep lolling. Probability is we play you next week.
I like your adversarial tone. Will make the encounter more interesting. Can you win your first final in about 100 years? Possibly. But I will continue to back my dogs.
Cede nullis is our club motto.
Look forward to it.

I wouldn’t call my tone adversarial but each to their own…

Back