Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 7 Discussion (21 June)

Should Angela have been saved from certain eviction last episode?

• Yes, She is awesome.

Votes: 49 59.8%
  • No, This was rigged.

Votes: 19 23.2%
  • Hmm, It might all turn out okay after all.

Votes: 14 17.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand peoples issues with the manipulating of Garth the producers seemingly interfering, but at the end of the day, this isn't a pure Big Brother show, and it's more interesting to shake things up. How quickly everyone switch to Ian just shows how lame everyone is at playing the game. Just going along with what the "think they're cool" group. It's not interesting.
Absolutely.

Ian's the kind of housemate that I think is wasted on this format Big Brother. You'd like to get to know him, how he relates to the other housemates much more than is possible in this format.

I think Dan's taking him under his wing a bit seemed genuine, but honestly we have no clue. We've seen a couple of interactions where it seems Dan is making an effort, but motivations could be genuine or game player. We don't know. Ian is never really hanging around in the cool group though.

There's something off putting about the focus people have against Kieran in the house. I can get someone who is a bit useless at chores and cooking being annoying. However it comes off more like they just think they're better than him. His presence in an insult to them. There's something really icky about the way Zoe and some others talk about him. Where it appears they just think they're so much better and a lot of the complaints are just excuses. It seems very immature.

Ang as Little Sister was a bit of a waste, although her laughing surely made the tasks more amusing, but I can get why people think it was over done.

giphy.gif

I understand peoples issues with the manipulating of Garth the producers seemingly interfering, but at the end of the day, this isn't a pure Big Brother show, and it's more interesting to shake things up. How quickly everyone switch to Ian just shows how lame everyone is at playing the game. Just going along with what the "think they're cool" group. It's not interesting.

What was that weird scene in the kitchen where they were berating him for putting water in his dirty bowl?

Casey reminds me of Lisa from big brother 2014.

I haven't read much of the thread, what were the thoughts about the bald guy (honestly can't remember his name) sabotaging him and Kieran winning the challenge?

It'd be handy if a mouse hover over the housemates at the top of the page told you their names.

There was a moment earlier in the episode where Garth brought up voting strategically but was shut down by Dan's alliance so Angela's little pep talk might have inspired him to not go the easy vote. I think Garth is fully aware of the alliances in the house.

Interestingly we only saw Dan, Casey, Matt, and Zoe who really wanted Kieran out. When Zoe said she wanted to put up Kieran, Sarah was surprised because she wasn't even thinking about putting him up. So maybe people like Chad, Hannah, Shane, and Sophie felt the same way too?

I am finding it fascinating how much Casey dislikes Kieran. Seems personal rather than strategic.
Yeah I’m hoping that everything that transpired last night really ‘kickstarts’ an openness to gameplay. This format needs them to be thinking / acting and importantly, discussing strategically.

I haven't read much of the thread, what were the thoughts about the bald guy (honestly can't remember his name) sabotaging him and Kieran winning the challenge?

It'd be handy if a mouse hover over the housemates at the top of the page told you their names.

He's Mat from one of the greatest cancelled shows of all time Think Tank.

images

As for the sabotage I liked it.

This deleted scene is soooo much better than watching Kieran eat broccoli. Why did they delete it!!! Crazy.
I wish we were getting more than two scenes a week also. I don’t particularly mind that they are on 7plus and not necessarily on the main show. Just give me MORE.
With their lack of content due to COVID, how hard would it be to stitch together a fun clip show, maybe even just expand eye spy out to a full hour show they can whack on Wednesday night.

I didn’t really think he was sabotaging. But who knows. 🤷‍♂️
I actually think I don’t mind Mat, but we haven’t seen enough of him to make a more informed judgement.

This deleted scene is soooo much better than watching Kieran eat broccoli. Why did they delete it!!! Crazy.
This was so good, this should have been in the episode!! it was actually funny
Also I’m completely here for Casey’s Potatio theory. (The other deleted scene!)

If that’s the case, it makes the fact that Kieren was saved even more satisfying to me. Might be a case of tall poppy syndrome, but I’m enjoying the demise of the cool kids clique.

Yeah, and they don't even see it coming. Which is odd, as Talia was targeted and booted early on. Just so invincible, seems to be their attitude. It's weird. I kind of meanly enjoy their utter shock when one of them goes.

I definitely believe this was the case.
1. They decided as a group to target Keiran.
2. Matt jumped at the chance to be paired with Kieran even tho it didn’t seem like he liked him very much.
3. Matt and Dan seemed to share a significant look before he challenge started
4. BB said Matt lost his balance again, making it seem like Matt was the reason they kept dropping their pins
Seemed pretty sus to me!

I think Dan taking him under seemed genuine, but honestly I have no clue. We've seen a couple of interactions where it seems Dan is making an effort, but motivations could be genuine or game playing. We don't know. Ian is never really hanging around in the cool group though.
If Talia hadn't been voted out, Ian could well have fallen in the beta group. We see clearly in the episode after Talia's exit, that Dan makes a personal effort to get to know Ian, and to talk to him about the fish and how it represents the Big Brother house. If Talia had still been in the house, Dan would have been canoodling with Talia somewhere no doubt, and Ian would have had to find some alternative mateship.

I definitely believe this was the case.
1. They decided as a group to target Keiran.
2. Matt jumped at the chance to be paired with Kieran even tho it didn’t seem like he liked him very much.
3. Matt and Dan seemed to share a significant look before he challenge started
4. BB said Matt lost his balance again, making it seem like Matt was the reason they kept dropping their pins
Seemed pretty sus to me!

At first I thought it was nice of Matt to offer to pair up with Kieran, who was looking uncomfortable like the kid who is never picked for sports.
(I don't like Kieran and want him gone, but that's due to his personality rather than social awkwardness, I don't want to see him suffer unduly).
It wasn't until later that I realised Matt might have had an ulterior motive.
He's hardly a master manipulator, but is probably a loyal dog to his pack.

So I see someone posted elsewhere about the clock on the TV to Angela's right in the Control Room jumping forward and back due to the edit. If someone has the ep and wants to do a timeline that would be quite interesting.

bb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back