Skip to main content

Civilian Big brother UK 2018

While I don't really want to take this thread off the topic of BBUK, I feel there needs to be some clarification here.

There is a difference between saying someone is from X country (or X town in Y country) and saying they are from 'the bad part' of X country and then using that to justify how you perceive someone to act. Perhaps this wasn't your intent, but that is how I interpreted it. Let's say you've watched an imaginary 'Joe Bloggs' do something you dislike and you think they are a bad person because of this. That's an opinion you've made based on what you've seen and would be absolutely fine to discuss. But to then say something like 'Joe Bloggs must be from the bad part of town' because of their actions ... this is where it becomes discrimination. It could be construed that what you're really suggesting is that anyone who lives in the same locality as Joe Bloggs is going to be a bad person too. You could replace 'bad person' with 'alcoholic' - is everyone on Joe Bloggs' street an alcoholic because you've seen Joe down at the bar regularly getting drunk? No. You could substitute locality with another common attribute such as gender, cultural background, etc ... but it is still a form of discrimination.

I'm not actively following this BBUK season at the moment and don't know much about the current UK housemates or house events. Even so, I think the unedited post went too far and so it was toned down. This isn't a heavily moderated forum but, when necessary, action will be taken. I think most people here appreciate this 'only when required' approach but also understand that some comments just don't belong on this forum.

So we agree that in the end it's down to how a statement is interpreted by the vis-à-vis. I am told that these days little importance is given to what someone actually says and means, instead it's all about how it is interpreted.

This is what I said in my post: "The two HM from the bad part of town with the big egos..." it is what I said and what I meant, there is nothing ambiguous about it. I did not infer that those "from the bad part of town" had big egos, instead I clearly referred to "The two HM...". Had I wanted to imply that all those from the bad part of town have big egos, I would have worded it differently.

When I received your love letter marquisite, I had a feeling that you didn't actually watch the show. We are used to people who are attached to BB in one way or another, often commenting without having even watched the show and are thus missing out on the finer points of ongoings in the house, which prompt us to think and debate.
Emma Willis would be the prime example. She never knows what's going on, her 'insights' are gleaned and her opinion dominated by what's being said on the hysterical SM which is, as we all know, rather predictable.

So I'm coming back to 'interpretation', because that's what Willis seems to be doing as well.
The word 'interpreter' comes to mind, you know as in a professional who interprets (translates) languages. Imagine the outcome of an interpretation where the interpreter doesn't know the language they are supposed to translate.
See my point?

This is fun. I could play word games all day as long as power naps are guaranteed and my daily intake of curry is paid for.

I originally joined this forum BECAUSE it wasn't, as you call it, heavily moderated. During this time I found the vast majority of forumites to have enough common sense and respect for others, not to get caught up in verbal attacks amongst themselves. This is a pleasant situation because the flow of discussion is seemingly never interrupted by moderation.
Even now, I have no reason to complain about any forumites on here, however the atmosphere has become somewhat stifled and subdued.
I'm afraid that not everybody is aware of what's actually going on. It began about three years ago when HMs would be called to the DR and given a warning for some remark they'd made. The type of remark that had been accepted until then.

Free Speech is under threat, under serious threat. Anything we say can be interpreted as hate speech. Who decides just what exactly constitutes hate speech?
In different European and other Western countries 'hate speech' has been interpreted in different ways and already legislation has been passed accordingly. Obviously the PC High Priests have a communication problem.
Where does that leave us?
I have an idea!
Let's just not say anything any more, this way we are safe and we won't end up in the slammer. Remember, just as with traffic rules, the 'Hate Speech Rules' now differ from country to country. Better cancel you overseas vacation and stay home, where it's safe.

Our freedom of speech must be preserved!

Freedom of speech is what our democracies are based on... for those who didn't know.

marquisite the fact that you came out (of the cold) as it were is commendable. The almighty Global Moderator has descended upon earth and is mingling with the mortals. I hope your stay is (was) pleasant and we hope to see you again next year.

There is hope for you yet :p

Before confusion arises once again, I should mention that by using the word 'love letter' I did not infer that you are either female or male or genderfluid or what not... for all I know you could be an anvil or a hedgehog or an attack helicopter. Makes no difference to me. Though my money is on AI.

Good day and be healthy!

So we agree that in the end it's down to how a statement is interpreted by the vis-à-vis. I am told that these days little importance is given to what someone actually says and means, instead it's all about how it is interpreted.

This is what I said in my post: "The two HM from the bad part of town with the big egos..." it is what I said and what I meant, there is nothing ambiguous about it. I did not infer that those "from the bad part of town" had big egos, instead I clearly referred to "The two HM...". Had I wanted to imply that all those from the bad part of town have big egos, I would have worded it differently.

When I received your love letter marquisite, I had a feeling that you didn't actually watch the show. We are used to people who are attached to BB in one way or another, often commenting without having even watched the show and are thus missing out on the finer points of ongoings in the house, which prompt us to think and debate.
Emma Willis would be the prime example. She never knows what's going on, her 'insights' are gleaned and her opinion dominated by what's being said on the hysterical SM which is, as we all know, rather predictable.

So I'm coming back to 'interpretation', because that's what Willis seems to be doing as well.
The word 'interpreter' comes to mind, you know as in a professional who interprets (translates) languages. Imagine the outcome of an interpretation where the interpreter doesn't know the language they are supposed to translate.
See my point?

This is fun. I could play word games all day as long as power naps are guaranteed and my daily intake of curry is paid for.

I originally joined this forum BECAUSE it wasn't, as you call it, heavily moderated. During this time I found the vast majority of forumites to have enough common sense and respect for others, not to get caught up in verbal attacks amongst themselves. This is a pleasant situation because the flow of discussion is seemingly never interrupted by moderation.
Even now, I have no reason to complain about any forumites on here, however the atmosphere has become somewhat stifled and subdued.
I'm afraid that not everybody is aware of what's actually going on. It began about three years ago when HMs would be called to the DR and given a warning for some remark they'd made. The type of remark that had been accepted until then.

Free Speech is under threat, under serious threat. Anything we say can be interpreted as hate speech. Who decides just what exactly constitutes hate speech?
In different European and other Western countries 'hate speech' has been interpreted in different ways and already legislation has been passed accordingly. Obviously the PC High Priests have a communication problem.
Where does that leave us?
I have an idea!
Let's just not say anything any more, this way we are safe and we won't end up in the slammer. Remember, just as with traffic rules, the 'Hate Speech Rules' now differ from country to country. Better cancel you overseas vacation and stay home, where it's safe.

Our freedom of speech must be preserved!

Freedom of speech is what our democracies are based on... for those who didn't know.

marquisite the fact that you came out (of the cold) as it were is commendable. The almighty Global Moderator has descended upon earth and is mingling with the mortals. I hope your stay is (was) pleasant and we hope to see you again next year.

There is hope for you yet :p

Before confusion arises once again, I should mention that by using the word 'love letter' I did not infer that you are either female or male or genderfluid or what not... for all I know you could be an anvil or a hedgehog or an attack helicopter. Makes no difference to me. Though my money is on AI.

Good day and be healthy!

Will you shut the fuck up already? This forum isn’t a democracy... Mods can censor you in whatever manner they see fit... As I said before if you don’t like it LEAVE... Not one of us will miss your racist ass...

Catching up, feed had died...

Cameron and Motormouth Lewis sit there together like the older statesmen, assessing this minor inconvenience of the arrival of two strangers.

Zoe now is so concerned that her influence might be waning, that she had a sudden outbreak of stomach... whatever. Yes darling, that's what happens when you take the loyalty of your minions for granted and just sit there all day wallowing in your own glory, smoking and sniping.
She also seems to have a bit of a problem with the "posh thing"... what did she say - 'not nasty but... posh' in reference to Isabella. Class war? Methinks she deserves a reprimand from BB for being insensitive toward the posh people of the UK. It's scandalous.

Buahahahaha.... Isabella asked Zoe if she wanted cabbage. Draw your own conclusions. She seems to have declined, I would have loved to have seen her face!

So what's up with Brooke now? Still confused about who nominated her she seems a bit highly strung... or is it just "getting in the game" to improve her image?
I can't imagine she's so stupid to take Hussain's obvious taunt about the cleaning of the house seriously.

Why did the connoisseur of nasal discharge Tomasz bid for immunity? Really, why?

During the China task we learned that Tomasz is a girl, not a boy @adsyj - my bad, but it was a tricky one. Yes Tomasz was given a skirt for the flight attendant gig, so here's the proof then.
I'm quite happy about this actually, now I can call her a nasty bitch without getting confused.

Though I must say, if I had to choose between this girl:

tomasz1.JPG

...and this girl:

cian.JPG

I have made my decision. It was no rocket science.

Earlier on, a crisis board meeting was called...

boardmeeting.JPG

The tactics as to how to counter the sudden invasion of strange creatures from the outside had to be discussed.

The result and anonymous verdict was: Suck up to the intruders and lure them into a false sense of security... then attack them with all guns blazing. So original lol

How is a girl supposed to cope??

tomasz and bitcoins.JPG

I am over Lewis F and Cameron’s negativity. Wouldn’t be upset if they left as soon as possible. Cain’s voice is also grating on me now.

Also Cameron’s coming out on today’s episode has won him the show. I would be highly surprised now if he isn’t the winner.

Catching up, feed had died...

Cameron and Motormouth Lewis sit there together like the older statesmen, assessing this minor inconvenience of the arrival of two strangers.

Zoe now is so concerned that her influence might be waning, that she had a sudden outbreak of stomach... whatever. Yes darling, that's what happens when you take the loyalty of your minions for granted and just sit there all day wallowing in your own glory, smoking and sniping.
She also seems to have a bit of a problem with the "posh thing"... what did she say - 'not nasty but... posh' in reference to Isabella. Class war? Methinks she deserves a reprimand from BB for being insensitive toward the posh people of the UK. It's scandalous.

Buahahahaha.... Isabella asked Zoe if she wanted cabbage. Draw your own conclusions. She seems to have declined, I would have loved to have seen her face!

So what's up with Brooke now? Still confused about who nominated her she seems a bit highly strung... or is it just "getting in the game" to improve her image?
I can't imagine she's so stupid to take Hussain's obvious taunt about the cleaning of the house seriously.

Why did the connoisseur of nasal discharge Tomasz bid for immunity? Really, why?

During the China task we learned that Tomasz is a girl, not a boy @adsyj - my bad, but it was a tricky one. Yes Tomasz was given a skirt for the flight attendant gig, so here's the proof then.
I'm quite happy about this actually, now I can call her a nasty bitch without getting confused.

Though I must say, if I had to choose between this girl:

View attachment 54255

...and this girl:

View attachment 54256

I have made my decision. It was no rocket science.

Earlier on, a crisis board meeting was called...

View attachment 54257

The tactics as to how to counter the sudden invasion of strange creatures from the outside had to be discussed.

The result and anonymous verdict was: Suck up to the intruders and lure them into a false sense of security... then attack them with all guns blazing. So original lol

How is a girl supposed to cope??

View attachment 54258

Mods can you shut this idiot up already? @marquisite @Brekkie @Tim

Also Cameron’s coming out on today’s episode has won him the show. I would be highly surprised now if he isn’t the winner.

Still 5 weeks left... Unless he stops the constant bitching and moodiness I’m not so certain...

Zoe nominated two girls, she knows how precarious her position on the throne is. All the others nominated Akeem, understandably so because he poses a real threat.

Ever since I saw Cameron's video, I find it impossible to take him seriously and to believe a single word he says.
What a performance, what a drama the "Coming Out" declaration was. There was sobbing, tears were shed and new 'everlasting' bonds established.
Virtue signalling at its most perverse and BB played along with arranging a "Thanks giving party" of sorts and gave Motormouth Lewis a chance to shine even more by allowing him to sacrifice some of his hard earned Bigcoins.

It almost seems as though the whole thing had been orchestrated by the producers to reboot the ratings.

The nagging question still remains - is Cameron really gay or was it simply a tactic to leapfrog the other contestants?

If Hussain can keep up with what he's doing right now for a few days, he'll cause a lot of discontent in the house, I hope he's got the strength to do so.
The HMs are so easily triggered and they are gullible like a bunch of young children.

I wonder what's going to happen with Isabella. She is certainly not stupid and she doesn't appear to be a push-over either. The other girls can sense that and as they have to process this new influence in their current existence first, they do the smart thing and woo her, which gives them time to plan their strategies.

This honeymoon period will be a short one.

Zoe nominated two girls, she knows how precarious her position on the throne is. All the others nominated Akeem, understandably so because he poses a real threat.

Ever since I saw Cameron's video, I find it impossible to take him seriously and to believe a single word he says.
What a performance, what a drama the "Coming Out" declaration was. There was sobbing, tears were shed and new 'everlasting' bonds established.
Virtue signalling at its most perverse and BB played along with arranging a "Thanks giving party" of sorts and gave Motormouth Lewis a chance to shine even more by allowing him to sacrifice some of his hard earned Bigcoins.

It almost seems as though the whole thing had been orchestrated by the producers to reboot the ratings.

The nagging question still remains - is Cameron really gay or was it simply a tactic to leapfrog the other contestants?

If Hussain can keep up with what he's doing right now for a few days, he'll cause a lot of discontent in the house, I hope he's got the strength to do so.
The HMs are so easily triggered and they are gullible like a bunch of young children.

I wonder what's going to happen with Isabella. She is certainly not stupid and she doesn't appear to be a push-over either. The other girls can sense that and as they have to process this new influence in their current existence first, they do the smart thing and woo her, which gives them time to plan their strategies.

This honeymoon period will be a short one.

Might I suggest you start a blog? Since you really only exist here to blow hot air...

I haven’t yet watched episode 20 yet, work got in the way, so I can only share my views on episode 19.

I want to start with, oh my days, what a cracker of a cast! I find them all brilliant to watch and I am really warming to the lot of them, even Lewis!

I think Lewis is a good guy. He’s just a deep thinker. I have always found deep thinkers to be great people in very small doses. I think if I was trapped in a house with Lewis I would stab him in the eye with a fork within a day 😂

The big bro little bro friendship between Lewis and Cameron is lovely to watch. I think Cameron is a great kid, while I don’t think he is the winner, I do think he will be deservedly in the Final 5.

Tomasz, what a beautiful human. When he received those bigcoins, oh my heart 😭😭😭😭. I am loving getting to know Zoe. She is 💯 my kind of girl. While I like all the females housemates, I think Zoe would be the girl l like most.

I am fucking loving this season!

P.s. if you have trouble finding episodes, pm @Kingston! He is a legend at being able to find sneaky uploads when the main two are down.

Mods can you shut this idiot up already? @marquisite @Brekkie @Tim
Oh leave him be. Look at it this way, while he is in here with his image upload function, and his thesaurus, spending hours putting together his bible length posts he is leaving people on the streets alone. Look at it as a community service.

We both know opinions are like aresholes, everyone has got one. And like arseholes, some opinions are pleasing to the eye, some are odd, some make you laugh, some make you want to cry, and some like we see with @Dystopia, are a down right ugly stinking fucking mess.

My advice not that you asked, if his posts effect you too much, block him.

Oh leave him be. Look at it this way, while he is in here with his image upload function, and his thesaurus, spending hours putting together his bible length posts he is leaving people on the streets alone. Look at it as a community service.

We both know opinions are like aresholes, everyone has got one. And like arseholes, some opinions are pleasing to the eye, some are odd, some make you laugh, some make you want to cry, and some like we see with @Dystopia, are a down right ugly stinking fucking mess.

My advice not that you asked, if his posts effect you too much, block him.

Sorry but ignoring him goes against every thing I believe in... Since no one thinks he's a problem I've decided to make him a problem until that racist cunt is dealt with...

I'm a bit pissed... We've just had our first legit manipulation of the series... If the winner of the new HM starting bonus was meant to take them off another HM we should have been told before the twist happened... I mean I like the idea of it but it just seems a bit shady... Considering all it would have taken was a quick voice over from Marcus explaining it...

Also like I said last week we need more tasks where HM's can earn their own BigCoins again instead of banking on being given them or stealing from other HM's...

Back