Skip to main content

>>> Australian Survivor 2017 Tipping Game <<<

Hi everyone! I'm out of lockdown - oops, I mean retreat. Actually it was quite a good retreat - except that I missed so much reality tv. I'm not going to try to watch it - it would put me so far behind with my work if I did. I have read all your posts and mostly caught up that way. Maybe it was just as well that I wasn't watching live to see my scores go down....down....down. I had fun anyway, so thanks for organising this @timmydownawell

OK so with all new Survivor AU looming should I run another tipping comp? If so, I'll scale it back this time, last year was a logistical nightmare lol.

The question is: are enough of you interested in participating?

Yes please!
We ended up with 18 players (19 if you include Hans) sticking it out last year, so I'd hope to get 20 on board to proceed.

And maybe go with:
  • Overall winner
  • Quit/medevac
  • Wins immunity
  • Voted out
and leave out 'wins reward', 'finds idol' and other random stuff.

'Animal shot' was a particular nightmare last year (although hilarious in hindsight) so if I include it, it would be 'DEDICATED animal shot' as opposed to some random bug/bird flying past a contestant. So, an actual stock shot, the focus being solely on an/some animal/s. Ten needs to lift their game in this regard, CBS and NZ do these so much better. Undecided on this as it does detract from the show a bit.

But the question is: are enough people interested?

Yes, keep it as simple as possible so you and Hans don't have to worry about animal shots and stuff. And if there aren't enough genuine players (no one showing up to claim one and then never posting again) then maybe allocate two players per person if it looks like you won't get enough? Though supporting one is generally more fun and truer to the spirit of the game.

I just hope there aren't any leaks this year. OK if I can drum up enough interest here I'll start a new thread and take it from there. I assume @Mr Stickyfingers will be in?

...yuppity yuppity yuppity yup yup yup!... count me in my friend for sure!... woohoo!... I'll prepare my winning speech already... "I'd like to thank the Academy... I'd like to thank my dad for having that twinkling in his eye and my mother for saying 'yes'... and you like me!... you really really like me!"... **ala Sally Feild's Oscar speech**... lol!... yeah I know... my speech needs work right?... lol!... yes I'm in Timmy my friend... cheers.

Back