Skip to main content

Rumour: Big Brother Back This Summer on Nine

nooooooo! i want big brother back.

Seriously? What the hell are you smoking? Bringing BB back in this manner would have been disastrous... It's one thing to want it back and another to want it back just for the sake of it...

One thing I found interesting in a TV Tonight article about Love Island Australia is how they have deliberately targetted UK fans of the show and tried to monetise that, mainly through Youtube.

Obviously as an international fan of Big Brother it was being able to watch clips of the show and access their websites (which in the early days were brilliant at keeping you up to date) which enabled you to follow a show even if you couldn't watch episodes or live feeds - well, officially anyway. Sadly in the later years as technology caught up and made watching decent quality video online the norm geo-blocking came in and without resorting to the dark arts you couldn't simply go to a website and watch clips from that countries BB, and that never really made sense when the show wasn't available in any form officially. Rather than protecting revenue it sends you looking for content elsewhere, and if the idea is to protect the format in the country you're watching that's rubbish too - indeed if anything it re-enforces your love for the brand in general (well, until the brand in your own country turns to shit).

Indeed thinking out loud I wonder whether I'd have stuck with BBUK as long as I did if it wasn't for the international aspect to it, which for me dates back to the first Aussie series.

Seriously? What the hell are you smoking? Bringing BB back in this manner would have been disastrous... It's one thing to want it back and another to want it back just for the sake of it...

Yes, I want it back for my own selfish reasons. Still, I think we have to accept that if Big Brother Australia is going to come back that it won't be everything we want it to be.

Yes, I want it back for my own selfish reasons. Still, I think we have to accept that if Big Brother Australia is going to come back that it won't be everything we want it to be.

I don’t expect the show to be perfect but there is no reason why they can’t at least make an effort... Nine pushing BB in to the summer non-ratings period screams to the fact that they wouldn’t give a shit... If another revival fails we aren’t likely to see the show return again...

Back