Skip to main content

Survivor Australia 2016!

I just hope Ten keep it to selft contained episodes rather than milking it out across the week. If they air two episodes a week with so many contestants and the extended run time presumably each episode will be a "Survivor week" and conclude with Tribal Council and the eviction.

I don't really care how ten structure the episodes. Whether one episode contains a full survivor week or they drag the survivor week out through multiple episode. I just want to see some Aussies play survivor..... will be interesting to see if the contestants play like Americans or play like how we expect the Aussies to play... minimum strategy... etc.

I fear that I won't be able to keep up with the episodes tho... last year I could not finish Masterchef. I wanted to but it's just so long! Hopefully my survivor fandom sustains me through this probably very long season.

On a Rob Has APodcast show today Rob mentioned that he plans on covering Survivor Australia unless Stephen Fishbach drops out.
He has been getting a number of i unities as to his coverage of the show.

On a Rob Has APodcast show today Rob mentioned that he plans on covering Survivor Australia unless Stephen Fishbach drops out.
He has been getting a number of i unities as to his coverage of the show.
Oh wow I didn't think Rob would be interested in covering survivor au, our version will be on during the same time as US survivor. He's going to be super busy having to do his normal coverage of Survivor + watching how ever many episodes a week of our survivor.... good luck to him. :)

I do look forward to his opinion of our version tho.

Have they ever explained why they are doing 55 days? On a RHAP podcast Spencer Bledsoe and others said they could not have made it much longer than the 39 days in the US version. 55 days seems extreme.

Ha ha "I'll be writing on the white board, this is how things are gonna happen my way. Class is in session" Okey Dokey, Nick. Sounds good.

Have they ever explained why they are doing 55 days? On a RHAP podcast Spencer Bledsoe and others said they could not have made it much longer than the 39 days in the US version. 55 days seems extreme.
The thing is the original survivor from Europe was I believe around 55 days as well, the us has the shortest game, most international versions go for about45 days.

They are doing 55 days because there will be more than one episode a week. What we don't know is how those episodes will be structured. Can't wait to find out!

The thing is the original survivor from Europe was I believe around 55 days as well, the us has the shortest game, most international versions go for about45 days.

They are doing 55 days because there will be more than one episode a week. What we don't know is how those episodes will be structured. Can't wait to find out!

Do they give them more food like rice and beans? Or supplements so they don't get scurvy or some form of malnutrition?

I've never actually seen a full season of Survivor so I'm thinking I'll give it a go. I've been missing my reality TV!

...while watching 'Masterchef' I saw an Ad for 'Australian Survivor'... a few night's back we were all talking about this show on that thread... some of the people on there encouraged me to give this show a go so now... I'm in!... lol!... when 'Survivor' first ever started many many many years ago in the USA I managed to watch probably two weeks of it before I lost interest and stopped watching it so this will be the first time for me to watch an entire series all the way through... I can't wait!... I sort of feel like a 'virgin' going into this show... will you all be 'gentle' with me?... lol!... cheers.

...oh wow!... the one and only times (for 2 weeks) that I watched the American version of this show was in May 2000!... my god!... has that show really been going for 16 years?... that's incredible!... (where has my life gone?)... lol!... I guess that this Aussie version will be a lot 'fresher' format than back then I guess?... or are are they all exactly the same format?... regardless... I'll be watching for sure... cheers.

OMG sticky wtf is wrong with you?! :D I have watched every US season. And not only is there Australian Survivor there's a NZ one as well this year. So if you watch that there's the added amusement of their iccints.

...wow!... colour me impressed timmydownawell (so love that name... it always makes me laugh lol!)... I'm not sure of why I stopped watching it after only 2 weeks but have a sneaking suspicion that I got sick of the 'macho' shit that was on it with all of the guys trying to 'out macho' each other all of the time... (even some of the women too)... it's probably still the same no doubt but at least with us all being on here while it is being broadcast and picking shit out of them then it might make it quite bearable perhaps?... lol!... I'll have to wait and see I guess?... cheers.

@Mr Stickyfingers I hope Ten does a good job of it and you get into it. Previous Australian efforts from Seven and Nine (in particular) were disappointing. And that's being polite, Nine's was a train wreck right from the first episode.

...well my friend... it seems that other than 'My Kitchen Rules' on Channel 7 that the only Reality Show's that I'm bothering to watch anymore are all on Channel 10 only... I honestly think that it's because I just seem to 'pick up a good vibe' of how well they do those shows on Channel 10... they seem to be like the 'King of Reality Shows' to me if that makes any sense?... for instance... 'I'm a celebrity get me outta here'/'Masterchef'/'Gogglebox'/The Biggest Loser'(early series)/'Shark Tank' and of course the first couple of 'Big Brother' series... so I figure that Channel 10 will make us proud with 'Australian survivor' as they have done all of the others...

...I so wish (as does everybody) that Channel 10 actually pick up the rights to 'Big Brother' when Channel 9 finally loses their rights to it and it's out of their clammy hands at last... so yeah... I'm definitely going to give this show a go... I can't wait!... I definitely didn't bother to watch the Channel 9 and Channel 7 versions for those very reasons that you didn't go into lol!... cheers.

The preview looks pretty decent - yay! The whole look seems very similar to the US version.

The ad during Masterchef last night definitely confirmed August.

Last edited:
Back