Skip to main content

The Bachelorette

^That was a joke by the way.

There are three (?) episodes left. Three. Count them. (Or two. Ha.) I think it's actually two...

I for one would greatly appreciate being able to get to the end of the season, enjoying these final eps, and enjoying the general commentary and sharing of views, without someone leaping in - having grabbed the wrong end of the stick of a passing comment (or some little joke that they didn't get) and beating me over the head with it.

You love Sasha? I don't. But guess what - I get it - it's Sam's choice!

You think Michael's a tool/cute/a decent human being who is a bit stiff on camera... etc. I quite like him. It doesn't make him the second coming of Brooks, but he's all right. Anyway, 183 pages in, in case you haven't guessed it yet - it's Sam's choice!

You favour Richie? Me, too. But que sera sera - it's Sam's choice!

Probably best to not conjecture on how Sam's choice will pan out, given the history of Sam's choices, that she has repeatedly referred to over the course of the show, on air...

Two more eps of 'exciting surprises' and 'unexpected exits' and blather about feelings and relationships and 'values' hahahaha. Let's just enjoy them and not smack each other around.

If life was such that we didn't have interwebs and the like, a la the 80s and earlier, we'd be watching this show in relatively solitary splendour and eagerly awaiting what may or may not have been printed in the papers the following day. OMG, that takes me back to the 70s and my Bay City Rollers obsession. Poring over the paper for any tidbit that was printed. Anyway, thank the powers that be for bringing the messiness that is the interwebs to our attentions and lives.

Were they your first celebrity crush?
Mine was Pat Cash lol. I cut pictures of him out and stuck them in a scrap book. I bet people don't do that anymore. I was obsessed with tennis at the time.

Last edited:
^That was a joke by the way.

There are three (?) episodes left. Three. Count them. (Or two. Ha.) I think it's actually two...

I for one would greatly appreciate being able to get to the end of the season, enjoying these final eps, and enjoying the general commentary and sharing of views, without someone leaping in - having grabbed the wrong end of the stick of a passing comment (or some little joke that they didn't get) and beating me over the head with it.

You love Sasha? I don't. But guess what - I get it - it's Sam's choice!

You think Michael's a tool/cute/a decent human being who is a bit stiff on camera... etc. I quite like him. It doesn't make him the second coming of Brooks, but he's all right. Anyway, 183 pages in, in case you haven't guessed it yet - it's Sam's choice!

You favour Richie? Me, too. But que sera sera - it's Sam's choice!

Probably best to not conjecture on how Sam's choice will pan out, given the history of Sam's choices, that she has repeatedly referred to over the course of the show, on air...

Two more eps of 'exciting surprises' and 'unexpected exits' and blather about feelings and relationships and 'values' hahahaha. Let's just enjoy them and not smack each other around.

I'm just picking out a little section of this lol.
You were a fan of Brooks? Me too! I was devastated when he did what he did.

I'm just picking out a little section of this lol.
You were a fan of Brooks? Me too! I was devastated when he did what he did.

Oh, Brooks! I spent (for me) a long time on line processing that. Must have watched my recordings of the shows after he left ten times, pausing and looking for clues re feelings from Brooks, Desiree, whoever, and I just watched those final eps before he went over and over and over like a maniac. It was so fascinating. Plus, what can I say, Brooks is my type. Tall, dark, fair-skinned, longhaired, and a bit of a mummy's boy. (Ha.)

I guess we forget that for the families it is awkward having camera there - and so they may be a bit stilted / awkward in their questions ... but still no need for Ritchie's mates to be so aggressive in their questions ... made it out like they expect to remain his top priority and wanted to ensure she knew her place in the scheme of things ... definitely off putting for me

For the record I didn't see any of Richie's mates as being aggressive. I think having so many people there would have been confronting for Sam but he and/or his family/friends (whoever got to decide who was going to be there) probably just wanted everyone close to Richie to meet Sam/see Richie again, etc. They would have had good intentions. I think it's probably also important to remember that the producers do tell them to grill the Bachelor/Bachelorette to up the drama.

Honestly I think Michael is a better match with Emily from the Bachelor. They even say the same things...

Wow really? That's interesting because I actually see Michael and Emily's personalities to be polar opposites. I know most people here don't think Michael is genuine but if we were to take him on what we've seen then I see him as quite a sensitive person, perhaps almost boarding on sappy. Emily on the other hand appeared to come across as completely apathetic, cold almost. Michael seems to be able to read Sam well and do and say the right things to put himself ahead, where Emily seemed to have a total lack of awareness and sabotaged herself on countless occasions. I couldn't see them more dissimilar to be honest, even accounting for the fact that I suspect they'd run in similar crowds.

Were they your first celebrity crush?
Mine was Pat Cash lol. I cut pictures of him out and stuck them in a scrap book. I bet people don't do that anymore. I was obsessed with tennis at the time.
No, Roger Moore was my first pin up. I had a huge poster of him on my wall. The Rollers took over when I was 14. I was obsessed for a couple of years then I changed to Dire Straits. They're still my favourite band. I had Roller clothes, two scrapbooks and I still have their albums, on vinyl.

Omg The Rollers ... and I'm remembering a lot of tartam snd no stones ;) Didnt get tragic enough to put tartan braiding on my jeans ... but still ... lol

Omg The Rollers ... and I'm remembering a lot of tartam snd no stones ;) Didnt get tragic enough to put tartan braiding on my jeans ... but still ... lol
I didn't trim my jeans. I had a pair of light blue flairs which I tartanned up. T shirts, scarves, high top runners. Great fun.

So two more episodes left! I'm going to try my very hardest to watch it on qld's time, sorry Sydney, but you are too early for me!

So what's the verdict? Who do you want to win, but who do you think will win?

I want Richie to win (duh!) but think Sasha and Michael will be final two and Sasha to win it. Michael will be next bachelor.

The only contribution I can make towards talking about Emily is that I think she is incredibly gorgeous, in a superficial level though. I hope she has reflected and gained some insight and is a better person for it. The end. Now heather I can say a whole lot more about :inlove:

If heathers new beau doesn't work out, someone should organise a Richie and heather date.

I want Richie to win, but really it's Sam Frost's life, and if she sees more in Sasha or Michael, then that's her choice to make.

I also think people are a bit harsh on Michael. He doesn't show much emotion, especially in the eyes, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a heart. He's probably a decent enough guy, just a typical sport guy who possibly wants a trophy girlfriend. Sam doesn't seem that deep herself so perhaps she isn't looking for the same things we would be...

For the record I didn't see any of Richie's mates as being aggressive. I think having so many people there would have been confronting for Sam but he and/or his family/friends (whoever got to decide who was going to be there) probably just wanted everyone close to Richie to meet Sam/see Richie again, etc. They would have had good intentions. I think it's probably also important to remember that the producers do tell them to grill the Bachelor/Bachelorette to up the drama.
I just know from my perspective - if faced by not only family but friends - and the friends questions were quite pointed (and to my mind felt aggressive ... as in 'we don't really believe in this whole show thing ... so we're a bit suss you might be stringing our mate along) I just would have felt extremely intimidated by the whole thing - from what we were shown

2D6FD67200000578-3273825-image-m-19_1444916590058.jpg

the whole body language, facial expressions and demeanour ... seems negative or at the very least suspicious and negative

I think Richie made a big mistake putting her in the middle of all that instead of just his mother and sister - but I wonder if it was the producers who told him - ok we've already seen your mum and sister via video on your single date so lets go one step further to make it more interesting ... who knows

The only contribution I can make towards talking about Emily is that I think she is incredibly gorgeous, in a superficial level though. I hope she has reflected and gained some insight and is a better person for it. The end. Now heather I can say a whole lot more about :inlove:

If heathers new beau doesn't work out, someone should organise a Richie and heather date.

Will a photo of Heather and Dave do?

12142287_461690870705320_1506539944_n.jpg

Back