Skip to main content

Where Are They Now?

Joel is in the new Advanced Hair Studio ads.
Pics????? A Link??????
Not sure if this is old news (a search turned up nada)

Appeared during "Under The Dome" on TEN last night:

joel-advanced-hair-85-jpg.40311
I was just wondering if anyone else has realised Joel from BB07 is now doing ads for Advanced Hair (yeah yeah). ?

I saw the ad last night and thought I recognised the face.

Last edited:

Well there you go. How delightfully random. Or so it seems to me, maybe this is extremely planned and logical to those with more insight into her life.

You've got an excellent (photographic?) memory. I struggle to remember more than half of last year's cast let alone hms of almost a decade ago. lol :redface:

I do have a bit of a photographic memory actually, usually for really pointless crap which I suppose would include this, however I'm not a full savant as I rewatched this series earlier in the year so the housemates are more on my radar.

Well there you go. How delightfully random. Or so it seems to me, maybe this is extremely planned and logical to those with more insight into her life.

I do have a bit of a photographic memory actually, usually for really pointless crap which I suppose would include this, however I'm not a full savant as I rewatched this series earlier in the year so the housemates are more on my radar.

Did any of your opinions of the housemates change from that season?

Did any of your opinions of the housemates change from that season?

Well I only watched about half that season at the time so I didn't get the full perspective or have a firm favourite at the time, it was definitely interesting to watch again as someone who is older and maybe a tiny bit wiser.

Well I only watched about half that season at the time so I didn't get the full perspective or have a firm favourite at the time, it was definitely interesting to watch again as someone who is older and maybe a tiny bit wiser.

I remember that season because Emma's dad died and there was a bit of a debate about whether Emma should be told before she was evicted.

I remember that season because Emma's dad died and there was a bit of a debate about whether Emma should be told before she was evicted.

No need for it though because they agreed with her that if he was to die they wouldn't say because their father daughter relationship wasn't very strong

Yep. She was told before she was evicted but by that point it was a few weeks after he had died. It was a tricky situation for channel 10 as Emma had listed that as one of her pieces of info from the outside world to be notified of, but her father had requested on this deathbed not to tell her. Deathbed wishes are srs bizniz but either way I think reality trumps what is ultimately a silly TV show, I guess telling her eventually was an alright compromise. Emma was such a bitch, but I felt so sad for her of course.

Another controversy was the baby task in the very first week when Kate opted out as she had a baby die 18 months earlier and found it too upsetting so the task was cancelled. Apparently the producers were aware of this before she went in so a bit short sighted.

This was all following on from the infamous turkey slap the year before and as a result no adults only show, so channel 10 were probshly hoping for a drama free season, which they did not achieve.

No need for it though because they agreed with her that if he was to die they wouldn't say because their father daughter relationship wasn't very strong

Yes at that point I don't think Emma was even in contact with him and hadn't seen him in a while despite knowing he was dying, so not really the more conventional parent-child relationship you'd imagine. I'd say majority of people wouldn't go on BB if they knew there was a high chance their parent would die during that time.

Yes at that point I don't think Emma was even in contact with him and hadn't seen him in a while despite knowing he was dying, so not really the more conventional parent-child relationship you'd imagine. I'd say majority of people wouldn't go on BB if they knew there was a high chance their parent would die during that time.

I would.

Back