Skip to main content

Shit season of Big Brother?

I don't even think it was as bad as some make it out. I think Travis, Skye, Priya and David are some of the best housemates ever (ducks for cover). I also really liked the double evictions which meant they were getting rid of both the boring characters and the mean characters (i.e Dion and Katie, Jake and Lisa)

I miss it already but im dealing. Getting a little nostalgic right now though. September 8 through to November 26 were some of the best days of the year. Wanna thank everyone on this forum for making it happen. By that i mean all the discussions on this forum. One of the best parts of this year for me was coming home from work and talking shit about everything with you guys. Can't thank you fellas and ladies enough.

Agree .. Even one of the worst seasons is still good if you're a bb fan.

It's 8:30 and my kids are still awake!!!! Usually I'm like "bed time!!! Mummas show is on"

I feel a bit lost. I guess I will get back in to watching some DVDs of a night

The only thing that made this season bearable was this forum. This was the highlight, and if it's on next year I will be excited for the forum only.

Society is to blame for the shallow characters we get on BB. I can't see it getting any better unless it moves to SBS.

Hmmmm... I don't think this was such a bad season with these HMs and tasks. What made this a terrible season was the time-shifting shows, lack of shows during the week and horrible editing. I still am confused as to why the show was geared towards youngsters but aired late at night? It seems like channel 9 really tried hard to destroy BBAU 2014.

Another mistake was hiring Ryan. We have a winner who had no interest in BB or the HMS that loved the show, never auditioned for the show and has no respect for BBAU.

Just started re-watching 2005 BB - I only saw some of it as I was living in NZ and it was shown during the daytime, so I had to remember to record it! Day two but they just used to show ordinary conversations and interaction right from the start - modern BB is a different beast!

I thought the show itself was good, if limited in what it could do, but we only have Channel Nein to blame for that.

I mean, sure, their three reality shows are BB, The Block, and The Voice, but BB is a show that needs to be shown every day or at least 5-6 days a week. I don't watch The Block, but am I imagining it, or is that show sometimes on twice in a year? I don't see how a show like The Block can make more money than a show like Big Brother. Maybe The Block is a cheaper show to make, but if Channel Nein REALLY invested in Big Brother, it could make them a lot of money, and possibly turn the show into the hit it once was.

2013 was a shit season.

This year we had Priya and Ryan. :happy:
Agreed. Despite the lack of live updates, this season was better than 2013. Some of the intruders were disappointing this year, but I thought it was otherwise a good lot of housemates this year.

Over this season already, onto Survivor now..

Really disappointed that the person who appreciates BB and made the biggest efforts (Trav & Skye) lost to an individual that thought BB is rubbish and didn't even apply to be on the show.

I thought the show itself was good, if limited in what it could do, but we only have Channel Nein to blame for that.

I mean, sure, their three reality shows are BB, The Block, and The Voice, but BB is a show that needs to be shown every day or at least 5-6 days a week. I don't watch The Block, but am I imagining it, or is that show sometimes on twice in a year? I don't see how a show like The Block can make more money than a show like Big Brother. Maybe The Block is a cheaper show to make, but if Channel Nein REALLY invested in Big Brother, it could make them a lot of money, and possibly turn the show into the hit it once was.

I'm with you on this one. The Block has been on twice a year probably at least the last 3 years. I know people complain about the product placement a lot on BB, but it is nowhere near as bad as The Block. I also can not see how The Block could be cheaper to make, and if Nein actually packaged BB into daily shows with real conversation with occasional product placement, I think it could make lots of money from it.

if Nein actually packaged BB into daily shows with real conversation with occasional product placement, I think it could make lots of money from it.

Exactly - I don't care about product placement if it means we get the proper show. I don't mind seeing them all sitting around eating KFC as long as they are actually talking about things besides chicken. Or even Ambi Pur, I don't mind BB ordering housemates to freshen up the house as long as they are talking about somethng interesting while they do it.

The Block is an expensive program to make, and it costs Ch 9 about $60m per season for the rights. But Ch 9 gets to sell advertising blocks at $50k per 30 seconds. It's all about the value that advertisers perceive from hawking their products during the show. If they think that their ads or product placement are going to influence a lot of people to buy their product, then they'll pay. And there will be a show for us to watch, with lots of coverage. So if we want BB to come back, it's not so much about paying out the bucks on the voting line, but buying the products being advertised. Goddammit, I ate KFC during the BB season! At least once! And they still cut the number of shows per week. What do I have to do? I bought an Ambi Pur air freshener too...

*checks in the hallway*

Um no. Glasshouse candle. Oh well.

Didn't Big Brother have pretty much zero sponsors this year, obviously outside of Ambi Pur and KFC? Oh, and Appliances Online, but I mean... that isn't Holden (or whoever used to give out the cars), so.

Big brother is like pizza and / or sex.

Even when it's bad it's good.

Back