Skip to main content

Open for tour?

Do we have to get into Dreamworld to get to the Big Brother house? I really don't want to have to pay admission in Dreamworld to see it!

I've only been to the 2005 and 2007 houses.

I was on the way to see the 2008 house (like, literally in QLD and on the way to Dreamworld) but it started raining and the bitchez I was with at the time decided to TURN BACK. So that never happened.

I've seen the 2002 and 2008 houses. The timing with 2002 was a coincidence, but 2008 was very intentional with a 10 day GC holiday timed to attend the BB08 Finale (first and only time been to a BB show) and also see inside the house. A week wasn't long enough to do both since it took (iirc) 8 days to turn the house around (remove cameras and such) from a television set to a tourist attraction.

I've never been inside a house. I wouldn't mind seeing this year's tbh. Forum trip up to the house?
My inner fanboy SCREAMS every time. In 2007 when you had to walk down the auditorium, onto the stage and through the back corridor (that they used to use on eviction nights in BB01-BB02) I was pretty much DYING.

Even this year when I was up at Dreamworld a few weeks ago, even though you could only get as far as looking at the auditorium from a distance, I was secretly just wanting to jump the fucking ropes and run into the control room. :roflmao:

But no seriously, yet another reason why Channel 9's BB is so behind the times is how they handle their tours. I was reading on Wikipedia that apparently during the Channel 10 years, if you went to Dreamworld while a BB season was still airing you could still do a tour. Obviously not of the house but apparently: "during seasons, guests could view the eviction stage (access to the stage itself is limited), the 'control room' (video editing room) and plasma screens displaying live feed from the house. Discretion was advised when bringing younger ones as video content was not censored".

Sadly they don't do that anymore of-course but I would kill to get a backstage tour of those studios one day... would make my LIFE. :sorry:

But no seriously, yet another reason why Channel 9's BB is so behind the times is how they handle their tours. I was reading on Wikipedia that apparently during the Channel 10 years, if you went to Dreamworld while a BB season was still airing you could still do a tour. Obviously not of the house but apparently: "during seasons, guests could view the eviction stage (access to the stage itself is limited), the 'control room' (video editing room) and plasma screens displaying live feed from the house. Discretion was advised when bringing younger ones as video content was not censored".

Sadly they don't do that anymore of-course but I would kill to get a backstage tour of those studios one day... would make my LIFE. :sorry:

You're making me sad, babe! Seriously I fucking hate Channel 9 with a passion. How can they be so backwards as to even fuck up tours? Geez. Seeing the studios would be everything, which is quite sad, really! :tongue:

apparently during the Channel 10 years, if you went to Dreamworld while a BB season was still airing you could still do a tour. Obviously not of the house but apparently: "during seasons, guests could view the eviction stage (access to the stage itself is limited), the 'control room' (video editing room) and plasma screens displaying live feed from the house. Discretion was advised when bringing younger ones as video content was not censored".

Yeah the BB Shop was there in the auditorium giving a reason for people to walk there. I think the auditorium seating area was open to view until 3 or 4 pm or something like that. Control room viewing I think was just from the windows at the auditorium was it not? As in, you could look into the control room from the side of the audience seating. It was still good nonetheless!

Control room viewing I think was just from the windows at the auditorium was it not? As in, you could look into the control room from the side of the audience seating. It was still good nonetheless!
Yeah, I'd say it would have been, but even so that would be pretty awesome.

I'd the creepy one who just stands there and WATCHES THE STAFF WORK. :geek:

Yeah I went when the show was on... did a tour of the stage and control room etc (you could see in through a window)
I can't remember which year... but I have never been on a house tour.

I wonder if we organised a forum trip and tour @Goon or even A-Mav would be our guide?!!? haha

I was reading on Wikipedia that apparently during the Channel 10 years, if you went to Dreamworld while a BB season was still airing you could still do a tour. Obviously not of the house but apparently: "during seasons, guests could view the eviction stage (access to the stage itself is limited), the 'control room' (video editing room) and plasma screens displaying live feed from the house. Discretion was advised when bringing younger ones as video content was not censored"

Yeah, you're right - I remember doing this as a kid, although I think it was just a video feed without sound. I live on the GC and I've been in quite a few of the houses. One of the years I went they had every diary room chair from each season and you could sit in all of them. That was a fangirl moment

Back