Skip to main content

Priya Appreciation Society

I VOTE on Facebook, so there's actually only about 9 hours left. See the original post :)

OK so I officially matched @emojiology's 100 votes - $55 (80 votes from Friday & this morning, plus 20 votes just now)

AND NOW: for every like that this post gets, I will send 1 vote to Priya! CLICK AWAY! :)

Deadline: Until before the first eviction.

View attachment 46115

if someone could put priya's pic in this? I think it would be pretty amazing! Appeals to the kiddies too

Mirc960.jpg

27-year-old high school teacher Priya is aware her first impression hits like a wrecking ball.

She’s bossy, cocky, and narcissistic, and these are just a few choice words she uses to describe herself. Love her or hate her at your leisure; the biggest insult you can give this Indian firecracker is apathy.

Priya is under no illusion that her bluntness and hypercritical eye will polarise her fellow Housemates but warns her absence is felt far more than her presence!

On immigrating to Australia with her husband at 22:
I remember first landing in Adelaide when the airport was under construction. I looked around and said, ‘God… this doesn’t look like the movies!’ The first few years were quite tough for us. I remember walking into a supermarket and walking out because I couldn't afford eggs … Things have gotten better in the last two or three years.

On rebelling against her Indian heritage:
I went through a phase where I hated being Indian, so I would do everything that wasn't Indian. I would watch Hollywood movies; only listen to English movies; I had blonde streaks in my hair; I tried to get blue contact lenses … People would ask me, 'Oh, where are you from?' and I would say, 'Guess.' If they said Greek, Persian, Italian, or Maltese or Arabic, I would say yes. I would not tell them I was Indian. … [now] I often say that I am unapologetically Indian.

On her intelligence:
I am smart, I know that. It may sound smug to some people, but I think that is just part of who I am. I have always been a top A-grade student; even when I was rebellious and naughty at school I made sure my grades were up. I did really well in uni … I have an English Honours degree, a post-grad Linguistics, I have a masters by course work and masters by research, which can lead to a PHD any day I like.

On teaching at an all-girls private catholic college:
In some ways I am a cool teacher, because I do get along with my students ... I don't mind if kids come to my classes with piercings or black nail polish as long as they are paying attention and doing what they need to do. That’s all that matters.

On telling it how it is:
I am a transparent person; what I say is what I feel. I find it very hard to fake affection or fake friendships with people. You will just know; it is written on my face … Either I really, really like you, or I really don't - it is very hard for me to find a middle ground.

On leaving an impression:
The worst thing for me is when someone is indifferent to me. I would rather be hated than not felt for at all … I don't mind if I am loved or hated, as long as I am thought of or talked about.

On hardship faced as a teenager in India:
When I was 17 and in year 12, I became the sole breadwinner for the family. Then I moved away from Dehradun to New Delhi so I could do my English honours degree, and at the same time do a full time job. I called that my 'growing up years' because I grew up overnight.

On what sort of Housemate she’ll be:
I think I will be a Housemate who makes her presence felt. And her absence felt more.

On standing up for what’s right:
Life hasn’t been very fair to me, probably not to anyone for that matter, and I think I will always stand for fairness and equality. If I see someone being bullied or someone being singled out, I think I will be the first person to stand up for them and take it on me if I have to.

On staying true to herself:
I think knowing one’s self is very important to me. As long as I can look at myself in the mirror and not have to look away, I think I will be alright.

Let's all get reacquainted to Prisus again shall we?

I don't hate Priya but at the same time don't think she should win BB coz she ain't fun or interesting enough. I find her very very boring esp. the way she talks..........I can understand why she talks so slowly - it's coz she has an accent...so to hide that accent, she has to speak really slowly & she won't sound like her promo "butter chicken" self.
Her promo's were bull crap just like Leo's Promo's---------He said I'm a real man & I will show those boys & the biggest crap was"Im attracted to "Intelligent women" :tongue: & guess who he is attracted to ------> Skye.:jawdrop: :sneaky:I love Skye & want her to win BUT what i'm saying is that channel 9 really fooled everyone this year. All that bullshit promo's about an Ark and Soniya Krugger as Jesus.

Ohhh Mai Gawwddd

Last edited by a moderator:
Back