Skip to main content

The 4 new intruders are pointless and a waste of time

A housemate of mine once sent me to the pharmacy to buy her the morning after pill. They refused to sell it to me. They most likely thought I was some dodgy abusive boyfriend trying to administer it unwittingly.

My housemate would take one of those as she shaved before a big night out

Defense is the best for of attack

And she was the expert in pre-emptive strikes.

She sent me to the chemist with the script.

The number of repeats resembled a yellow pages

The most intensely annoying bit is that there are about two or three weeks left.. So not only do we know not even know the existing housemates, but what we have been seeing of everyone is so intensely prescribed and related to the little stunts or a major focus on the cheating and bitching that accompanies that.

How many weeks does that leave the intruders to get nominated? *That* is when they are supposed to be put under pressure, that's when we see the alliances and the housemates being put under breaking point and the drama ensues. It takes more than two nomination weeks to see them to start to wear thin, so what we are seeing of them is going to be a lie.

I can't see the original housemates voting for the intruders in-strength, either, they haven't had enough of a chance to start to get annoyed with them., so these intruders will all likely make it to the final few weeks, and then is anyone's guess, a mass eviction of a scale never been seen on Big Brother in Big Brother history? Also Travis has had very little time to brush with the new intruders, so we are missing a LOT more. While they're probably all in the house together right now, there is probably SO MUCH FUCKING interesting stuff going down, which will be heavily edited and cut down to nothing for Monday's episode, never to be seen or heard of again, other than in passing with an evicted housemate.

We will just have to admit that we will never know the housemates, and will never ever really know the eventual winner all that well.

Facebook comments are at an all time negative I've noticed.. Big Brother HAS to be taking notice, unless Alex has specifically asked not to be told what the audience is thinking, which is probably what is happening this year.

I SUSPECT there is a 10-point plan hidden in Alex's drawer on how to slowly turn BB Australia into a low budget b-grade soapie, without the audience noticing.

Imagine if 2 intruders were the final 2 because people got complacent/thought they were safe, so didn't bother with the more popular hm's towards end, ala Ricki Lee/Ben from Brisbane.

We all know why they did it. The housemates they got from the regular agency are that boring they need new people to stir the pot. They dont have enough for a daily show. They even lack showing results of the challenges. It sux and they need some spice .

I like Penny, Richard and Lina - Tom is nothing to me.
I think Richard and Lina should have been in the house from the start and should have substituted Jake and Cat. Make Penny and Leo the intruders, Marina can come into the game sometime around now. Marina would've been better with more airtime. Jake and Cat really haven't added anything to the show ... yes Cat has been the main storyline of the series but aside from being the cougar she doesn't have much substance to her in the house - even her sister said so.

I like Penny, Richard and Lina - Tom is nothing to me.
I think Richard and Lina should have been in the house from the start and should have substituted Jake and Cat. Make Penny and Leo the intruders, Marina can come into the game sometime around now. Marina would've been better with more airtime. Jake and Cat really haven't added anything to the show ... yes Cat has been the main storyline of the series but aside from being the cougar she doesn't have much substance to her in the house - even her sister said so.

I would have substituted Marina for Lina.

I think I would've preferred to see Lina from the start though, Marina would've been a good intruder if she wasn't so overwhelmed by the constant "shocks" and "shake-ups", it's hard to be an intruder when on your second episode you're mentioned twice.

Replace Katie with Lina.

I'm happy about the intruders because I was tired of nothing much happening with the static tiresome people in the house. We've had plenty of time to get to know them. As far as I can tell, no one has stepped up to be entertaining characters so far. (Maybe Skye?) This cast is clearly set for the teen audience and I'm not happy with the way it has been working.

The point of sending in 4 at once is to change the dynamics and to not allow the current housemates to use intruders as targets.

If the house was going well, they wouldn't have had to send these people in and break up the couples.

Last edited:
They truly are a waste of time, and its unfair for us to have full episodes centered around them and this "new era" crap, when we barely see some of the originals. Poor Marina, barely had any airtime and left. She did not even get a chance to truly show Australia who she was. Very unfair. Regardless of the individual intruders and what they bring, their presence as a whole - four new people - is annoying.

It intrigues me as to why they sent in Marina, when they had Penny and Lina in the queue. They obviously saw something in her that we didn't. Leo was a well timed intruder although he has done nothing apart from hook up with Skye and work out. Richard and Tom will be proven to be duds. Penny should have entered the game Day One in lieu of Skye, and Lina should have entered Day One in lieu of Cat. You'd be looking at an entirely different game.

Last edited:
I like the new hm's, I would rather watch these new ones than the originals being more boring than a brick,, All Aisha and Skye does is show off their bodies and act like they have had no real home training.. Leo is all about his body and Cat is a sleaze and so is Lawson.. Ryan , David and Priya are the ONLY ones worth watching and oh let us not forget Travis.. he grins way too much and seems to only know HE is alive. I think they are all a bunch of knobs ..

Back