Skip to main content

Travis smokes in the BB house? 21 October ep

Good point, but when I heard David's comment I took it as though he was joking about Travis and Aisha having sex. Sleep and cigarettes are commonly joked about as post-sex routines ;)

It could've been a sex joke, cause I think Sandra said something like "Aish is wiping him off". And one of the ex-HMs did say in a post-eviction interview that the HMs talk real dirty and half the stuff they say would never make the edit.

Then again the HMs reaction was still awkward and peculiar.

Im an ex smoker but I still need a lighter gnomesayin

I have a kanger evod vapourizer. Well I did have but my parrot chewed up the top part so im fucked now.

just quietly[DOUBLEPOST=1414065572][/DOUBLEPOST]
lol is there a worm involved? Or a guy called jose cuervo?
Halfa bottle later I have no ideas what you're talking about~!~~ lawl? wot? halp.

Halfa bottle later I have no ideas what you're talking about~!~~ lawl? wot? halp.
dangerous fire water that tequila. I like it with half a dozen luudes a few microdots and a half ounce of Columbian gold. Yanno Fear and Loathing Style....."ask my lawyer,,,,,,,he's driving"

I'm having a hard enough time finding the keyboard and the ashtray... Once every 15 years is worth it!

Interesting thought. Previous years you could clearly see housemates wearing nicotine patches and a few of them would make comments about beng grumpy etc because they couldn't smoke. I haven't seen any of that this year.

Seeing as there is no live feed it would be ok to let them smoke in a designated area. But I would hope that only one person at a time would be allowed in there so as to avoid any interesting conversations that might happen in there and unable to be aired.
Hi Timmy (love the muppet) Yeah they should be able to roll up big doobs and smoke em in the sun! (might explain the beanies and ugg boots in 30 degree heat :)

Interesting thought. Previous years you could clearly see housemates wearing nicotine patches and a few of them would make comments about beng grumpy etc because they couldn't smoke. I haven't seen any of that this year.

I remember they even had an nicabate challenge ad campaign in 2004 I think with Sara Marie sitting in the diary room telling everyone to try the 30 day patches or something.

Okay so watched the October 21st episode again, when Travis and Aisha get told about the cash edit and Sandra gets evicted.

At about 90 minutes into the episode, as Travis and Aisha are walking out of the power room David makes a comment and that makes EVERYONE in the house look so sus...

David says something like "yeah Travis is asleep having a cigarette" in which everyone nervously laughs as they realise they're live. Then Ryan impersonates Travis saying "what'd you say about cigarettes?" "Whose seen my cigarettes?" Trying to be subtle to David. Sandra made a comment and kinda did this zip gesture across her face, like she was trying to shut him up and everyone looked really nervous and didn't know what to do. Some housemates tried to rectify the situation saying "cigarettes?? Ha" but their body language looks like their trying to cover the comment up.

There have been a lot of obvious things like this that make me think we're not shown anywhere near the accurate life of the housemates. Watch the episode again, this moment is just weird, their reactions are so sketchy.

I speculate that the housemates are getting a lot more freedoms and are actually more like puppets than genuine characters. And I guess it doesn't matter if Travis smokes in the house, the point is that I think it's possible the producers are directing the housemates behaviour and they aren't being themselves, they're basically just actors, which annoys me so much.

Thoughts?

I agree with the others. Definitely a rooting joke.. like Travis has finished already, smoked a cigarette, and gone to sleep. Not literally smoking on Travis' part, just a joke.

And Sandra didn't make a zip lips gesture, she said 'yeah and Aisha's wiping her mouth', indicating Aisha's just sucked him off.

Just dirty jokes. Not one thing to do with anyone literally smoking..

Check the youtube advert with Paul Hogan and THAT packet of cigarettes...

They cost forty cents per packet back then
When I was smoking at high school back in the late 70s, Benson and Hedges was $1.50 for a pack of 20. Five of us would share the pack and it would take us a week to go through one and we were allowed to smoke at our school. How silly we were. I wonder how many housemates are smokers or do they try to have non smokers as hm's.

Are you sure he doesn't sleep talk? Maybe that's what they are referring to, anyway, I highly doubt housemates are allowed to smoke.

Okay so watched the October 21st episode again, when Travis and Aisha get told about the cash edit and Sandra gets evicted.

At about 90 minutes into the episode, as Travis and Aisha are walking out of the power room David makes a comment and that makes EVERYONE in the house look so sus...

David says something like "yeah Travis is asleep having a cigarette" in which everyone nervously laughs as they realise they're live. Then Ryan impersonates Travis saying "what'd you say about cigarettes?" "Whose seen my cigarettes?" Trying to be subtle to David. Sandra made a comment and kinda did this zip gesture across her face, like she was trying to shut him up and everyone looked really nervous and didn't know what to do. Some housemates tried to rectify the situation saying "cigarettes?? Ha" but their body language looks like their trying to cover the comment up.

There have been a lot of obvious things like this that make me think we're not shown anywhere near the accurate life of the housemates. Watch the episode again, this moment is just weird, their reactions are so sketchy.

I speculate that the housemates are getting a lot more freedoms and are actually more like puppets than genuine characters. And I guess it doesn't matter if Travis smokes in the house, the point is that I think it's possible the producers are directing the housemates behaviour and they aren't being themselves, they're basically just actors, which annoys me so much.

Thoughts?

I rewatched that ep on GO yesterday and David said ( I presume because they were in the Power Room so long) "Travis, did you sneak out for a cigarette?" I noticed it got very awkward and there was some serious attempts at deflecting going on. And the housemates laughter was nervous laughter, rather than laughing about it as though David was joking.

I also would not be surprised if many in the house are actually actors, rather than average Joe's and Janes. They do it with other reality shows, so I don't see why it would be any different with BBAU, this year at least.

This year is very different to previous years in many ways. They don't have to go through mega stressful challenges for one and even when they fail a task, their "staples" are hardly staples like in previous years of things like sardines and porridge. It's like this lot of housemates are just coasting like it's a holiday.

I agree with the others. Definitely a rooting joke.. like Travis has finished already, smoked a cigarette, and gone to sleep. Not literally smoking on Travis' part, just a joke.

And Sandra didn't make a zip lips gesture, she said 'yeah and Aisha's wiping her mouth', indicating Aisha's just sucked him off.

Just dirty jokes. Not one thing to do with anyone literally smoking..

^^This.

I wish we saw more of their potty mouths.

Well it's a good thing he has his smokes then. Ever seen a smoker go without for a while? Very unpleasant to be around.

Really? I didn't catch that. So that's why there is no live updates/live feeds?

Because they've decided to let them smoke this year if they do and they don't want it shown?

Maybe someone can ask an evicted housemate in all these interviews they've been doing.

You really think they are going to tell the truth?

Back