Skip to main content

Travis smokes in the BB house? 21 October ep

N

Nikti

Okay so watched the October 21st episode again, when Travis and Aisha get told about the cash edit and Sandra gets evicted.

At about 90 minutes into the episode, as Travis and Aisha are walking out of the power room David makes a comment and that makes EVERYONE in the house look so sus...

David says something like "yeah Travis is asleep having a cigarette" in which everyone nervously laughs as they realise they're live. Then Ryan impersonates Travis saying "what'd you say about cigarettes?" "Whose seen my cigarettes?" Trying to be subtle to David. Sandra made a comment and kinda did this zip gesture across her face, like she was trying to shut him up and everyone looked really nervous and didn't know what to do. Some housemates tried to rectify the situation saying "cigarettes?? Ha" but their body language looks like their trying to cover the comment up.

There have been a lot of obvious things like this that make me think we're not shown anywhere near the accurate life of the housemates. Watch the episode again, this moment is just weird, their reactions are so sketchy.

I speculate that the housemates are getting a lot more freedoms and are actually more like puppets than genuine characters. And I guess it doesn't matter if Travis smokes in the house, the point is that I think it's possible the producers are directing the housemates behaviour and they aren't being themselves, they're basically just actors, which annoys me so much.

Thoughts?

Goodness! I thought I was sober in that episode but maybe I fast forwarded that part? (I record on Foxtel and blitz the ads).

Really? I didn't catch that. So that's why there is no live updates/live feeds?

Because they've decided to let them smoke this year if they do and they don't want it shown?

Maybe someone can ask an evicted housemate in all these interviews they've been doing.

Seeing as there is no live feed it would be ok to let them smoke in a designated area. But I would hope that only one person at a time would be allowed in there so as to avoid any interesting conversations that might happen in there and unable to be aired.

1. I'm a smoker.
2. I know the (retail) law on cigarette distribution.
3. Australia is now a nanny-state. The government says, we say,, OH, YEAH, THANKS!
4. If they allowed smoking housemates respite, meh. Their choice.
5. This is a reality show; no smoking, smokers, armageddon, good viewing.

Depends on whether you wish to see the housemates as mates, or TV animals for entertainment.

My sister actually pointed it out to me so I re-watched it and thought it was really odd, I didn't even notice it when I first watched the ep.

I mean maybe they don't want to show smoking cause it's PG on channel nine and then don't wanna expose smoking to kids? But then again, if that was the case what about all the footage of HMs drunk and pashing each other?

I guess just keep an eye out for moments like this. :)

I thought the only reason they weren't allowed to smoke was because the BB house is considered to be a workplace, or something. (and of course the PC nature of our media and whatnot)

My sister actually pointed it out to me so I re-watched it and thought it was really odd, I didn't even notice it when I first watched the ep.

I mean maybe they don't want to show smoking cause it's PG on channel nine and then don't wanna expose smoking to kids? But then again, if that was the case what about all the footage of HMs drunk and pashing each other?

I guess just keep an eye out for moments like this. :)

They've never allowed smoking in all the years of bb australia since way back to 2001.

So if it is allowed now and they're covering it up, it's a big deal and not just a channel 9 thing.

Actually they did allow it on celeb bb. Kyle Sandilands needed his cigarettes, but we never saw them smoking. So there's that. If they smoke you can't see them.

1. I'm a smoker.
2. I know the (retail) law on cigarette distribution.
3. Australia is now a nanny-state. The government says, we say,, OH, YEAH, THANKS!
4. If they allowed smoking housemates respite, meh. Their choice.
5. This is a reality show; no smoking, smokers, armageddon, good viewing.

Depends on whether you wish to see the housemates as mates, or TV animals for entertainment.
I read this three times and I can't make heads or tails of what you are trying to say.

large.gif

Reactions: Ayr
Be gentle, oh @bleachy_dude ; there are little mexican hats on bottles of alcohol involved. It's my 15 year reunion with Mr T; it's bound to be a) splat; b) repetitive; and c) embarrassing to me. Much lub.
Hahaha. I still have no idea what you're talking about... But whatever it is, be safe and have fun!!:D

I read this three times and I can't make heads or tails of what you are trying to say.
Im an ex smoker but I still need a lighter gnomesayin

I have a kanger evod vapourizer. Well I did have but my parrot chewed up the top part so im fucked now.

just quietly[DOUBLEPOST=1414065572][/DOUBLEPOST]
Be gentle, oh @bleachy_dude ; there are little mexican hats on bottles of alcohol involved. It's my 15 year reunion with Mr T; it's bound to be a) splat; b) repetitive; and c) embarrassing to me. Much lub.
lol is there a worm involved? Or a guy called jose cuervo?

Maybe that's why we barely saw any footage of him in the sanctuary....he was too busy smoking :cigar:

Back