Skip to main content

The biggest narcissist wins! (with clip)

Did you actually get to go to the games? I'd be quite jealous. Blackhawks are an impressive team & I loved the Kane/Toews all star ads. So funny!

My avi is no one to recognize, just myself. Thanks for the compliment :eek:

Awww :eek: I had a feeling it was you! Very beautiful.

Unfortunately I was not able to get tickets to the Cup-clinching games in 2010 or 2013; BUT whenever they're down visiting Southern California (where I'm from) to play the Anaheim Ducks or Los Angeles Kings, I try to always go to those games!

Can not wait 'til the 2014 Olympics in Sochi to see the USA and Canada square-off against eachother. Kane/Toews are so BROmantic. haha. :p
2ebzpqu.jpg

The only thing I noticed about his exit onto the stage was the selfish housemates who edged out his parents for the first hug - you can see his poor dad hovering around trying to get his arms in there. That is typical of some of our more self absorbed HM's this year though.

The biggest narcissist wins

Tim walks to the stage, completely ignores his fellow HM and even bumps hard into Tully and just pushes his way through like "fuck you guys, It's all about me!" I really do hope he loses all the money in 2 weeks

he has a severe personality disorder and just like a kid got his own way so will never change.

So, you're against people with personality disorders winning Big Brother.

Let's assume that if someone with a full-blown mental illness ever won, you'd be against that too.

Do you think people with personality disorders and mental illnesses should be precluded from entering the BB competition?

Let's assume that if someone with a full-blown mental illness ever won, you'd be against that too.

Do you think people with personality disorders and mental illnesses should be precluded from entering the BB competition?

Yep, thats why they have psychologists on these shows.

If you had a family member with a mental illness, you would not ask this ridiculous, loaded question. I am trying to picture my sister in the BB house, living in close quarters with other people... Yeah, nuh. I do think she would be able to successfully pull the wool over the eyes of the casting crew though!!

As a separate issue... Narcissism isn't necessarily debilitating to the person who carries that personality disorder, but it is HUGELY upsetting to those who have to tolerate it on a daily basis.

What I don't get is the excessive Tim love, and the intense hate towards last year's winner. They're both the same with their entertainment value, can be as annoying, but why is one more loved than the other?

What I don't get is the excessive Tim love, and the intense hate towards last year's winner. They're both the same with their entertainment value, can be as annoying, but why is one more loved than the other?

I think they are worlds apart tbh. I would not think they are the same on any level, yes both entertaining, but their entertainment value is different. Yes both annoying, but even that is different IMO.

They're completely different. Benjamin was a completely nasty piece of work who could only be funny when he was being nasty to someone. The way he rallied his cronies to gang up on Estelle and sat back laughing his ass off at her pain was disgusting. Yes Tim sometimes did and said some questionable things, but at the end of the day he also showed a lot of heart with some of the HMs and it made him a more well-developed character.

I think they are worlds apart tbh. I would not think they are the same on any level, yes both entertaining, but their entertainment value is different. Yes both annoying, but even that is different IMO.

Yep, Ben 12 had malicious intent in a lot of his interactions with housemates he didn't particularly connect with and left his worst venom for the most ostracized housemate.

I thought that was cowardly and lacking in empathy, almost sociopathic. And the enjoyment he derived from making Estelle's life miserable scared and angered me at the same time. How could any decent human being gloss over that is beyond me.

Yep, Ben 12 had malicious intent in a lot of his interactions with housemates he didn't particularly connect with and left his worst venom for the most ostracized housemate.

I thought that was cowardly and lacking in empathy, almost sociopathic. And the enjoyment he derived from making Estelle's life miserable scared and angered me at the same time. How could any decent human being gloss over that is beyond me.

1000% agree with this. Even just remembering what he did makes me incredibly angry, yes it is so last year, but I'd never been as disturbed and disgusted by a winner until Ben was crowned. I need a change of subject, pronto!

Damn it. I agree with you. Good post.

You're being scornful. You're also heavily antagonizing him. A person can dislike, and bitch about, another (who didn't in BB history?). Just because he did it, he's a monster? The other housemates, besides Ava, were also not big fans of Estelle. He also talked shit about other housemates. It wasn't just Estelle.

You're overreacting. Let's not forget that, like Tim, he had a comedic side to him. So let's not take him too seriously.

Would it be fair to say that sociopaths are perfect BB contestants due to their lack of sincere empathy etc? A normal, everyday person would not be able to function on this level for a week, let alone 3 months.

One very obvious similarity between Ben12 and Tim13 is that they both came on the show with dodgy employment records. Older males with no real career as such. Two men, both close to 30, class clowns, still floundering for direction but full of dreams about how they want to be successful in a hurry. Interesting.

Would it be fair to say that sociopaths are perfect BB contestants due to their lack of sincere empathy etc? A normal, everyday person would not be able to function on this level for a week, let alone 3 months.

One very obvious similarity between Ben12 and Tim13 is that they both came on the show with dodgy employment records. Older males with no real career as such. Two men, both close to 30, class clowns, still floundering for direction but full of dreams about how they want to be successful in a hurry. Interesting.
Definitely something to ponder :)

That is interesting, Jamie although younger was also the same.

I didn't like Ben at all, I found him funny at times, but his humour was a little different to Tim's. Tim entertained me. I didn't see Ben getting up to all the things Tim did. I didn't hate Ben, he just didn't make the season for me. To me Tim still came across as loveable and Ben didn't. Just my opinion though, but I do get where you're coming from because many people have compared the two, I just see it a little differently.

I didn't like Ben at all, I found him funny at times, but his humour was a little different to Tim's. Tim entertained me. I didn't see Ben getting up to all the things Tim did. I didn't hate Ben, he just didn't make the season for me. To me Tim still came across as loveable and Ben didn't. Just my opinion though, but I do get where you're coming from because many people have compared the two, I just see it a little differently.
I think Tim's humor is more childish and lighthearted. People can take him as naive (though people can take offense to it). While Ben is straightforward and blunt with his humour. Ben is more serious and mature, Tim isn't, and that's why the housemates had fights with him. Tim acts like a 10 year old girl, Ben acts like a 30 year old woman. Lol...that was the difference between them from the way I see it.

All in all, for me, Ben '13 beats both Tim and Ben 12. But yet, even Ben '13 has haters (reaching Ben '12).

So, people hate the overly kind and the overly mean, huh? Baffles me either way...

I think Tim's humor is more childish and lighthearted. People can take him as naive (though people can take offense to it). While Ben is straightforward and blunt with his humour. Ben is more serious and mature, Tim isn't, and that's why the housemates had fights with him. Tim acts like a 10 year old girl, Ben acts like a 30 year old woman. Lol...that was the difference between them from the way I see it.

All in all, for me, Ben '13 beats both Tim and Ben 12. But yet, even Ben '13 has haters (reaching Ben '12).

So, people hate the overly kind and the overly mean, huh? Baffles me either way...

I actually agree with you, but loved Tim's childish, lighthearted behaviour, alot of my friends didn't, they all went for Tahan because they thought she was gorgeous. I did like Ben 13', I obviously wanted Tim to win, so I hated that Ben was the pick to do it, but when he was voted out so early I was upset, also because I thought it was Ed's turn to go. But I would have loved to have seen Ben in the top 3. Poor guy didn't even do anything wrong, was just an underestimation of saves. I'm glad the network gave him little jobs to do, he's so good in the media.

What's with all the Bens and Tims on this show... ???!!

Back