Skip to main content

Episode Day 101 (6/11/13): Grand Final (155m) discussion

I actually feel like I've been enlightened reading these comments between Trala, CaspersMum and Sergie.

I actually see valid points from both sides of the argument. I actually never saw it from Trala' point of view before, but I agree that our identity is hidden and whilst we are not promoting ourselves on a show, we are promoting our opinions on a board to everyone else and therefore will be judged via that too.

In saying that though, free speech is unlimited and I may or may not take the advice on board :p

They aren't "fair game" though. Fair game would have you standing behind the words you say by using your real name. That is fair. If you are going to make up a nickname, and say things you would not dare say if it was your actual name under your posts, that does not make the game fair.

I am not for a minute saying you do that, but people in here say horrible things, that they would never dare say if they were in any way accountable.

To me that is weak as piss, particularly when you cry in outrage when someone says something completely out of line and inappropriate to you.

The housemates are people, real people, they have family, friends and colleagues who can be impacted by words that are sprayed all over this forum. I was just reading some dumbarse this morning calling Tahan a piece of shit, how do you think her little sister would feel if she googled her sisters name and was linked to this site? I am simply saying, if people in here can spray such vitriol at the housemate, don't piss and moan when your turn comes. The thing with free speech, you and I don't get to decide what should be censored or off limits. Fuckheads get a say too.
Yeah but that's what a forum is, Tra. It's people openly discussing, criticising and occassionally flaming the subject of the forum.

And yes I do see your point. If you (not you you, just a general you) are an incendiary, vitriolic (boy that word of the day calendar is coming in handy!!) poster, then you should expect a serve in return.

But be assured that if Tahan's sister googles her name, she will also come across thousands of posts saying how gorgeous and wonderful and sexy her sister is as well. And that's just from Mikidiki. ;)

Cheap Ch9 probably skipped the Tim interview, so they can feature him on the crap ACA every night for the next fortnight. We will probably be inundated with Ben 2013 too. I was glad I recorded the finale and was able to skip through all the ads and that 2014 programme promo. The only thing I learned from a few seconds of that, was to avoid it.

Thanks to all who contributed to the forum entertainment, it was better than the show itself. I've just finished reading the 85th page of day 101. Tim was a worthy winner and the runners up were gracious in defeat. I thought it was quite telling, that Ed didn't appear on stage with Jade, I think he would have been a lot closer if she had won. I see a very short fling ( 1 night) between them, then Ed will decide that a long term relationship wont work for them. Back in 2014 if I live that long :).

Forgot to say earlier that I am EXTREMELY disappointed that we didn't get one final Mr Clooney montage - he really was more entertaining than the majority of the housemates :(

Forgot to say earlier that I am EXTREMELY disappointed that we didn't get one final Mr Clooney montage - he really was more entertaining than the majority of the housemates :(
Truer words were never typed! Hahahaha!!!

Seriously though would have loved it!! And also would have really liked an interview with Tim FFS!

Healthy discussion and debate is always a good thing, baby.

I find it is usually through these back and forth chats I learn the most.

Don't get me wrong I love a good discussion so long as its back and forth not round and round.

For me I don't see a difference between talking smack about a HMs family member and talking smack about a posters family regardless of whether they post under a pseudonym. Sure anonymity makes us more likely to cross the line but that doesn't mean those on the receiving end shouldn't feel as if they can't be offended or hurt just because it's coming from an anonymous source.

:confused:
Is it justy me or does $5000 and $10000 seem like an insult to the runner ups?

Oh and a second hand TV?

Thank you. That is exactly what I said. My husband said she should just put it on eBay and have BB ship it to whoever buys it. Friggin KFC should have saint it with cash.

Last edited:
For those who missed it, someone has posted the video of this years news reel:

[video=youtube;sWhS5gvFVhw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWhS5gvFVhw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Looks like he recorded this tonight, as he wore the same tie during tonight's 6pm bulletin and in this video.

As someone who lives in the U.S., is this really how you guys saw the shutdown? It really was not that big of a deal. All government workers wound up getting a paid stay at home vacation.

As someone who lives in the U.S., is this really how you guys saw the shutdown? It really was not that big of a deal. All government workers wound up getting a paid stay at home vacation.

Did they get back pay?

And I have to disagree it was a big deal.

Yeah but that's what a forum is, Tra. It's people openly discussing, criticising and occassionally flaming the subject of the forum.

Exactly!

That is my point exactly.

Don't become hysterical when discussions turn toxic and the low blows become personalised.

As I said earlier, for you to say that low blows to housemates is acceptable because they are famewhores and signed up for it, and yet giving a low blow to an anonymous forum poster who is a postwhore and signed up for it, is taking it too far, that is where I disagree.

Both are fair game in my opinion.

You have been deeply hurt by words in this forum, as I have been deeply hurt by words in this forum, that is not an outrageous or reportable offence, that helps build our character. Words hurt us all some times, I like to take the well thought out, well written constructive criticisms that I have often received in here, and reflect and learn from them. But the "DIE **** DIE YOU ARE NOW ON MY BLOCK LIST" responses I so often get just make me giggle!

Don't get me wrong I love a good discussion so long as its back and forth not round and round.

For me I don't see a difference between talking smack about a HMs family member and talking smack about a posters family regardless of whether they post under a pseudonym. Sure anonymity makes us more likely to cross the line but that doesn't mean those on the receiving end shouldn't feel as if they can't be offended or hurt just because it's coming from an anonymous source.

Completely agree.

And don't worry, Caspersmum and I are almost ready to fingerbang and make up.

Ha!

It was massive news here. Got a lot of media attention.

Exactly!

That is my point exactly.

Don't become hysterical when discussions turn toxic and the low blows become personalised.

As I said earlier, for you to say that low blows to housemates is acceptable because they are famewhores and signed up for it, and yet giving a low blow to an anonymous forum poster who is a postwhore and signed up for it, is taking it too far, that is where I disagree.

Both are fair game in my opinion.

You have been deeply hurt by words in this forum, as I have been deeply hurt by words in this forum, that is not an outrageous or reportable offence, that helps build our character. Words hurt us all some times, I like to take the well thought out, well written constructive criticisms that I have often received in here, and reflect and learn from them. But the "DIE **** DIE YOU ARE NOW ON MY BLOCK LIST" responses I so often get just make me giggle!
I think I've reported a post once and it was years ago.
Then again I don't send PMs either, though there's been some cute posters on here of late that tempt me.

Completely agree.

And don't worry, Caspersmum and I are almost ready to fingerbang and make up.

Ha!
I didn't know we were fighting or I'd have thrown in a few "****s" and "die in a fire!"'s. I hate being so non-confrontational!!!

Back