Skip to main content

Who Is Mike Goldman

Can anyone please tell me who this Man is , I find him so RUDE and very amateurish .Does he get paid to be Rude to The Family And Friends. I am sure their are lots of better people to do his part if we need it at all.:mad:

He is a part of the furniture - we work on a 'seniority system' - it's his job for as long as he wants it. And why wouldn't he wanna keep it, his only other source of income are sporadic ads for runners and trampolines. Aussie battler, give him a chance :)

I think anyone who used to watch the old late night show will harbour a soft spot for him. but for youngsters just coming in, I can understand why they would think he adds nothing. 9 are not utliizing his talents.

He was dreadful with Tahan's mum tonight, though.

I've never found him funny.
When him and Michael hosted the games show.. It was dull as hell.. No wonder the commentary was canned.

I thought he was very odd with Tahan's mum, but I did wonder if he stopped her because she seemed to be about to talk about a family tragedy. There'd be 2 good reasons not to let her do that 1, the show is always upbeat and she could have ruined the atmosphere and made it awkward for him to continue with his interviews and 2, because it might have given Tahan a sympathy boost which wouldn't be very fair. The way he wrapped it up seemed like he was acknowledging that there had been something upsetting for the family.

I thought he was very odd with Tahan's mum, but I did wonder if he stopped her because she seemed to be about to talk about a family tragedy. There'd be 2 good reasons not to let her do that 1, the show is always upbeat and she could have ruined the atmosphere and made it awkward for him to continue with his interviews and 2, because it might have given Tahan a sympathy boost which wouldn't be very fair. The way he wrapped it up seemed like he was acknowledging that there had been something upsetting for the family.
Spot on, I thought he handled that well, so well, that Tahan's mum instead of appearing flabbergasted seemed content with how it went down.
[MENTION=33815]Meow[/MENTION] I thought they canned it because they were touching knees under the desk AND because of those awful, stern suits and ties... they looked like politicians and it's supposed to be a gameshow :confused:

Can anyone please tell me who this Man is , I find him so RUDE and very amateurish .Does he get paid to be Rude to The Family And Friends. I am sure their are lots of better people to do his part if we need it at all.:mad:

I'm not sure anyone has actually understood and answers your question, being an overseas viewer.

Mike Goldman is a fairly prominent voice over artist in Australia. He has been working in television for many years although pre-BB most of Australia would have recognised his voice but not his face.

He has been 'narrating' the Big Brother daily shows since the very first episode and works as the live crowd warm up guy. Over the years his role expanded to host of the Up Late show and then host of Friday Night Games (which spawned its own spin off non- BB show which he also hosted, along with a couple of ex-housemates). In 2008 he even hosted a live eviction when the host (Kyle Sandilands) was ill.

So yes he is part of the Aus BB furniture. He can be a good live host (as seen on Up Late) but I am sure, like Sonia, in the current format he is very scripted and constrained.

He's been the BB narrator (not the voice of big brother, but the narrator) since the first series in 2001. He's also been the host of a few bb spinoff shows over the years.

He's been the BB narrator (not the voice of big brother, but the narrator) since the first series in 2001. He's also been the host of a few bb spinoff shows over the years.

yepperz, since the bb baby was just a glimmer in BB's eye.
that being said, he seems to have a little tv announcer adhd. I think he performs better when there's someone he's comfortable bouncing off of in a jovial way. the fun banter stuff is his forte!~
was a little put off by his few seconds with tahan's mom. she seemed a tad distraught and he came across as an insincere ass.

he's not going anywhere, but after his day of bad humor/publicity, wondering if he didn't pull his horoscope and say "why didn't someone tell me to call in sick" and then he had a few beers and went to bed!

Mike is great, and he's very quick on his feet. He told everyone on twitter that he wrapped things up with Tahan's mum because she was clearly getting upset.

You have to understand Mike has a sarcastic type of humour, not everyone gets that. Don't take him so literally.

Also, not sure what Tahan's family tragedy is/was but perhaps he stopped her because it could have given Tahan and advantage if people feel sorry for her.

Fantastic reasons

Oh forgot to say, as well as the bb narrator he's also the audience warm up guy. So if you go to any of the bb events that have an audience he'll be there telling the crowd what they can and can't do basically.

Oh Have I got a Mike Goldman Story For you!!!

So I used to work at Sanity Music (big australian CD/DVD shop), and our Big Pre-Christmas conference function in sydney was hosted by Mike one time. As a huge BB fan, obviously I lost my shit and i was very very excited to have him in the room with us.
After the hosting kind of bit of the night was over, he was free to mingle and have a few drinks with us.

So i've struck up a conversation about BB, and because id had a few drinks i was being pretty flirty. and it became quite clear quite quickly that he was ONLY talking to me to get in my pants. (i had a boyfriend, and made that pretty clear) But he was pretty keen! trying to convince me it'd be ok to cheat on my BF because he was famous!
He went from being really friendly and happy to talk about his work, to being a total sleeze in about an hour.

Later in the night when it was obvious he wasnt going to get Any from me he started just asking which of the girls there were single. And eventually got kicked out of the Bar we were in for harassing all the pretty girls!

Looking back on it, it's a pretty funny story. and I'm still a big fan of his, but now that i know what he's like with a few drinks in him. I feel like i know the True Mike ;)

Main thing new comers need to know though, is he has a cult following due the Uplate.

And Uplate at first was just Mike and hours of live streaming, it was awesome for everyone with shitty computers/internet.

We got a huge chunk of free streaming, and the used to keep them up doing tasks, or just wake them up for fun.

His cult rep, comes partly from being hilarious when we were watching them sleep.

He was truly at his best in those early years when it was really basic. Then they started 'producing' Uplate and it turned to shit, but we had better tech by then:)

He can keep the voice over work, where it's just read the script with clean enunciation, good pacing and those nice pipes.

but please stop putting him in live/host situations. he doesn't have the mind, charisma or wit for it. In fact, he consistently comes across as a complete arse.

Back