Skip to main content

X Factor 2015

bleachy_dude

Awesome site donor
So over the last few weeks I have been to the taping of an Audition episode and the taping of a boot camp episode for the 2015 season.

I'm really enjoying the dynamics of the judging panel. It's great to have Guy back, Chris Isaak brings a sensible but knowledgable opinion and although I've never really been a fan of his music (other than Bonfire Heart) -- James Blunt is a great judge. He is also very warm to the audience in the breaks.

Interesting tidbits: the you tuber with purple hair (DamieLou) who auditioned for the voice and didn't get through, though she was a massive Jessie J fan and Jessie J got up and sang a bit with her.. She was on X Factor but was booted out in boot camp.

They have a new thing in the boot camp which is a bit brutal. It's called the '5 seat' challenge. The taping I went to was for Danni's group which is the under 25 girls. There are 5 seats on stage. Each girl comes up and sings and the judge decides whether that person is in their 'top 5' to go through to home visits and the top 5 get to take a seat. However eventually all 5 seats fill before all girls have sung. After that, they can be swapped out if someone sings better than them.

I'm looking forward to X Factor starting, I prefer the format to the Voice.

That's cool that you were there bleachy.
I didn't like the youtube girl on The Voice, sounds like she's a serial auditonee.
The 5 chair thing sounds brutal. They had a similar thing on Idol this year (I think, all these shows blur into one) where someone's place in the safe seats could be stolen if someone better came along, it's pretty harsh.

The 4/5/6 Seat Challenge has been introduced to the format in various countries over the last couple of years. It started in Germany I think and was used in the 2013 US series and 2013/14 UK series, though we made a bit of a mess of it last year with the judges changing their minds and kicking people out of seats then bringing them back, which undermined it a bit. Does make great viewing though if done properly - certainly the best Boot Camp format the show has had IMO, although with the UK version being revamped this year I suspect it'll be dropped here as Cowell has a habit of messing with the wrong bits.

The 4/5/6 Seat Challenge has been introduced to the format in various countries over the last couple of years. It started in Germany I think and was used in the 2013 US series and 2013/14 UK series, though we made a bit of a mess of it last year with the judges changing their minds and kicking people out of seats then bringing them back, which undermined it a bit. Does make great viewing though if done properly - certainly the best Boot Camp format the show has had IMO, although with the UK version being revamped this year I suspect it'll be dropped here as Cowell has a habit of messing with the wrong bits.
Oh cool. I haven't watched any international version of X Factor. I'm keen to see how it plays out with the other three judges. I was only in the audience for Danni's team

Reigan Derry just performed "Feels Like Heaven" on Sunrise, maybe that will push it into the charts. Nice song, and she's certainly talented.

This seems to be starting late this year - usually you're just about at the live shows as our version begins in the UK at the end of August but we're 2-3 weeks ahead of you this year (with another "all new" relaunch that feels "same old" - the newbies have kind of slipped in too seemlessly to make an impact!).

From tidbits I've seen in the press here your Judges Houses this year were:
All filmed in London, with Simon Cowell involved in some capacity.

First episode is on their Facebook for a limited time.

I like X Factor so much more than the Voice.

Second act in first episode is a bunch of kids from the Voice kids.

I'm watching, I love Roshani (spelling?). Love what Chris Isaak was saying as well. I think Guy and Danni are too ingrained in their pop singer mentality to appreciate a completely lovely, different sound.

Aw it's the little Beckham-like hottie from The Voice kids.

(Yes I realise I'm talking to myself, no need to point this out).

Ah that's where I've seen that kid before, who looks like one of the Beckham kids.

I enjoyed the show, but they spend too long on each contestant, it's a bit drawn out.
The sob stories are already tedious,
Yes it's great that you survived a shark attack, but it has no bearing on whether you're a great singer or not. And if she hasn't sung since the attack 4 years ago, how did she learn the London Grammar song?
Same with the girl who has never sung in public or auditioned for anything. Apart from the audition she mentioned a few seconds later. And the hundreds of gigs she's done.

Roshani was on Australian Idol I think? I've seen her somewhere before. So there may already be a Guy connection.

I think In Stereo have a che ace to go far. Talented kids. I think two of them were on the voice kids.

Roshani was on idol 2008. She has tried and failed. I don't think she will go far.

Boys category was really disappointing I thought. People are so easily pleased. Panda is a nice guy, we get it, but we're supposed to be looking for a star, his singing was so ordinary.

Boys category was really disappointing I thought. People are so easily pleased. Panda is a nice guy, we get it, but we're supposed to be looking for a star, his singing was so ordinary.

Argh I agree! Lots of "ok" singers and that's mostly it. I liked that guy with the long curly hair, but maybe it's just because Dreams is a great song.

Guy is my favourite judge, he brings charm and warmth as well as realism. I liked the way he made it clear that if the talent wasn't there then he wouldn't fill his 5 chairs with anyone who wasn't up to standard. In doing so he ended up with a great team.

Disappointed that Mama Jools was swapped out, I actually would have lost the backing singer.

Back