Skip to main content

What would Reepbot say (4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old Queen Vickie was an addict too, off her tree the old cow should have been happier, so mean to her own kids....Doctor Who is calling me, see you later:)

i have not read 'swallows and amazons'. but i did get alice in wonderland from the bookstore the other week.

i have not read 'swallows and amazons'. but i did get alice in wonderland from the bookstore the other week.
To quote Molly, 'do yourself a favour' and read the annotated one. Essentially you get three stories. Alice, Looking Glass and the annotations. I'm thinking of rereading my copy.

i got a book about Princess Diana. i've been reading a lot about her. quite an interesting person in the context of the latter twentieth century.

Reactions: kxk
Toastmasters was good

why was it good?

i don't know, it just was.

but what do you mean by good? do you have certain criteria for Toastmaster's meeting that indicates if i is a good meeting or not? if like only half the meeting was good would you still say the entire evening was good?

i don't know.

i saw the post. Hanks was miscast, but Streep did well. It was kind of like a prequel to All The President's Men.

Doesnt open here for another month and a half. I do want to see it though.

And Churchill. Finally some movies I actively want to see.

The Darkest Hour should be a good movie.

I want to see Phantom Thread. Seems like my kind of movie. Or not, but I think it might be.

Not here, it ain’t. Snow forecast again. Most of next week. 6 days out of seven. Temperature hovering between +/- 3 degrees C.

i got a book about Princess Diana. i've been reading a lot about her. quite an interesting person in the context of the latter twentieth century.

Hey @reepbot.......if you are interested, lots of Princess Di stuff on tonight, repeats but maybe like me you didn't see them all...

Diana: In Her Own Words

SBS HD, 8:30pm, Sun, 14 Jan 2018, 130 minutes

REPEAT

Princess Diana lived her life in front of the cameras. Now, on the 20th anniversary of her untimely death in 1997, revisit her emotional journey from childhood through to her rocky marriage to Prince Charles and subsequent emergence as the popular "People's Princess." From Peabody award-winning producer Tom Jennings, this touching tribute relies solely on archival footage and recordings to explore her profound impact on the world and on the future of Britain's monarchy.
2017, United Kingdom, English, Documentary, Biography, Historical

This follows after, same station....

Diana Vs Elizabeth

SBS, 10:40pm, Sun, 14 Jan 2018, 60 minutes

REPEAT

England, July 29th 1981. Prince Charles marries the young Lady Diana Spencer. Very rapidly, the fairy-tale turns into a bitter duel between two women, the Queen and the Princess. A confrontation of two worlds - one traditional and secular; the other resolutely contemporary. This historical, political and tragically human face-to-face would radically change the image of the monarchy and its relations with the British public.
2015, France, English, Documentary, Biography, Historical

This clashes and is less interesting
Diana: Seven Days That Shook The World

'Series 1: Episode 2'

ABC, 10:10pm, Sun, 14 Jan 2018, 45 minutes

REPEAT

In the days before Diana's funeral, the Royal family faced an unprecedented crisis. Through news footage & insights from those behind the scenes we reveal how the Queen, Princes & the UK public reacted.
Series, United Kingdom, English, Documentary

..........................................................................................................

I am in love with my new TV:)
Treated myself, got a bargain Smart TV, medium BIG, for my bedroom.......oh it is so lush, a giant computer.....I plan on getting lots of wi fi accessories...... some great bargains in the sales, my TV was half price

and it is interesting that depending on which book i was reading Princess Diana was portrayed as two different people. Either as an innocent young woman cruelly used up and spat out by 'the firm' or a manipulative lady who used the power of royalty to try and control her level of fame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back