Skip to main content

What TWIST???

By definition, a "twist" is something that you do not expect, something you didn't predict, something that you didn't see coming. So a "divided house" as such is not so much a twist, because we have seen that kind of thing before. But, on the other hand, if you did not expect this season to have a divided house, or a sham marriage, or a crazy sister act, then yes, it can be considered to be a twist.

They advertised a "never ever seen before" twist. To me, they haven't done that. There really hasn't been a "never ever seen before" twist at all. We're are just getting the usual kind of stuff that BB is known for. And, therefore, divided house or not, sham marriage or not, sisters or not ... these things are just normal BB kinds of things. Ergo, they are not really "twists" at all. Let alone a "never ever seen before" twist.

If you really want to do a "never ever seen before" twist ... then you need to do something drastic; something that has not ever been done before in BB. For example, you divide the house completely in two ... with walls. And then you put two separate groups of housemates in. 18 housemates, nine on one side of the wall, and nine on the other side of the wall. Both groups know of the existence of the other group and can guess and theorise all they like about what will happen and why. But, all their theories are for nothing. The two groups NEVER get together at all until the LAST FINAL TWO housemates remain in the final week. In the final week, you pull the wall down, and the final two housemates meet for the first time. The public vote for the final winner. Job and show done. Now THAT would be a "never ever seen before" twist.

Last edited:
THIS IS MY POINT

its not new to use because we know about all the other BB going ons around the world!

the Australian general public have no bloody idea, so this IS a huge drastic twist!
[MENTION=34724]machete[/MENTION] 2005 mate, forgot my password and changed ISPs (bbba required a paid for email account back then)

THIS IS MY POINT

its not new to use because we know about all the other BB going ons around the world!

the Australian general public have no bloody idea, so this IS a huge drastic twist!
[MENTION=34724]machete[/MENTION] 2005 mate, forgot my password and changed ISPs (bbba required a paid for email account back then)

Once again, spend 2 minutes scrolling through the comments on the facebook page and you will see people mentioning previous Australian BB series with similar twists - I for one don't know about the goings ons of BB around the world. Never watched ONE episode of any other BB apart from here in Australia!

Once again, spend 2 minutes scrolling through the comments on the facebook page and you will see people mentioning previous Australian BB series with similar twists - I for one don't know about the goings ons of BB around the world. Never watched ONE episode of any other BB apart from here in Australia!

theyre not the same though. sure theyre similar (i assume youre referring to the round/square house(s)) this one has a completely different aim. in that case the housemates were all equals, no mental torture going on there, they were just separated, couldnt see each other, only hear each other by screaming over the walls. this year is so much different, it causes torments and teases HWHM to the point of them breaking down (tully) they can see the beautiful luxury, but theyre stuck on half a bed, uncomfotable chairs, all the chores and animalistically put beneath the others by only being able to eat after them. it changes the game, not only will HMs not want to be nominated so they dont go home, but so they dont have to go to the HWH! its no longer "oh well, i just get to go home to my comfy home and family", its "oh shit i dont wanna be stuck on that side, its hell!" its early wake up calls, dirty laundry, nothing built for comfort, and all the wonderful luxuries of the BB house just a little more than arms reach away. its psychological torture at its purest.

so its similar sure, theres a wall separating HMs, but not even close to the same.

I'd like to point out similarities between the "Twist" of Big Brother 2013 and Celebrity BB UK the last one.

1. Both houses were divided (Lux n Low)
2. There was a couple (The Hills)

The only differences are:

1. Celeb UK it was up to Frankie and Rylan to decide who would go up and who would go down out of two housemates who would front the stage at the same time whilst BB AU was pretty much luck out of picking keys and trying locks

2. The Couple were real (The Hills couple) in UK whilst this one was a sham here in Australia.

By definition, a "twist" is something that you do not expect, something you didn't predict, something that you didn't see coming. So a "divided house" as such is not so much a twist, because we have seen that kind of thing before. But, on the other hand, if you did not expect this season to have a divided house, or a sham marriage, or a crazy sister act, then yes, it can be considered to be a twist.

They advertised a "never ever seen before" twist. To me, they haven't done that. There really hasn't been a "never ever seen before" twist at all. We're are just getting the usual kind of stuff that BB is known for. And, therefore, divided house or not, sham marriage or not, sisters or not ... these things are just normal BB kinds of things. Ergo, they are not really "twists" at all. Let alone a "never ever seen before" twist.

If you really want to do a "never ever seen before" twist ... then you need to do something drastic; something that has not ever been done before in BB. For example, you divide the house completely in two ... with walls. And then you put two separate groups of housemates in. 18 housemates, nine on one side of the wall, and nine on the other side of the wall. Both groups know of the existence of the other group and can guess and theorise all they like about what will happen and why. But, all their theories are for nothing. The two groups NEVER get together at all until the LAST FINAL TWO housemates remain in the final week. In the final week, you pull the wall down, and the final two housemates meet for the first time. The public vote for the final winner. Job and show done. Now THAT would be a "never ever seen before" twist.

That's far more similar to what you did in BB3 though (apart from lasting longer) than the twist this season - which apart from a forgotten weekly task has never been done before. Also as far as I'm aware I don't think the divide has been linked to the nominations in any country around the world as much as it is here.

At first I thought this twist was LAME! Seen it before... Yeah yeah! etc.

But now, I think... "oooohhhh..... if you're nominated you have to spend your time in the half-way house... and we get to see you at your worst. Hmmmm... I like that!"

It's an added stress to the HMs to make things interesting. But personally, I prefer everyone in together so they can talk about stuff other than BB and the rules. This twist means we just see HM talking about their BB situation which isn't very natural.

Anyway, that's my two bob's worth.

I agree. They weren't twisty and rather annoying.

Housemates being parted in the house is so un-big brother; a place where people can get close to each other and know each other.

Now the same person can get nommed more just because they wouldn't be able to get to know those in the other half.

Every bit of the twist has been done else where..they have gone so far to even rip of big brother 7 UK diary room ..goodness keep expecting Tully to pull a Nikki Grahame fit in that gold chair.. but despite it all having been done elsewhere I still find it enjoyable because it is new to them and their reactions are all their own...

I agree. They weren't twisty and rather annoying.

Housemates being parted in the house is so un-big brother; a place where people can get close to each other and know each other.

Now the same person can get nommed more just because they wouldn't be able to get to know those in the other half.

Totally concur! The halfway house is sooooooo boring!

I want to see housemates get to know each other and I want to get to know them too, not just see miserable faces peering through a hole in the wall where all they can do is sit on their arses all day long - yeah, really riveting TV Big Brother - NOT.

They need to be let loose amongst each other to inflict the maximum amount of pain and/or love to each other. Having a divided house severely limits the interactions of the housemates and this for me is beyond ennui. YAWN.

The better start wheeling out this TWIST soon, because Tully is gone now, and the care factor is falling away.

The better start wheeling out this TWIST soon, because Tully is gone now, and the care factor is falling away.

aw, diddums. if you close your eyes, you can still see her. tully will always be there. you just have to close your eyes and remember.

Does anyone else feel this whole twist thing has been a massive fail? Split House Oooooo Never seen that in BB history, Two siblings as one housemate Ooooooo Shock! and a fake marriage wow - IS THIS IT?? Are these the BIG reason's we had to watch the build up ad's for weeks boasting that this is BB history and we would never guess the "Twist"??

You forgot that wonderful fake Ben eviction - wasn't that thrilling:) I kind of like the divided house 'idea", but without the barriers - maybe competing for the better half. I agree there's not been enough "hardship" in there - on a bad day they have to eat pasta with no alcohol (whoop-de-doo) & still get to lounge around & suntan for most of the day - its like a spa holiday (or a VERY luxurious prison:cool:)

Back