Skip to main content

What music or songs are you listening to?

I've dragged out all my old Aussie classics this week. I was going to post a Youtube of Sweetheart by Died Pretty, but the sound was really bad. I've been listening to their album Doughboy Hollow, one of my favourite albums. Every song is brilliant.

Anyway, this one is a sentimental favourite of mine because I've lived in both St Kilda and Kings Cross, and I've done this bus trip so many times. And I agree with Paul, St Kilda wins. This is a gorgeous video. Paul was such a strapping young man! :)

[youtubevid]l1pAD2RnlMQ[/youtubevid]

Last edited by a moderator:
Powderfinger by Neil Young. Such a good song. The band Powderfinger named themselves after it apparently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I'm listening to Poe's album 'Haunted'. It's been around for years but I really like it. She made it when a few years after her fathers death she found a box of cassettes of her fathers voice - letters he'd dictated, and a few lectures he had given as a teacher etc - and she's sampled them into the songs in this album. It's really interesting and powerful in places.

foo fighters new album
radiohead in rainbows
and
new sigur ros

Dope Boy Fresh - Three 6 Mafia

[youtubevid]fYvPIn56uLQ[/youtubevid]

The vid pays homage to the movie "Being John Malkovich"

I'm So Fly - Lloyd Banks

[youtubevid]zsqnBKr_Nmo[/youtubevid]

Paying homage to the movie "Enemy Of The State" (1998)

Da Rockwilder - Method Man & Redman

[youtubevid]ioEpvPc1rQ0[/youtubevid]

^^ The beat is off da hook. :cool:

Can't get enough of the Arctic Monkeys, am wearing their CD's out, but the song I keep getting stuck in my head is My Chemical Romance's " Teenagers Scare the Living Shit Outta Me"

Back