Skip to main content

US 2016 Presidential Election

Trump looking more and more presidential as the campaign rolls on... :rolleyes:

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work...ll-numbers-surge/story-fn5tas5k-1227499947295

I honestly can't believe this. But republican voters tend to be a bit, um, crazy so it shouldn't be a huge shock. I guess a big advantage is that he's so bloody rich he'll never be bribed or swayed financially like other presidents have. Still, that hardly seems like the best reason to choose the leader of the free world!

I honestly can't believe this. But republican voters tend to be a bit, um, crazy so it shouldn't be a huge shock. I guess a big advantage is that he's so bloody rich he'll never be bribed or swayed financially like other presidents have. Still, that hardly seems like the best reason to choose the leader of the free world!

I had a few conversations with Americans with regards to Trump when I was in the US - they said they felt embarrassed then I told them about Clive Palmer.....

I had a few conversations with Americans with regards to Trump when I was in the US - they said they felt embarrassed then I told them about Clive Palmer.....

Haha yes! Actually a great comparison. And far out imagine him as our PM and representative on a world stage, Abbutt is embarrassing enough and he seems like a normal enough guy.

Hahaha!

I do like Hilary but I think she may have missed her chance.
I would have preferred her to Obama.[DOUBLEPOST=1440632727][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey! I take offense to this! No way do I support him.

Entertaining. He's not a serious contender (I hope not), but it is fun to listen to him spout off. Some of his targets have it coming.
He's a vile racist piece of shit among many other things but that's the main one. Personally I find nothing that comes out of this pond scum's mouth amusing in the slightest.

Hilary is at least a decent human being (albeit flawed) something that has eluded trump for most, if not all, of his life.

To be perfectly honest the Republican party appeals to closet and blatant racists, it's no wonder trump is doing so well. I can't fathom any self-respecting Latino would ever vote for that filth. They've essentially destroyed their own party by humouring trump's unbridled bigotry.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I would have preferred her to Obama.[DOUBLEPOST=1440632727][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey! I take offense to this! No way do I support him.

Oh, sorry. I'm just going 100% off stereotypes, admittedly from the liberal media. I know one republican who is a total nutter and he looooves Trump lol.

He's a vile racist piece of shit among many other things but that's the main one. Personally I find nothing that comes out of this pond scum's mouth amusing in the slightest.

Hilary is at least a decent human being (albeit flawed) something that has eluded trump for most, if not all, of his life.

To be perfectly honest the Republican party appeals to closet and blatant racists, it's no wonder trump is doing so well. I can't fathom any self-respecting Latino would ever vote for that filth. They've essentially destroyed their own party by humouring trump's unbridled bigotry.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
I'm Hispanic and I vote conservative.

I'm Hispanic and I vote conservative.

Why?

A large chunk of Republican supporters are rednecks who harbour strong xenophobic/racists/bigoted views. The same cannot be about Democrats, not that there wouldn't be bigots among Dems but no-where near the same extent.

The Republican party on the other hand feeds off that sort of racist-fueled rhetoric all the time, and they do it because they have a section of supporters (read: racists) who lap it up.

You only have to look at the right wing scumbags from Fox such as bill o'reilly who fan it incessantly in their programs and have carved a successful career out of it.

How did you feel when you heard a substantial number of Republican voters applaud the imbecile trump in his rallies spewing vitriolic hate against Latinos?

It made me sick to be honest and I don't even live there. This would not be tolerated for a second if we were blacks or gays spoken about in that way.

Why?

A large chunk of Republican supporters are rednecks who harbour strong xenophobic/racists/bigoted views. The same cannot be about Democrats, not that there wouldn't be bigots among Dems but no-where near the same extent.

The Republican party on the other hand feeds off that sort of racist-fueled rhetoric all the time, and they do it because they have a section of supporters (read: racists) who lap it up.

You only have to look at the right wing scumbags from Fox such as bill o'reilly who fan it incessantly in their programs and have carved a successful career out of it.

How did you feel when you heard a substantial number of Republican voters applaud the imbecile trump in his rallies spewing vitriolic hate against Latinos?

It made me sick to be honest and I don't even live there. This would not be tolerated for a second if we were blacks or gays spoken about in that way.
I respectfully disagree.

I respectfully disagree.

Well I hope you're right for your sake given your mystifying loyalty to party. I can't say that I relate since I'm a swinging voter and never had any feelings of loyalty to any political party.

From where I'm standing thousands of miles away it looks like the Republican party will be annihilated if trump is picked as the candidate to run for the presidency. And that is no joke as it is looking more likely that it can happen every day that passes, much to the disgust of most Latinos who were racially abused by this slimeball I'm sure.

Ok so it's 2020 not 2016 but I LOVE that Kanye is going run. Not so great for Anerica or in fact society in general but oh so many lols to come.

He'd have to start his own party as the Democrats and Republicans wouldn't be interested in him representing them. If he is indeed serious he'd only make a fool of himself though, it'd be a blow to his ego he'd be lucky to get 1% of the votes. So I'm guessing he's just talking shit for publicity's sake as usual

Hmmm...I'm pretty sure it's on next year and in 4 year intervals from that point forward.

i.e. 2008, 2012, 2016, 2020, etc...

You're right - I was confused why he was announcing it 5 years before hand. but why not, hey?

Back