Skip to main content

US 2016 Presidential Election

I'd laugh if some young Democrat upsets the Clinton apple-cart again like in 2008 with Obama and wins the Democratic presidential nominee.
I'd be shocked if she didn't get the nod this time. The Dems have had a black leader representing them for the past 8 years. Now it's the the turn of the other 'minority' to lead them. Hilary is seen as having done her time and she'll be duly rewarded for her patience.

Is that even allowed, a former President serving as VP? lol

...that's a good question really isn't it?... I always felt that even when Bill was the President that it was Hilary telling him what to do and what decisions to make about the World to be honest... it was like she had her hand up his back and was operating his mouth... but that may just be me... cheers.

...I've always thought that she is quite a sexy looking lady to be honest... very attractive indeed... there I've said it!... cheers

I'll keep an eye on the happenings but it's such a long process with primaries that I don't have the patience to keep too close an eye on it. Hopefully some of our resident yanks might pop in an update us on the major happenings.

Is there any front runner for the GOP at this stage? Or it still sort of split between Cruz/Bush?

Also who will Hillary pick for VP?

@Rose711 do you vote?

Bush is probably the closest to a front-runner, or at least he's the one getting the establishment vote. The question is who the conservative wing will rally behind, whether that's Santorum again, or Paul, or someone else. I can't see them going for a one-term senator like Cruz though, when they've just spent the last eight years criticising one and when their candidate will be up against a former secretary of state.

Bush is probably the closest to a front-runner, or at least he's the one getting the establishment vote. The question is who the conservative wing will rally behind, whether that's Santorum again, or Paul, or someone else. I can't see them going for a one-term senator like Cruz though, when they've just spent the last eight years criticising one and when their candidate will be up against a former secretary of state.

What about Scott Walker?

Oh I didn't think it was offensive but I guess maybe if they were from south of the mason-dixon? If I call them americans though I'm liable to get an angry PM from someone from one of the 30 odd other american countries. Maybe I should just follow the RAE and call them estadounidenses.

I just call them "US-ians"...

Cruz will never get the nomination. My money is on Bush or Scott Walker. Chris Christie lost all possibility of doing well when he hugged it out with Barry after hurricane sandy. Fiorina is interesting.

In re Hilary, she needs to be careful about her comments because oftentimes she comes across as being woefully out of touch. Moreover, she needs to become a little bit more accessible to the media so that she can tell us just what her accomplishments are as Secretary of State. Inquiring minds want to know. Above all, she needs to get herself a stylist because some of her outfits are god awful.

It's going to be a great campaign season because Barry is out.

At this point, it's anyone's race. Hilary is not doing too well. She has the personality of a slug.

Back