Skip to main content

The Weather Thread

ouchies! no one will be wearing mittens then. which i suppose they wouldn't because they would look rather silly wearing just mittens. people would turn to look at them in the street in a quizzical manner. dogs would stop barking at birds and start barking at the mitten people.

eventually a police officer would come up and say to the:

"excuse me sir/madam do you know it is against regulations to wear mittens without a scarf?"

and they would just stammer and shake as the police officer arrests them. then they get sent to jail for a decade in a teacup. with no sugar.

Melbourne has had a beautiful summer whilst the rest of Oz either drowned or burned:)

Debbie is HUGE, please change violent storm name to climate change deniers, then we can yell - fuck off Andrew Bolt:)

3EAF226F00000578-4354404-image-a-8_1490643489751.jpg

3EAF9E4400000578-0-image-a-6_1490643172851.jpg

3EAF9E7400000578-0-image-a-1_1490643134366.jpg

Melbourne has had a beautiful summer whilst the rest of Oz either drowned or burned:)

Debbie is HUGE, please change violent storm name to climate change deniers, then we can yell - fuck off Andrew Bolt:)

3EAF226F00000578-4354404-image-a-8_1490643489751.jpg

3EAF9E4400000578-0-image-a-6_1490643172851.jpg

3EAF9E7400000578-0-image-a-1_1490643134366.jpg
I'm so glad we don't have this sort of thing happening in Melbourne. Today for example is perfect for me as I don't like the heat and definitely not the humidity.

Been awesome weather here in the SW of OZ. Been Cool and not to hot not to cool. Been Blessed. Been given grief because of my real name and the press has been so hard us Debbies.

Debbie did Qld and probably will do NSW as well :(

Sad that so many people deny that Climate Change is happening. After the summer, we just had and Summer did not happen here this year - I do believe that the climate is changing, for whatever reason.

Never doubt the power of a Debbie .......... 'cause she does do it! ;)

We just copped the edge of the torrential rain here. No damage really and the rain was badly needed.
I have two sisters who live just south of tweed heads who were evacuated last night and they still don't have permission to go home and don't know if their homes flooded. They live in a caravan park right on the Tweed River and it has broken its banks in several places.

We just copped the edge of the torrential rain here. No damage really and the rain was badly needed.
I have two sisters who live just south of tweed heads who were evacuated last night and they still don't have permission to go home and don't know if their homes flooded. They live in a caravan park right on the Tweed River and it has broken its banks in several places.
Hope they are alright.

They're still in the evacuation for tonight. Now the town they fled to is cut off but they wouldn't be allowed home anyway. There have been conflicting reports about their caravan park. Some say water into the cabins and others not. I think the confusion comes because there are about 6 caravan parks within a couple of kilometres. Some inundated, some not. They will be incredibly lucky to have stayed dry as they are right on the river bank and some of the other parks are a block or so back.

Unbelievably my sister's homes are ok. One went home this morning (driving through flooded roads which doesn't impress me). Water completely surrounded them and every caravan park in the area wrecked - except theirs. And theirs is closest to the river!
My other sister is still in the evacuation centre and will make her way home when the roads are opened.

Unbelievably my sister's homes are ok. One went home this morning (driving through flooded roads which doesn't impress me). Water completely surrounded them and every caravan park in the area wrecked - except theirs. And theirs is closest to the river!
My other sister is still in the evacuation centre and will make her way home when the roads are opened.
Excellent news!

Back