Skip to main content

The Voice 2014

Jam

I don't like it
I couldn't resist and watched the first episode and now I'm a little bit in love with Will.i.am and will keep watching if only for him. He's so amusing, if a little stagey with his props. :)

The contestants seem much the same as previous years, but only Joel has survived of the original judges. It's such a relief that Seal has gone. Ricky is as gorgeous as last year but very, very quiet. Sadly, Kylie is even more irritating than Delta and I was really looking forward to her being fab.u.lous.

Anyone else watching? Thoughts?

I am surprised by how much I like Will I Am.

The judges performance disappointed me as I am convinced it was mimed.

Delta frustrated me greatly as a judge, but she really has an amazing voice and performs live brilliantly. Not sure Kylie can do that?!?!

I'm liking the banter and rapport between the judges this season.

Reactions: Jam
Yep, Will.i.am is very personable, as is Joel. I'm really disappointed with Kylie so far - she seems to be concentrating far too hard on being sex-ay which will get old very quickly. Personality in this show is what's needed, and if she doesn't have that, then she should demonstrate her ample expertise and experience.

I have only watched bits, more and more though as House Rules has started very slow and is boring so is MC.

And flipping I am seduced by Wil & Kylie.
I like Kylie talking to camera, I really don't know much about her, have never seen much of her talking. I'm enjoying her personality and I don't mind the bits I have seen judging, not lots tho.

Wil - have been a fan for YEARS, he is a brilliant producer - and well you know I live in a house of music.
But isn't he adoraable anyway?
Did you see him on Graeme Norton with Miriam Margolis (??spelling), hoot and a half - check it on youtube, it's a classic flirt fest.

Oh and he and his Black Eyed Peas guys have been doing great stuff with young undiscovered performers for years.

I've got a severely huge crush on Will. I always watched him on the Voice UK and never felt this way so I'm not sure wtf is happening now. Whatever it is it's making this must see tv for me and I'm thanking the heavens for live pause and rewind haha

I honestly forgot about Delta until they showed her pic briefly on the wall so I can't say I'm missing her too much. And the only time I thought of Seal was when the jazz guy was up there singing tonight. I think he would've worked well with him but overall, nah not missing him either.

Kylie... I guess not being from here I'm still so shocked at how much of an icon she is. I get it but it still surprises me when people are tripping out specifically because of her.

Definitely enjoying the judges more than the performances so far but still it's incredible the talent that's just sitting out there undiscovered in such a relatively small country. Loved hearing that Ricky took his whole team out on tour also! Makes for a nice change after reading an interview with Rachael Leahcar last week with her saying she hasn't heard from Delta in almost a year.

I think I'm the only but I miss Delta! Kylie is no substitute, she'd better at least sing live when the coach does the duet with their finalist, although that will be awkward since Kylie's voice won't compare to whoever that person is.

Ha! I totally agree @jessy_girl. Delta showed a bit more oomph than our Kylie has so far, and yes, Kylie's voice is a lot weaker than the contestants. I'll be interested to see her coach, though.

I love hearing what comes out of will.i.am's mouth. When he said to the girl he wanted her to sing him the menu, I honest to god was laughing and at the same time can see his creative and producer appeal.

Will.i.am is awful though when it comes to live TV - can't string a co-herent sentence together and too busy playing with his iPhone/iPad/iWatch.

Ha! I totally agree @jessy_girl. Delta showed a bit more oomph than our Kylie has so far, and yes, Kylie's voice is a lot weaker than the contestants. I'll be interested to see her coach, though.

Yes she could actually be a great coach, she has a lot of industry experience and has cracked the international industry including the notoriously difficult US scene. No onecould possibly deny Delta's talent but she really has only had 1 successful album and spent many years not being active in the industry - I remember less than 10 years into her career in 2009 when she was doing ads for proactiv, soy milk and shampoo, to name a few, not really the mark of a successful recording artist.

Kylie is not the most talented of the group but she has star power and probably has a lot more wisdom to pass on. One can hope anyway.

Look at them though, for actually the judges are shit singers- all the judges are weak in the singing department.
Joel - shit voice and he knows it.
Wil - mostly a rapper, shit voice and he knows it
Kylie -
Ricky - I guess has the strongest voice, but his voice has never impressed me much either.
None of them have any range, none have any pretty tones, all of them have charisma to burn and musical talent.
Delta had the best voice on the show, but she has sucky instincts and is very suburban/blah in every way.And the only judge we have had with zero international hits.
Funny isn't it, none of the judges judging voices have very good voices - therein lies their talent, they know how to work what they do have, how to work within their limitations.
Can't wait to see them coach.

Yep. I'll be interested to see how Kylie and Will go with their team. I hope Ricky comes out of his shell a bit more.

I think I'm the only but I miss Delta! Kylie is no substitute, she'd better at least sing live when the coach does the duet with their finalist, although that will be awkward since Kylie's voice won't compare to whoever that person is.

So many people disliked Delta, but I always loved her. She's just gorgeous and was very soft-spoken. I'm also liking Kylie though...she's like one of the boys haha

So many people disliked Delta, but I always loved her. She's just gorgeous and was very soft-spoken. I'm also liking Kylie though...she's like one of the boys haha

Yeah I liked her too, she is so gentle and pretty. She had some pretty irritating habits when listening to the singers, and she totally tried to upstage the blind girl in their duet (apologies if that's insensitive, I'm not going to recall the name of every reality TV contestant ever). I think Kylie will be good but we'll see.

I don't see the appeal of Will.i.am just yet, everyone keeps raving about him though. Kind of embarrassing but Joel was like my number 1 crush when I was around 14, so I think I still have a soft spot for him.

Not sure how I have ended up watching this, I'm not really into talent comps at all.

i watched the Voice UK last year, 2013, and loved the judges, they bounced off each other. they were Will.i.am, Jessie J, Sir Tom Jones, and dreamy Danny O'Donoghue (The Script) i miss them together, it's not the same. Will.i.am can charm anyone, he's a well shaken smoothie

I am really enjoying this season. Will.I.Am is entertaining, Joel is adorable, Kylie is less annoying than Delta, and Ricky is insightful.

However... I still miss Keith.

Yeah Keith brought a cool vibe. I haven't watched him on American Idol but I'm sure our loss is their gain.

He isn't as honest on American Idol, because they have Harry Connick Jnr as the 'mean judge'. I am a fan of them both, and enjoy the show, but they would be better on The Voice where they can mentor, rather than just watch and judge.

Back