Skip to main content

the random 'LIVE' thread...

I'm taking notes.....

sleep test, try to sleep in an arvo, hold a spoon, have a metal tray beneath, spoon falls when you fall asleep. 15mins=good, 10mins =bad;5mins and the quicker you fall asleep=sleep deprived
COFFEE just before a snooze/nap you wake up brighter & it won't stop you falling asleep as it hasn't hit your brain yet

FIBRE/CHICK PEAS LENTILS, will help your gut flora to sleep better ....yeah I love these

Oh wow, Ghan is hypnotic, if I could put something like that on at bedtime...it's so peaceful.....but I like the forward view, backwards makes me sick

OMG there is still an hour to go, and I love it....and want to do this trip

Have done the other biggie, lots, ie Melbourne to Perth....every way you can, train, bus, car, plane

OMG there is still an hour to go, and I love it....and want to do this trip

Have done the other biggie, lots, ie Melbourne to Perth....every way you can, train, bus, car, plane
I have done Melbourne-Adelaide and Melbourne-Sydney-Brisbane-Longreach by train before but not the Gahn yet. it is fascinating.

Reactions: kxk
I plan on watching the first bit I missed in bed later, ipad, sleepy times.....it's so peaceful, a lot of TV I find so clanging/loud/annoying
The train Melb to Perth, smokers......years ago was hell, all the yobs hang in smoking, and it broke the air con, we tried to change our ticket in Adelaide...without any luck, we sure learnt to never travel with smokers:)

Goodnight, this is making me sleepy already:)

Last edited:
Such a load of crap on TV still....Doctor Who repeats or the Bachelor are tonights highlights, blimey

Doctor has me hooked again, Martha episodes I haven't watched for ages, she is so beautiful....watching this
and loving it

Fake Or Fortune?

'Series 6: Episode 1: Constable'

ABC, 9:00pm, Tue, 9 Jan 2018, 60 minutes

NEW SHOW

Fake or Fortune? returns for a sixth series as art detectives Philip Mould & Fiona Bruce investigate more thrilling cases of art world mystery. In this episode they take on one of the most important cases they've ever faced.

Series, United Kingdom, English, Documentary, Arts & Culture, Mystery

...hi all... I'm back at last!... (did I hear someone say "aw shit!... it was fun while it lasted!")?... :p:biggrin:... this has been our busiest and most hectic and unplanned Christmas ever!... my sweet darling wife and myself are just glad to be home at last and boy!... have I missed the fun on here!... I've had sporadic moments where I could pop in here to check what is happening and that was about it but now... I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!... this was our last hurrah in regards to hectic and unplanned Christmas breaks... there's nothing like your own home and own bed is there?... lol!...

...I can see that the TV viewing is still total shit in the non ratings season as per usual... does anyone know when our favourite shows come back by any chance?... I'm going to be doing a fair bit of reading catch-up on here by the looks of it... lol!... oh!... by the way... we watched that Documentary on 'The Ghan'... what a boring as shit show that was!... we were planning on doing that journey sometime next year... maybe a cruise on a ship somewhere will be more fun perhaps?... lol!... I'm glad that we watched it... it saved us some money... I imagine that the scenery and and stops are brilliant but just sitting there staring out of a train window?... I dunno...has anyone here actually done the trip before?... if so... please tell me what is was like...

...anyhow... now to do a lot of catch-up reading... it's great to be back again!... cheers. :smile:

...hi all... I'm back at last!... (did I hear someone say "aw shit!... it was fun while it lasted!")?... :p:biggrin:... this has been our busiest and most hectic and unplanned Christmas ever!... my sweet darling wife and myself are just glad to be home at last and boy!... have I missed the fun on here!... I've had sporadic moments where I could pop in here to check what is happening and that was about it but now... I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!... this was our last hurrah in regards to hectic and unplanned Christmas breaks... there's nothing like your own home and own bed is there?... lol!...

...I can see that the TV viewing is still total shit in the non ratings season as per usual... does anyone know when our favourite shows come back by any chance?... I'm going to be doing a fair bit of reading catch-up on here by the looks of it... lol!... oh!... by the way... we watched that Documentary on 'The Ghan'... what a boring as shit show that was!... we were planning on doing that journey sometime next year... maybe a cruise on a ship somewhere will be more fun perhaps?... lol!... I'm glad that we watched it... it saved us some money... I imagine that the scenery and and stops are brilliant but just sitting there staring out of a train window?... I dunno...has anyone here actually done the trip before?... if so... please tell me what is was like...

...anyhow... now to do a lot of catch-up reading... it's great to be back again!... cheers. :smile:

Welcome back!

I'm a Celebrity and MKR are back on January 29, so there should be more to talk about then.

lol I loved the Gahn program... very relaxing! certainly polarising! welcome back!

lol I loved the Gahn program... very relaxing! certainly polarising! welcome back!

Me too.
So much. I watched more yesterday.
@Mr Stickyfingers it is not a documentary, it is the new phenom, SLOW TV, quiet peaceful and relaxing, those wide vistas were so beautiful. And i just loved the rolling down the track stuff too.

And it kind of made me laugh, thinking this is so much nicer than actually doing a 3-4 day train ride across the stinking wheat fields of SA, ie Perth to Melb, love the Nulla, but hate thos friggin endless wheat bits.

I loved the quiet, there a lot of shows that I can't watch for all the clanging noise, MKR being one of those, and most of the competition RTV shows, I hate the noise of them.

Welcome back!

I'm a Celebrity and MKR are back on January 29, so there should be more to talk about then.

...thanks Meglos... ooooh!... 'I'm a Celeb' sounds great!... I can't wait for that to start but sorry... I won't be watching 'My Kitchen Sucks'... I like Manu but everything else about the show I cannot stand anymore... ESPECIALLY pinhead Paleo Pete... lol!...

Me too.
So much. I watched more yesterday.
@Mr Stickyfingers it is not a documentary, it is the new phenom, SLOW TV, quiet peaceful and relaxing, those wide vistas were so beautiful. And i just loved the rolling down the track stuff too.

And it kind of made me laugh, thinking this is so much nicer than actually doing a 3-4 day train ride across the stinking wheat fields of SA, ie Perth to Melb, love the Nulla, but hate thos friggin endless wheat bits.

I loved the quiet, there a lot of shows that I can't watch for all the clanging noise, MKR being one of those, and most of the competition RTV shows, I hate the noise of them.

...thankyou very much Isee and hi to you too kxk... the main reason that I was disappointed with 'The Ghan' show was that I was expecting to see the cabins and carriages in all of their glory etc and seeing just what the trip involves and what makes the train itself tick etc... it would have given us all more depth to the trip in my opinion to be honest...

...the aerial shots from the Helicopter were superb and the Australian landscape is truly magnificent but at 3 hours long I expected them to talk to the crew and travellers for instance... but... I do get it... it was a very cerebral and reflective type of Documentary as opposed to the 'Holiday' type of shows but still... I would have preferred that the 'Captain' that did the vocalising at the start of the show to have just told us over the intercom of all of those moving captions to either side of the train too... I stopped reading them after the first hour... but I do appreciate that others really liked it... and I do understand as to why too but it was just not my type of Doco that's all...

...I just thought of something... what if I run the recording at 30 times the speed and watch it barrelling through the Australian outback at full speed?... now THAT might change my mind on it lol!... it's great to be back folks!... lol!... cheers.

HI @Mr Stickyfingers , nice to see you again, hope you had a lovely Christmas/New year etc.

You have to let go of the 'documentary' label for The Ghan, it is making you expect too much, this is not documentary TV, it is a new phenom. And it rated it's socks off, so there will be more SLOW TV

1. Slow TV comes to SBS with The Ghan: Australia's Greatest Train ...
    https://www.sbs.com.au/guide/node/127883 days ago ... The Ghan: Australia's Greatest Train Journey is an Australian-first foray into a genre of television often described as 'slow TV'. Three hours, no breaks; just the viewer, the tracks beneath, and stunning landscapes of the central Australian outback rushing past. This special event, takes viewers on a journey ...
  2. The Ghan: Australia's Greatest Train Journey | SBS On Demand
    http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/1124160067596/the-ghan-australias-greatest-train-journeyJan 7, 2018 ... An Australian first foray into the 'Slow TV' movement, this is an immersive journey on Australia's most iconic railway that reveals - in real time - the stunning topographical vistas and dramatic palette changes from Adelaide to Darwin, while unpacking our Indigenous, multicultural and social history in the ...
Currently viewing a doco on cloning, a frog that used to live, that would swallow it's babies, tadpoles,then give birth to little froggies out it's mouth, eww. The discovered it in the 70s only for it to become extinct soon after!
I am bored, and switching

I am watching the DW repeats at the moment too, I haven't watched the Martha eps for ages
Really enjoying the ride.....Capt Jack leaping on, hanging on the TARDIS......the Master........this era is soooooo exciting and exhilarating.
It feels brand new, and so different from miserable Moffat, who could be so dire & tortured, and so mean - that Maisee/Me character is detestable, Moffat at his worst.

I am watching the DW repeats at the moment too, I haven't watched the Martha eps for ages
Really enjoying the ride.....Capt Jack leaping on, hanging on the TARDIS......the Master........this era is soooooo exciting and exhilarating.
It feels brand new, and so different from miserable Moffat, who could be so dire & tortured, and so mean - that Maisee/Me character is detestable, Moffat at his worst.

I saw a bit of that today too. Lovely Chantho getting shot still upsets me.

HI @Mr Stickyfingers , nice to see you again, hope you had a lovely Christmas/New year etc.

You have to let go of the 'documentary' label for The Ghan, it is making you expect too much, this is not documentary TV, it is a new phenom. And it rated it's socks off, so there will be more SLOW TV

1. Slow TV comes to SBS with The Ghan: Australia's Greatest Train ...
    https://www.sbs.com.au/guide/node/127883 days ago ... The Ghan: Australia's Greatest Train Journey is an Australian-first foray into a genre of television often described as 'slow TV'. Three hours, no breaks; just the viewer, the tracks beneath, and stunning landscapes of the central Australian outback rushing past. This special event, takes viewers on a journey ...
  2. The Ghan: Australia's Greatest Train Journey | SBS On Demand
    http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/1124160067596/the-ghan-australias-greatest-train-journeyJan 7, 2018 ... An Australian first foray into the 'Slow TV' movement, this is an immersive journey on Australia's most iconic railway that reveals - in real time - the stunning topographical vistas and dramatic palette changes from Adelaide to Darwin, while unpacking our Indigenous, multicultural and social history in the ...
Currently viewing a doco on cloning, a frog that used to live, that would swallow it's babies, tadpoles,then give birth to little froggies out it's mouth, eww. The discovered it in the 70s only for it to become extinct soon after!
I am bored, and switching

...that's a good point that you have there kxk... perhaps I need to... the trouble is... with some shows I can be a tad bit impatient with them... I've decided that when another s-l-o-w TV show comes on that I will approach it from a different point of view next time methinks!... lol!... you never know... I might be able to watch the whole show without a single whinge next time... stranger things have happened before... lol!... cheers.

Watching last night's ABC. Doctor Who 'Blink' followed by Rage Vault playing Debbie Harry, Pat Benatar and other eighties greatness, sheer bliss.

...'Blink' is my all time most favourite episode of Doctor Who... the first ever appearance of the 'Weeping Angels' was pure magic and also such a scary concept for me... it also had a certain whimsical element to it for me too... all of the 'Weeping Angels' episodes after that lacked that for me at least... a great episode indeed Meglos... cheers.

...although I never really liked Martha Jones as a companion that is a great episode with 'Captain Jack' in it... and as you say kxk... him clinging to the outside of The Tardis while going through the Time vortex is a brilliant shot... I so envied Captain Jack right then... I would love to be able to do that trip myself!... lol!... I sure hope that Captain Jack returns in the new series with Jodie as The Doctor... imagine him flirting with her in overdrive mode lol!... cheers.

I saw a bit of that today too. Lovely Chantho getting shot still upsets me.

...sadly... Chantho said that she was the last of her kind in that episode too Meglos... more the pity as far as I'm concerned... I would've loved to have seen her race in more depth too... alas!... it's not to be so Doh!... cheers.

Back