Skip to main content

the random 'LIVE' thread...

Sophie fits just fine. A trash show doesn't need a Shakespearean actor hosting it.

...I guess not but I really think that somebody new to the franchise needs to have a go at it to be honest Meglos... anyone!... just not someone that has been on the show from previous seasons... otherwise it will become a case of 'same same but different' methinks!... just saying... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
...I guess not but I really think that somebody new to the franchise needs to have a go at it to be honest Meglos... anyone!... just not someone that has been on the show from previous seasons... otherwise it will become a case of 'same same but different' methinks!... just saying... cheers.

Yes, but it seems that's the way Australian reality tv works. Appear on one show and you're a star, and the door is open to appear on many more. It's like Luke Jacobz or Daniel McPherson or Darren McMullen (or Sonya Kruger), now they pop up on everything. Sophie is old school in that she came from a singing show, so she does have a talent to back it up.
As for the contestants, they're a complete bunch of Tullies.

I really like the Living Room. When I was working it was a harmless bit of fluff to chill out to because I had no brain after the working week. Still like it, but not compulsory viewing. It works because of the warmth of the hosts and their interactions.

I watch this every Saturday, really enjoyable, lush English palaces etc, it is great light entertainment, Jenna Coleman ex of Doc Who is lovely, and Rufus Sewell is adorable, and the actor playing Albert is appealing too. Babies coming soon:)

Victoria

'Engine Of Change'

ABC, 7:30pm, Sat, 9 Dec 2017, 50 minutes

The shock of Victoria's pregnancy is compounded when she's forced to consider who will be regent. She chooses Albert, but he's feeling unfulfilled and their trip to the North exposes the tensions in their relationship.

Series, United Kingdom, English, Drama, Biography, Historical

Followed by comedy....

Live At The Apollo

'Christmas Special'

ABC Comedy/Kids, 8:30pm, Sat, 9 Dec 2017, 45 minutes

REPEAT

The star of BBC Three's Asian Provocateur Romesh Ranganthan hosts, as he introduces the exceptionally talented Seann Walsh, the fabulous Kerry Godliman plus surreal comedian Spencer Jones to the stage for some festive frolics

Series, United Kingdom, English, Comedy

What a load of crap on.....but if you search there are hidden gems. Love both of these guys

Something old (I missed)

Funny As

'Tom Gleeson'

ABC Comedy/Kids, 8:45pm, Sun, 10 Dec 2017, 60 minutes

REPEAT

Tom Gleeson is one of the best comedians in Australia. He sells out shows wherever he goes, is in demand as a guest on TV & radio & created the hit segment "Hard Chat" as a regular on The Weekly with Charlie Pickering.

Something new

Alan Davies: As Yet Untitled

'Noel Fielding, Jon Ronson, Kerry Godliman'

ABC Comedy/Kids, 9:45pm, Sun, 10 Dec 2017, 45 minutes

NEW SHOW

Alan Davies is joined by guests Noel Fielding, Jon Ronson, Andrew Maxwell and Kerry Godliman. Discussion topics include being detained by the US military, giant rabbits and psychopaths.
2014, United States, English, Arts & Culture

The Windsors.................is funny, especially how they do fergie and her girls

'Series 2, Episode 2'

Seven, 10:40pm, Sun, 10 Dec 2017, 60 minutes
Harry asks Kate to DJ in his new nightclub and Camilla decides to offer her kidney to a disabled girl to improve her popularity with the general public

Matthew Cottle, Celeste Dring, Louise Ford

Beyond The Brick: A Lego Brickumentary

SBS, 8:30pm, Sun, 10 Dec 2017, 110 minutes

Oscar winning Director Daniel Junge and Oscar nominated Director Kief Davidson take us on a journey through the Lego universe... like you have never seen before. They explore the brick that has captured imaginations for generations and look at the fundamental question...is it a toy or something more? The program delves into the extraordinary impact of the Lego brick and the innovative uses for it that have sprung up all over the world. The film takes us to art galleries full of Lego creations, introduces us to Master Builders making movies, into the world of Lego therapy, and brings us along to meet AFOLS (Adult Fans of Lego), each with amazing stories to tell.

2014, United States, English, Documentary, Arts & Culture, Society & Culture

...sorry that I haven't been around much... this is the busiest Christmas that my sweet darling wife and I have had in many years... and... we're going to that Paul McCartney Concert tonight at last!... most likely tomorrow night I will give you the run down on how it was... we're so bloody excited as you all can imagine... until then my friends... cheers.

The Windsors.................is funny, especially how they do fergie and her girls

'Series 2, Episode 2'

Seven, 10:40pm, Sun, 10 Dec 2017, 60 minutes
Harry asks Kate to DJ in his new nightclub and Camilla decides to offer her kidney to a disabled girl to improve her popularity with the general public

Matthew Cottle, Celeste Dring, Louise Ford

Beyond The Brick: A Lego Brickumentary

SBS, 8:30pm, Sun, 10 Dec 2017, 110 minutes

Oscar winning Director Daniel Junge and Oscar nominated Director Kief Davidson take us on a journey through the Lego universe... like you have never seen before. They explore the brick that has captured imaginations for generations and look at the fundamental question...is it a toy or something more? The program delves into the extraordinary impact of the Lego brick and the innovative uses for it that have sprung up all over the world. The film takes us to art galleries full of Lego creations, introduces us to Master Builders making movies, into the world of Lego therapy, and brings us along to meet AFOLS (Adult Fans of Lego), each with amazing stories to tell.

2014, United States, English, Documentary, Arts & Culture, Society & Culture
Bugger missed that. I thought the Windsor’s was just another royal suck up.[DOUBLEPOST=1512983397][/DOUBLEPOST]
...sorry that I haven't been around much... this is the busiest Christmas that my sweet darling wife and I have had in many years... and... we're going to that Paul McCartney Concert tonight at last!... most likely tomorrow night I will give you the run down on how it was... we're so bloody excited as you all can imagine... until then my friends... cheers.
I hope that you are having a brilliant time.

i personally think it is quite disgraceful that they are making fun of such a fine institution such as the monarchy. not my type of humor anyway. i prefer the good life.

Wife Swap!!! is back, one of my favourites, just finishing

WINDSORS is a series on a few nights late, it is a hoot, the dim Princesses are sooooo perfectly dumbo and flippy weird
But they are all really dim, and Kate is hiding she is a gypsy, up to date too talking about Meghan, she just appeared.
Harry is um............well basically they are fuckwits, funny as

i personally think it is quite disgraceful that they are making fun of such a fine institution such as the monarchy. not my type of humor anyway. i prefer the good life.
Oh dear Reepbot. Such a fine institution. Don’t think so Hon!!

Back