Skip to main content

the random 'LIVE' thread...

...oh well... only a short posting tonight mainly because there aren't many shows to actually comment about as Meglos said earlier...I might watch those shows that you mentioned earlier kxk... or... the full Dr Who episode first... decisions decisions decisions!... lol!... thanks for the fun my friends... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
Dr Mosely is about I can find, he is usually good value
I'm trying to fast tonight, as per the Mosley method

Chill time, goodnight Sticky and everyone

...oh!... I've just remembered...I watched a show today that I taped on Foxtel... it was called 'Becoming Bond' and was about George Lazenby's rise to fame from a car salesman to his role as James Bond and then on how he turned his back on fame... it's part Documentary and part Drama with Josh Lawson playing him... what a bloody brilliant show folks!... I highly recommend it my friends... I suggest that you at least tape it when it comes to Commercial TV... it's a great show... cheers.

Dr Mosely is about I can find, he is usually good value
I'm trying to fast tonight, as per the Mosley method

Chill time, goodnight Sticky and everyone

...goodnight kxk... if there is anything worth watching at all tomorrow night ... I'll probably be on... I've missed the chats in the last week... lol!... cheers.

This was great last week, they did Gogglebox, and they did it well and in depth

Screen Time

'Series 1: Episode 8'

ABC, 8:00pm, Tue, 5 Dec 2017, 30 minutes
A side-effect of our content obsession is the tyranny of choice. Chris Taylor hosts the series that cuts through the jungle of content and helps us answer the burning questions 'What should I watch next?'. #ABCScreenTime

Then I watch double episodes of Ladies of London, love these bitches, for some of them have class. some have castles

I watched the Easybeats thing, and what a shame, they had good actors and created a reasonable atmosphere at first, the migrant stuff.
But, they fucked it up
Bad writing and directing = they made a very exciting story utterly boring, actually snoozy at times
I recall watching and thinking, nothing has happened for 5 minutes no wondering I got sleepy

This deserved way better, this is an epic part of Aussie history, I do hope somebody does a big production about Vanda and the Young family.
The docos on the Albert Studios that followed were much better

Doc Who has 2 episodes tonight, Slithereen up first, they shit me and belong with kids,so will let that one go by

No interest in this movie they are discussing, family drama with dustin Hoffman, blah

I watched the Easybeats thing, and what a shame, they had good actors and created a reasonable atmosphere at first, the migrant stuff.
But, they fucked it up
Bad writing and directing = they made a very exciting story utterly boring, actually snoozy at times
I recall watching and thinking, nothing has happened for 5 minutes no wondering I got sleepy

This deserved way better, this is an epic part of Aussie history, I do hope somebody does a big production about Vanda and the Young family.
The docos on the Albert Studios that followed were much better
Oh, I loved it! I thought it really captured the era very well, and how hard it was to make it big and make a living out of it,the actors were very good and actually looked like those they were depicting. And the music!
Enjoyed the Alberts doco after too.

This might be weird enough for us Kiki and Kitty, 9.30pm
World Premiere
Kiki is a young black woman trying to make it as an overworked paralegal for a corporate law firm in the big smoke. Kiki has always been the “Good Aboriginal Girl”, but after an embarrassing
scene at an office party, Kiki wakes up to find a big, black, bold woman in a black sequin dress, red lippie and martini in her hand, straddling her in bed. Kitty is impulsive, outspoken, sexy as
hell… she’s Kiki’s vagina come to life as a real person! Kiki is the only one who can see Kitty. But Kitty knows just what Kiki needs to get control of her life, and makes it her mission to fix it.
Kiki and Kitty is a Porchlight Films production for the ABC. Principal production investment from Screen Australia. #KikiAndKitty

Abc

This might be weird enough for us Kiki and Kitty, 9.30pm
World Premiere
Kiki is a young black woman trying to make it as an overworked paralegal for a corporate law firm in the big smoke. Kiki has always been the “Good Aboriginal Girl”, but after an embarrassing
scene at an office party, Kiki wakes up to find a big, black, bold woman in a black sequin dress, red lippie and martini in her hand, straddling her in bed. Kitty is impulsive, outspoken, sexy as
hell… she’s Kiki’s vagina come to life as a real person! Kiki is the only one who can see Kitty. But Kitty knows just what Kiki needs to get control of her life, and makes it her mission to fix it.
Kiki and Kitty is a Porchlight Films production for the ABC. Principal production investment from Screen Australia. #KikiAndKitty

Abc
Yep weird was right, but funnier than Tom Ballard. He might settle in. Not a huge amount of laughs for me tonight.

The new MKR promo sinks to new lows.
Oh let's make fun of Russians, because, well, they're Russian!
Let's get the other teams to do comedy Russian voices and slag them off, because they're Russian after all.
Let's throw in every stereotype possible. They deserve it, they're Russian!
The Russian ladies even mimed to the song "Moscow", so they're in on the joke and that makes it ok, right?

OMG

The new MKR promo sinks to new lows.
Oh let's make fun of Russians, because, well, they're Russian!
Let's get the other teams to do comedy Russian voices and slag them off, because they're Russian after all.
Let's throw in every stereotype possible. They deserve it, they're Russian!
The Russian ladies even mimed to the song "Moscow", so they're in on the joke and that makes it ok, right?

Having worked a great deal with Russian communities here, MKR will get SLAUGHTERED for these insults
Russians in general think Aussies are idiots with no proper education or sophistication, lazy slobs we are:)
And they are not funny, and do not appreciate this kind of humour, does anyone?

Heaven tonight, 2 hours of bliss for me...VIKINGS ARE BACK

WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 6
The Departed - Part One
50 minutes, MA, Drama, Historical, WS, CC, Series

(Canada, English)

These Nordic warriors are back and ready to wage war in the newest season of top-rated drama, 'Vikings'. Season 5 begins with Ivar the Boneless asserting his leadership over the Great Heathen Army, while Lagertha reigns as Queen of Kattegat. Ivar's murder of his brother Sigurd sets the stage for vicious battles to come as Ragnar's sons plot their next moves after avenging their father's death. Bjorn follows his destiny to into the Mediterranean Sea and Floki, who is suffering from the loss of his wife Helga, takes to the seas, submitting himself to the will of the Gods. In the first episode, tensions mount between the sons of Ragnar Lothbrok as the Vikings continue to threaten the very heart of England." data-html="true" data-title="Vikings" data-trigger="hover" style="box-sizing: border-box;">
9:35pm

remote_new.png
Vikings ‘The Departed - Part One’

SBS HD

The Departed - Part Two
50 minutes, MA, Drama, Historical, WS, CC, Series

(Canada, English)

As the Great Army moves to take York, with King Aethelwulf and his family still in hiding, Heahmund, the warrior bishop, must rally the Saxons to defend the Realm. Tensions mount between the sons of Ragnar Lothbrok as the Vikings continue to threaten the very heart of England. As the Great Army moves to take York, with King Aethelwulf and his family still in hiding, Heahmund, the warrior bishop, must rally the Saxons to defend the Realm." data-html="true" data-title="Vikings" data-trigger="hover" style="box-sizing: border-box;">
10:25pm

remote_new.png
Vikings ‘The Departed - Part Two’

AND QI
is back, thank god for any tidbits in the wasteland of crap currently on as we wind up the year

Plus has anyone watched this....

Catastrophe

'Series 3: Episode 1'

ABC Comedy/Kids, 9:30pm, Wed, 6 Dec 2017, 25 minutes

NEW SHOW

Rob picks up where he left off last time, with an unexplained receipt for the morning after pill and a lot of questions. Too drunk to remember what she did, Sharon dodges Rob's grilling. Will she tell Rob what happened?

Sharon Horgan, Rob Delaney

Series, United Kingdom, English, Comedy

It has Carrie Fisher, worth checking just for her, apparently it is good stuff

Back