Skip to main content

the random 'LIVE' thread...

Mr Stickyfingers

an old fart that rants at times...
Awesome site donor
...hi all... (this is a long read so prepare yourselves folks!)... there have been many discussions between a few of us members for quite a long time now that there is no 'LIVE' thread for when we're between Reality shows or whatever and cannot post 'LIVE' on random shows between the mainstay programmes... so this thread has been set up so that there is somewhere to post 'LIVE' on random shows if a few of us want to talk about shows instead of just hanging on in some shows threads to talk about a particular show irrelevant to the shows thread so this is what this thread is for...

...sometimes we watch shows that are new but have no thread dedicated to them but some of us want to talk about them so this is what this thread is for... if the show takes off then a thread can be created for that particular show and all talk of it would naturally slide over from here over to it's new thread... this thread is like a sort of 'launch pad' for new shows (or old shows too if need be) to be discussed about by whoever is on here while it's on 'LIVE' on the night (or day)...

...also... if anyone wants to bring it to everyone's attention that a particular show is coming onto commercial TV (not everyone has Foxtel/Netflix etc) that they think that people would be interested in then just post it here (a few days early notice would be good) and a few of us may just turn up to talk about it 'LIVE' at the time if we're free...

...there is no use in setting a particular time on a particular night weekly at times because not everyone will be able to make for one reason or another but say we have finished watching 'Survivor' for the night and someone says "hey a certain show has just started on the ABC... it's starting now!" then if we're all able to we can just slide into here to talk about it 'LIVE' for instance...

...another example... if a new show is starting on TV... (say... 'Sisters' on Wednesday night this week)... then one of us might put the time and date up in this thread (a few days earlier would probably be a good idea) and whoever turns up can talk about it 'LIVE'... the good part of that is that it's not up to one person only to do that role... anyone can post up a show and then come on here on the night and perhaps some may turn up to chat about it...

...it's not compulsory of course... some people hate certain shows but myself?... I'm always open to watch a show... any show... at least once even when I don't like the sounds of it... lol!... (The Bachelor/Bachelorette rings a bell for me at least lol!)... and I ended up loving them!...

...we can have the same show on over a couple of weeks until we have to assess it and then perhaps decide whether or not to start its own thread and not to clog up this one with one particular show week after week... we'll know by our reactions on whether the show has enough takers to warrant starting it's own thread for instance...

...some people don't like to watch a show and type at the same time so if they don't want to type 'LIVE' then perhaps do a quick post on how good or bad the show was for the rest of us that may post 'Live' the following week... the possibilities for this thread are boundless when you think about it...

...as I said before... anyone can suggest a show for us to watch... it's open slather lol!... if you come in here on the night and have no takers... don't get disheartened... people might just not be free at the time to watch it... post it for the following week and you may get many takers!... the majority of the time if I'm free I'll try and come in here with you so that you can at least talk to one person lol!...

...the thread is open for ANY TV show whatsoever... there are no limits... Documentaries /Reality TV/ Movies etc... the sky is the limit... and... it can be available on weekends too if people are up to it if needed be... but I do have one exception for myself... I will NEVER come in here to discuss Sports of any type ... that leads to arguments and I won't be a party to it... others may want to but I won't... (perhaps it needs to be a solid Rule if others agree... no Sports!)...

...if anyone has any other ideas to improve or add to this thread then feel free to add to this post... I just thought that instead of just discussing about setting up a thread and procrastinating about it that stuffit!... set it up then we can all 'fine tune' it together... so... does anyone have any thoughts on what else we can do for this thread?... all input will be welcomed... sorry that the post was so long peoples lol!... cheers.

...as an addition to what I've said above I'm going to post up a show that others may want to discuss it 'Live' with me as a test run... the show is...

...'Sisters'...Wednesday night at 8:40 on Channel 10... it's on straight after 'The Bachelorette'... so if you're up to it hopefully I'll see you here...

...normally we'd perhaps hang in there on the 'Bachelorette' thread and clog it up with our thoughts on the new show and people reading it the next day would most likely get pissed off with us... perhaps this thread will change that?... anyhow... let's see if this works out eh?... hopefully I'll see you here lol!... cheers.

Both links work for me...

How does something like this get commissioned. and who watches it?

7 Backwards Man
Synopsis BACKWARDS MAN will be set in a regional town and is about its title character, a man who walks everywhere backwards. Status Pre-Production State NSW

...I must admit it... I'm only giving this show a go because Magda Szubanski is in it but usually anything that she is in is usually great viewing... I hope that she's not just an extra and is seen quite often... cheers.

Riotous, Raw, And Unromanticised: Sisters Star Maria Angelico Talks TEN’s New Drama
Published: 23 October 2017

lead.jpg

A fertility doctor who’s spent 30 years substituting infertile sperm with his own is the kind of TV show premise that you might find both comedic and confronting. According to Maria Angelico, that’s so Sisters and that’s so “life”

babies.jpg

Initially, before you’d even seen a script, what drew you to this role?

Maria: I’d have to say Imogen Banks, I mean everything she’s created is just so unique and so cool, I think she’s one of Australia’s best creators.

What were your first thoughts and reactions to the script and to discovering the show’s premise?

Maria: Initially I was more excited about the relationships between the sisters, the show being about female relationships; those dynamics, their unity, and also their differences. Then I realised how intense the storyline is with all the siblings and with what her father has done.

I love that this idea involves the bringing together of different people from different walks of life. It offers a good opportunity to look at different perspectives.

barry.jpg

What do you think makes it a must-watch?

Maria: One thing that really stands out is the style in which the story is told; it feels unique in its vulnerability, stripped back, it doesn’t feel very shiny and manicured. There’s something real and authentic and honest that will really connect with people because it’s relatable, and not just for women but for everyone.

And there’s a really good balance of hilarity and sincerity. Some things are so funny and so sad and I think that’s so… life.

magda.jpg

It has a great cast. Barry Otto, Magda Szubanski and Catherine McClements to name a few. What was it like to work with Australian acting royalty?

Maria: I have to be honest, I fan-girled out with Magda the first time I met her. I like to think that I act professional and don’t get star-struck but I grew up watching Big Girl’s Blouse and Kath and Kim so I bombarded her, just re-enacting skits and completely embarrassing myself.

Barry, the way he works, is so playful. He’s got this kind of childlike wonderment that is so infectious, and beautiful to witness as well. And Catherine McClements is just a powerhouse, so straight up.

cath_mcclements.jpg

You have sisters of your own, how much of your own personal experience did you bring to this and has it affected your relationship with them?

Maria: I’m one of three sisters, so I can definitely relate to and understand that dynamic where you’re all completely different but so close at the same time. There was something beautiful with Lucy (Durack, who plays Roxy) and Antonia (Prebble, who plays Edie) that I felt was instant. So much heart, and love, and trust and support between us as actresses, and our characters. It reaffirmed my faith in and unity with women. I feel extra loving and appreciative towards my sisters at the moment.

sisters.jpg

When it comes to your on-screen sisters, how different are the three of you? Did it take long to find common ground as actors?

Maria: I think we’re really different, but we’re all quite positive women. It really took me aback at how supportive the environment was and how encouraging we were. We got along really well, it didn’t take long at all. And we’re so different; Lucy is like a Disney princess, she’s so bubbly and bright, and Antonia is so intellectual and precise, and I’m a bit silly. Oh god, we sound like our characters!

male.jpg

So I know the show is called sisters and it centres around three women, but what about the male roles, what do you think male viewers can enjoy about this?

Maria: There’s a really strong male cast, and I think men are quite broadly represented. We follow their storylines, and the challenges they face within the plot.
It’s a show about humans, it’s high drama, that’s really engaging whether you’re male or female.

Australia loves its dramas. What does Sisters bring to the landscape that we haven’t seen before?

Maria: I think it brings something quite raw and unromanticised, which feels really unique. There’s something real life about it and there’s something equally beautiful in that. Nothing’s glamourised, all the characters, both male and female, are layered and you get to see all the sides of them which I think is such an achievement and something everyone in the show can be proud of, there’s a lot of depth to this.

Sisters Premieres 8.40 Wednesday on TEN and tenplay

Both links work for me...

How does something like this get commissioned. and who watches it?

7 Backwards Man
Synopsis BACKWARDS MAN will be set in a regional town and is about its title character, a man who walks everywhere backwards. Status Pre-Production State NSW

...oh okay... so reepbot's link does work... that's good...I have no idea as to why it wouldn't for me though... maybe I'm on ASIO's 'banned' list for something ?... lol!... and that show sounds bloody ridiculous!... they're gonna put something like that on but not our beloved Big Brother?... jeez!... I dunno... cheers.

...oh okay... so reepbot's link does work... that's good...I have no idea as to why it wouldn't for me though... maybe I'm on ASIO's 'banned' list for something ?... lol!... and that show sounds bloody ridiculous!... they're gonna put something like that on but not our beloved Big Brother?... jeez!... I dunno... cheers.

It opened as a PDF file.

And yes, they're happy to commission "one idea" shows but not Big Brother or guarantee Survivor's future.

...speaking of 'Sisters'... Catherine McClements and Julia Zemiro could pass for sisters from what I can see lol!... cheers.

cath_mcclements.jpg

It opened as a PDF file.

And yes, they're happy to commission "one idea" shows but not Big Brother or guarantee Survivor's future.

...hahaha!... I've just gone out of my big screen and there are 5 PDF files of the same thing on my desktop lol!... funny as!... cheers.

...righteo... let's test run this thread and see if it takes off eh?... 'Sisters' is the show that were doing first so hello?... is anyone else here?... cheers.

...aw man!... I just LOVE Melanie Safka singing 'brand new rollerskate!'... brilliant!... cheers.

...hahaha!... I so love the premise of this show... who says that it hasn't ever happened in the real world either?... it is a possibility I guess?... cheers.

...haha!... Barry Otto is hilarious to just look at... he doesn't even need to speak to crack me up... even in Dramas lol!... cheers.

Watching...seems funny so far.

...it's great to see you in here FatPants... I NEVER watch any Australian soaps or dramas usually but I can see me liking this already... the show looks like it could turn in so many directions with the premise of the plotline... it has me hooked already and I never thought that I would ever say that... lol! ... cheers.

Back