Skip to main content

The Plebiscite for Marriage Equality

Haven't received mine yet.
neither have we
also heard on news they found some voting forms qstrewn across a street in Canberra
anyone know what you need to do if you dont receive a form by end of next week?

neither have we
also heard on news they found some voting forms qstrewn across a street in Canberra
anyone know what you need to do if you dont receive a form by end of next week?
I read that you get onto the ABS for a replacement form.

Affable - you have the PRIVILEGE granted to you to vote in this country - people around the world have to fight for that privilege/right ... people around the world have died in the pursuit of it - never squander it.

You have the right to vote as you wish - it is after all a secret ballot ... whilst I personally will be voting yes and don't care who knows it I stand by the right of others to vote differently - but I can only hope they are doing it out of real honest conviction and not through ignorance or being led to it by the stupidity contained in much of what Ive seen in the No vote campaign ads or the stupidity of thinking "this is a waste of time - Im going to tick No just to be funny/clever/challenging"

to not bother to vote in this to me is to say "I simply do not care about the society I am living in" and I don't get it. Such complacency imo got the Brexit vote across the line and landed the World (not just the US) with that appalling excuse for a human-being - No 45 (I refuse to call him by name) as a World Leader.

I'm glad to see you DID exercise your right to vote eventually ... and maybe you were just stirring the pot saying you were too busy to bother ... but I feel strongly about people not squandering their right to vote.

Affable - you have the PRIVILEGE granted to you to vote in this country - people around the world have to fight for that privilege/right ... people around the world have died in the pursuit of it - never squander it.

You have the right to vote as you wish - it is after all a secret ballot ... whilst I personally will be voting yes and don't care who knows it I stand by the right of others to vote differently - but I can only hope they are doing it out of real honest conviction and not through ignorance or being led to it by the stupidity contained in much of what Ive seen in the No vote campaign ads or the stupidity of thinking "this is a waste of time - Im going to tick No just to be funny/clever/challenging"

to not bother to vote in this to me is to say "I simply do not care about the society I am living in" and I don't get it. Such complacency imo got the Brexit vote across the line and landed the World (not just the US) with that appalling excuse for a human-being - No 45 (I refuse to call him by name) as a World Leader.

I'm glad to see you DID exercise your right to vote eventually ... and maybe you were just stirring the pot saying you were too busy to bother ... but I feel strongly about people not squandering their right to vote.
Yes, yes, yes and yes to all of that and that's how I'll vote too.

Facebook has been like a bullhorn for the no voters to spread their misinformation and hatred onto the public.

Hmm, you know if that is happening on your Facebook it is a reflection of you and your connections?
You must be connected to a lot of gross shit to get No vote propaganda.

I haven't received even a hint of No crap, it's all rainbows,flowers and big fat YES,YES,YES

You maybe need to clean out your fucked up links

Hmm, you know if that is happening on your Facebook it is a reflection of you and your connections?

I haven't received even a hint of No crap, it's all rainbows,flowers and big fat YES,YES,YES

It depends. I have liked some newspaper/news website pages, and that attracts people from yes, no and don't care camps.

"No" voters were trolling the Australian Marriage Equality FB posts yesterday. Peter Hartcher's opinion piece in Fairfax today noted that when the Yes voters protest and bully No voters it works against the cause.. but it cuts both ways.

no I read comments posted to posts on facebook or news articles ... and it gets grubby real quickly. Sadly rather than ignore any stupidity and move on a lot of supposed Yes supporters get defensive and angry and try to argue with some of the No brigade ... they start quoting and misquoting the bible ... descending quickly into name calling and derision ... then swing/undecided/havent cared enough to work it out yet voters read it and decide to vote No simplybecause they dont like the attitude coming off the Yes peoples shitty arguments
so they are damaging the vote by arguing and should have just ignored andnot given them air in the first place

Some of you are braver than I! I'm avoiding comment sections like the plague; my blood pressure can't handle them. I'm already getting to the stage where I wish I could take a two month holiday overseas.

I'm finding I'm avoiding articles and reports where I can because every time I hear another 'slippery slope' argument or some other 'bullshit nothing to do with the question at hand' argument I want to scream. I can understand the 'marriage is between a man and a woman' argument - and if you believe in that then great vote no - but why some people feel the need to go further and try and justify themselves by coming out with blatant lies infuriates me!

I mean Holland's had SSM for what 15 years? Pretty sure the Dutch are yet to see their first a human-bridge or human-animal marriage. :rage: Pretty sure the entire population hasn't been forced to turn gay. :mad: Pretty sure they've not become some hive mind society with no free will. :muted: Pretty sure there's still churches over there and they haven't all been burned down and replaced with tasteful fashion boutiques and gay sex dungeons. :punch: Pretty sure...

200.gif

... I just needed to vent. So thanks!

November can't come soon enough!

He also said his traditional view is “more widely recognised in the community that people might think”.
He should watch Pleasantville.

Back