Skip to main content

The Jury Villa - Discussion Thread

Brooke said she wants El and Lee to win (despite attempting to blindside El). As @timmydownawell pointed out, she also wants Sam or Matt to win. How is Flick betraying Brooke any worse than Brooke betraying El? "The person to blame is Flick" indeed. "I'm leaving here with my head held high". Really? What goes around comes around. She played a mean game, own it, don't pretend it was a noble one.

For me, Brooke is the first one who hasn't come across as likeable in the Villa. She seems just as cocky and ruthless as she did in the game.
What was JL saying about her being the one they really liked?

Yeah that was odd. Maybe Brooke is one of those people who draws people in somehow. JL and Nick seemed very keen to compliment her.
She is quite beautiful. I don't get the sucking up but I much prefer it to childish meanness. Last season on US survivor two grown men and one college girl wouldn't even speak to their former tribemate when she was voted out. They were horrible and it just reflected their entire behavior in the game.
Maybe their attitude was affected because she was betrayed and had been playing well, so they felt sympathy towards her?

She is quite beautiful. I don't get the sucking up but I much prefer it to childish meanness. Last season on US survivor two grown men and one college girl wouldn't even speak to their former tribemate when she was voted out. They were horrible and it just reflected their entire behavior in the game.
Maybe their attitude was affected because she was betrayed and had been playing well, so they felt sympathy towards her?

I agree, I'm impressed with Nick since he left the game. He could come across as vindictive while he was there, but in the villa he seems well-balanced and enthusuastic.

Who were the two men & college girl?
I think the nastiest contestant I've seen was Corinne in Gabon. Her dismissal of everyone not in her clique was awful, especially the things she said to, and about, Sugar. Compared to that, Brooke and Flick seem sweet.

I agree, I'm impressed with Nick since he left the game. He could come across as vindictive while he was there, but in the villa he seems well-balanced and enthusuastic.

Who were the two men & college girl?
I think the nastiest contestant I've seen was Corinne in Gabon. Her dismissal of everyone not in her clique was awful, especially the things she said to, and about, Sugar. Compared to that, Brooke and Flick seem sweet.
The two guys were Scott Pollard and Kyle Jason and the girl was Julia. I wouldn't suggest watching that season to anyone as it was terrible and has immediately fallen to the bottom of the list of seasons. I had to limit my time watching it. The guys were just as obnoxious on the show as they were off the show.

I haven't seen Corinne play but she remains a completely nasty person in many ways so it doesn't surprise me. She does a brutal cast assessment on Rob's podcast which is basically her just tearing people down. I usually skip it.

The two guys were Scott Pollard and Kyle Jason and the girl was Julia. I wouldn't suggest watching that season to anyone as it was terrible and has immediately fallen to the bottom of the list of seasons. I had to limit my time watching it. The guys were just as obnoxious on the show as they were off the show.

I haven't seen Corinne play but she remains a completely nasty person in many ways so it doesn't surprise me. She does a brutal cast assessment on Rob's podcast which is basically her just tearing people down. I usually skip it.

Doesn't surprise me that Corinne continues to be nasty.

I remembered Scott, had to look up who Kyle ("Jason") and Julia were, I remember now. I didn't enjoy that season at all, the only person I liked was Tai.

Cydney took it with class and the right attitude though. Those immature assholes weren't worth worrying about. Cyd was my favorite that season and came out of the 38 days she spent in the game looking even better than when she went in.

About 3:50 the shunning begins.

As for Brooke the video showed a discussion held before Brooke arrived showing that at least 3 of them were confirmed votes for her, Jenna Louise at the time being somewhat noncommital so perhaps they were a bit over the top just because 1/ of their shock that she had been blindsided and 2/ as they are all pretty good and decent people they wanted to give her a bit of reassurance to make her feel better?

Cydney took it with class and the right attitude though. Those immature assholes weren't worth worrying about. Cyd was my favorite that season and came out of the 38 days she spent in the game looking even better than when she went in.

About 3:50 the shunning begins.

As for Brooke the video showed a discussion held before Brooke arrived showing that at least 3 of them were confirmed votes for her, Jenna Louise at the time being somewhat noncommital so perhaps they were a bit over the top just because 1/ of their shock that she had been blindsided and 2/ as they are all pretty good and decent people they wanted to give her a bit of reassurance to make her feel better?

Cydney was great. That video was hard to watch, some horrible people that season.

http://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/australian-survivor/extra/season-1/episode-6-the-jury-villa

Episode 6: The Jury Villa
Sam

Cu-A6rCXEAAYzRv.jpg

In Sam's jury villa, when him, Nick and JL are talking at the table outside near the end, there is another guy sunbaking in the background. Does this indicate that either Lee or Matt go next? The guy looks like he has light hair so could be Lee.

More likely just a crew member.

I know it's only a web series but finding this quite disapointing actually - it's little more than an extended interview with each evictee.

More likely just a crew member.

I know it's only a web series but finding this quite disapointing actually - it's little more than an extended interview with each evictee.

Have you watched the US version, Ponderosa? This is basically the same.

Reactions: kxk
Back