Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

I'm not at the moment but do sometimes.
I just found Series 4 is airing. I think its up to E3 on iview. I just watched the last two on Youtube. I was rather taken with Dan Sperry. He was just wonderfully, wonderfully horrible!

I've only ever seen one magician stump Penn and Teller. Does it happen often?

Yes, often enough. I mean not THAT often, but it has happened four or five or so times this series. Even sometimes twice in one show.

Sometimes its a bit of a technicality but P & T are officially allowed only one guess so they are kinda fooled but they'd probably get it if they were allowed a second guess. But sometimes they seriously really get fooled.

and there is no reason why we can't converse about it. What is your view on it?

I find it difficult to think and look someone in the eye. Though I probably wouldn't move to another culture that does not like eye contact because of that.

I find it difficult to think and look someone in the eye. Though I probably wouldn't move to another culture that does not like eye contact because of that.
so at toastmasters you don't make eye contact? do you get marked down for that? or if you are making a speech to a room of people doe it not matter?

so at toastmasters you don't make eye contact? do you get marked down for that? or if you are making a speech to a room of people doe it not matter?

I don't make eye contact, mainly because I am trying to remember what I am going to say. And they do mark me down for that. But they do like my speeches enough that it hasn't become an issue.

I don't make eye contact, mainly because I am trying to remember what I am going to say. And they do mark me down for that. But they do like my speeches enough that it hasn't become an issue.
its something that takes practice to feel comfortable to do in that situation. (public speaking). maybe the longer you are there the more confident you may get in making eye contact. A lot of people probably don't do anywhere near as well as you do... public speaking is a huge fear of many people.

its something that takes practice to feel comfortable to do in that situation. (public speaking). maybe the longer you are there the more confident you may get in making eye contact. A lot of people probably don't do anywhere near as well as you do... public speaking is a huge fear of many people.

Yes, practice makes perfect. I will probably get more confident once I do more speeches. Do you do much speaking in public?

And yeah public speaking is a huge fear for people, I feel lucky that I am not scared of it.

Yes, practice makes perfect. I will probably get more confident once I do more speeches. Do you do much speaking in public?

And yeah public speaking is a huge fear for people, I feel lucky that I am not scared of it.
when I was at school I couldn't even stand in front of the class and read out two sentences. Then we had a speech contest and I write a too good of a speech and got to the school finals and had to stand up in front of 700 students and do it. I did drama for one year in school to try and get over my fears. I also ended up in a debate team. So now in a social scenario with lots of people talking I still get really overwhelmed, but I have facilitated training and given presentations to groups at work.

when I was at school I couldn't even stand in front of the class and read out two sentences. Then we had a speech contest and I write a too good of a speech and got to the school finals and had to stand up in front of 700 students and do it. I did drama for one year in school to try and get over my fears. I also ended up in a debate team. So now in a social scenario with lots of people talking I still get really overwhelmed, but I have facilitated training and given presentations to groups at work.

Yes Drama helped me too with public speaking I think, because it made me comfortable speaking to a bigger audience.

This looks interesting tonight....@reepbot might interest you?

Adam Ruins Everything

'Adam Ruins Dating'

SBS VICELAND, 8:00pm, Tue, 22 Aug 2017, 30 minutes

Adam goes on a date, but not without unmasking the truth behind online dating websites and their compatibility claims, disproving the Alpha Male myth, and revealing the dangers behind the ubiquitous Meyers-Briggs Test.

Adam Conover

Series, 2017, United States, English, Entertainment, Comedy

Back