Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

I hope that Anne is better than the last version, and the one before it, there has never been a good depiction of this saga - my dear Mother's favourite books.
Mum was a red headed kind of orphan - brought up by her aunty in a country town and boarding schools and a geek like Anne.
Mum made certain every one of her daughter read the series, even the ones that could barely read (she read it to them).

Woooooo what a week for finales, Nightmanager concludes Wednesday, then Broadchurch on Friday, both have been fantastic viewing.

And - if you didn't catch this last night......DO NOT MISS THIS, REVEALING, ASTONISHING....really fascinating FACTS and a totally different perspective...China does not want war, they want balance.
America has an Empire, Australia are part of a creepy sneaky empire

The Coming War On China

Coming straight after the election of US President Donald Trump, this film is one of John Pilger's most timely and urgent investigations. As Trump threatens China with a trade war and worse, this documentary is both a warning and an inspiring story of people's resistance. Through key interviews - from Pentagon war planners in what is now Donald Trump's Washington, to members of China's new political class who rarely feature in Western reports - Pilger's film challenges the notion of the world's newest, biggest trading nation as an enemy.

LAST AIRED Sunday 16 April — SBS
EXPIRES 29 days left

SPOILER WARNINGS - avoid internet press if you are watching Broadchurch, UK has screened the ending.

HUGE FINALES....this week, we have the end of NIGHTMANAGER, and BROADCHURCH

SPOILER WARNINGS - avoid internet press if you are watching Broadchurch, UK has screened the ending.

HUGE FINALES....this week, we have the end of NIGHTMANAGER, and BROADCHURCH

I hope I can avoid spoilers until Friday. I've enjoyed this season. it's a nice quiet little show with some very good actors.

Reactions: kxk
My mistake, NIGHTMANAGER has 8 not 6 episodes, so 2 more to go to the finale.

Did anyone watch this last night????It is weird, and rather wonderful. Lot's of very odd dreams, Jude Law & Diane Keaton acting awesome........this is about power and politics, and I found it fascinating.
Can binge watch online.

THE YOUNG POPE
The Young Lenny Belardo is Pius XXIII, the youngest Pope in history but also the first American pontiff. His radical ideas could change the Roman Catholic Church.
upload_2017-4-20_12-47-6.png

Ooo look what is coming back...............

Remember.......
upload_2017-4-20_18-7-44.png

MONKEY IS BACK..........
It's back! Cult '80s series Monkey Magic is being rebooted with filming set to begin in scenic locations throughout New Zealand

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-rebooted-Netflix-ABC-TVNZ.html#ixzz4em7mBaTR
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
3F68502B00000578-4427696-image-a-1_1492667782492.jpg

It was the Japanese TV series based on a fable that captured a cult audience worldwide.

And the ABC have teamed up with Netflix as well as TVNZ to bring a reboot of the '80s hit Monkey Magic, which is set to air in 2018.

The Australian-New Zealand production will debut under the new title The Legend Of Monkey, and will take place throughout Auckland's scenic locations.

FACT
The Monkey legends, have never stopped in China, they have had productions going forever

Ooo look what is coming back...............

Remember.......
View attachment 52616

MONKEY IS BACK..........
It's back! Cult '80s series Monkey Magic is being rebooted with filming set to begin in scenic locations throughout New Zealand

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-rebooted-Netflix-ABC-TVNZ.html#ixzz4em7mBaTR
3F68502B00000578-4427696-image-a-1_1492667782492.jpg

It was the Japanese TV series based on a fable that captured a cult audience worldwide.

And the ABC have teamed up with Netflix as well as TVNZ to bring a reboot of the '80s hit Monkey Magic, which is set to air in 2018.

The Australian-New Zealand production will debut under the new title The Legend Of Monkey, and will take place throughout Auckland's scenic locations.

FACT
The Monkey legends, have never stopped in China, they have had productions going forever

I loved Monkey! Not sure about a reboot though.

Awww, she died, only 27.....that freaky rockstar age....so elegantly beautiful
upload_2017-4-21_17-25-27.png

Masako Natsume: Tripitaka

Actress Masako played the role of male monk Tripitaka on Monkey, with her casting intended to be provocative, according to an interview Massaki did withRolling Stone.

Masako snagged the role aged just 21, and continued to work throughout her early twenties in Japanese film and television.

According to fan site Monkey Heaven, Masako was married for just six months to a TV producer before she died of acute leukemia aged 27.

Her legacy today is the Masako Natsume Sunflower Foundation, a charity which provides wigs to cancer sufferers.

3F7137AC00000578-4431352-image-a-142_1492753146244.jpg

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4431352/Where-cast-Monkey-Magic-now.html#ixzz4ernJRZ18

Awww, she died, only 27.....that freaky rockstar age....so elegantly beautiful
View attachment 52622

Masako Natsume: Tripitaka

Actress Masako played the role of male monk Tripitaka on Monkey, with her casting intended to be provocative, according to an interview Massaki did withRolling Stone.

Masako snagged the role aged just 21, and continued to work throughout her early twenties in Japanese film and television.

According to fan site Monkey Heaven, Masako was married for just six months to a TV producer before she died of acute leukemia aged 27.

Her legacy today is the Masako Natsume Sunflower Foundation, a charity which provides wigs to cancer sufferers.

3F7137AC00000578-4431352-image-a-142_1492753146244.jpg

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4431352/Where-cast-Monkey-Magic-now.html#ixzz4ernJRZ18

Sad story, I was a big fan of Monkey in my after school days.[DOUBLEPOST=1492774881][/DOUBLEPOST]Looking forward to this

I caught the start of the Logies last night. The Dave Hughes opening was hilarious. I saw Casey's performance of "Heroes" by David Bowie online. Stunning performance and she had lots of applause plus the reaction on social media has been very good. :D

Broadchurch finale was good, and left open to have a return if they want, have heard they don't want to do more - actors I think.
Both the leads are very busy, and very loved:)

Broadchurch finale was good, and left open to have a return if they want, have heard they don't want to do more - actors I think.
Both the leads are very busy, and very loved:)

I liked it, though the reveal of who did it was frustrating because we couldn't work it out ourselves (not saying anymore in case others haven't seen it yet)

Good show though with a great cast.

Did anyone see Bondi Rescue last night.

Confronting, emotional, scary and then anger. This was real life heroism from these boys and simply incredible. Amazing piece of television.

More than 12 hours later and I still cant get what I watched out of my mind

Confronting, emotional, scary and then anger. This was real life heroism from these boys and simply incredible. Amazing piece of television.

No. What happened?

Yep, and agree with you totally.

I have been watching The Biggest Loser: Transformed on TenPlay when it moved to Daytime. The final episode is on Monday morning. Today's episode was all of the contestants showing their new bodies to friends and family. They weren't all that big to begin with but the transformations are incredible. Some of them look really fit and healthy compared to before. It's remarkable and just to add Jake is a total DILF! Hubba Hubba! :hungry:

Amazing transitions than usual from previous finales of TBL! :)

Do you guys get Line of Duty? Easily the best UK series around at the moment and just finished it's fourth series tonight.

If you've not seen it but can get it on demand (ideally from the beginning, but you can pick it up from series 4) I highly recommend it. I usually can't stand police dramas but this is one of the best things on TV ever. I recommend though you just find it and watch it - start googling it and you're in for a spoiler fest, and it's the unexpected which is what makes the series so good.

Back