Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

Does anyone watch Neighbours? Probably not. I was kinda excited about the return of Dee so tuned in and I am so mad with the direction they have taken it. Furious.

A month or so back I watched some Neighbours episodes because I thought Sonya looked rather attractive, then I got interested in the Brad and Lauren stuff. Then I got bored with it. But I did see some of that Dee return stuff and thought it was rather silly. And it will be awful if it ends up breaking apart Sonya and Toadie.

Does anyone watch Neighbours? Probably not. I was kinda excited about the return of Dee so tuned in and I am so mad with the direction they have taken it. Furious.

I used to watch it religiously for like 15 years but I just can't do Australian drama anymore and it kills me that I can't engage. Except Offspring. Neighbours must always exist though. It is the birth place of Australian talent

Reactions: kxk

I guess like most of us I grew up on Neighbours. I can't remember when I stopped watching but I saw an ad that Dee was coming back and actually started IQing the show.

Yeah I was expecting something better with Dee. I'll probably hang in there until poor bloody Toadie gets his heart shattered. Poor bastard has been through a lot hasn't he.

Steph has hardly aged since I last saw her.

Good show Neighbours.

I guess like most of us I grew up on Neighbours. I can't remember when I stopped watching but I saw an ad that Dee was coming back and actually started IQing the show.

Yeah I was expecting something better with Dee. I'll probably hang in there until poor bloody Toadie gets his heart shattered. Poor bastard has been through a lot hasn't he.

Good show Neighbours.

I don't think we'll have to wait long as Madeline West was only contracted for a couple of months. But yes this will shatter Toadie, not to mention all the baby stuff with Sonya, and Mark's closeness to her.

Speaking of Mark, the actor who plays him would have to be the worst performer of all time.

So Dee turned out to be an imposter? So the real Dee Bliss must have really died on her wedding day how many years ago it was.

I used to watch it religiously for like 15 years but I just can't do Australian drama anymore and it kills me that I can't engage. Except Offspring. Neighbours must always exist though. It is the birth place of Australian talent

I also used to love it but it's actually the worst now and can't even be watched ironically, but that Dee storyline drew me in bad.

Good show Neighbours.

Yep I'm sticking the story out then I'm done, why did they think it was a good idea I wonder? Poor Toadie :(

I don't think we'll have to wait long as Madeline West was only contracted for a couple of months. But yes this will shatter Toadie, not to mention all the baby stuff with Sonya, and Mark's closeness to her.

Speaking of Mark, the actor who plays him would have to be the worst performer of all time.

Yeah he is so bad. I remember he was killed off and went to Hollywood but shortly after he came back from the dead so his wooden acting didn't impress.

Don't worry, this whole storyline is bringing Toadie and Sonya together. I find Sonya irritating and now forever her nosy ways will be justified.

So Dee turned out to be an imposter? So the real Dee Bliss must have really died on her wedding day how many years ago it was.

Yes it's quite sad that she really did die and now I feel like mourning her all over again. I'm so mad that they did this! I was hoping for a double twist and it really is Des, but that's clearly not happening!

Watched a mini-series called Oppenheimer, about Robert Oppenheimer who, along with thousands of other scientists, helped to build the bomb back in world war two.

Quite interesting.

TV is rather crap at the moment, Vikings is over, Night Manager starts soon in it's place.
I have no RTV to watch.....can't do MKR it makes me want a sedative, too harsh and noisey, and full of creeps

MAFS last dregs is good for a laugh, BL actually is better than it was.

Neighbours is being discussed in dropping it terms for Brits - it is sold all over the world, if it dies in the UK would that kill it?

Last time I watched was when Margo was bewitching and hard to look away, Neighbours/Home A, were once my stress reliever rituals.
I had a really heavy duty job, I needed an hour of lighthearted silly soaps to calm down.

Now, H& A looks too intense and freaky

I also used to love it but it's actually the worst now and can't even be watched ironically, but that Dee storyline drew me in bad.

Yep I'm sticking the story out then I'm done, why did they think it was a good idea I wonder? Poor Toadie :(

Yeah he is so bad. I remember he was killed off and went to Hollywood but shortly after he came back from the dead so his wooden acting didn't impress.

Don't worry, this whole storyline is bringing Toadie and Sonya together. I find Sonya irritating and now forever her nosy ways will be justified.

Yes it's quite sad that she really did die and now I feel like mourning her all over again. I'm so mad that they did this! I was hoping for a double twist and it really is Des, but that's clearly not happening!

Snoopy Sonya.

This emmy and golden globe winning sexy show starts tonight:)

The Night Manager

'Episode 1'

SBS, 8:30pm, Wed, 22 Mar 2017, 100 minutes

NEW SHOW

This multi award-winning drama, based on the best seller by John le Carre, is set at the height of the Arab Spring, where hotel night manager, Jonathan Pine (Tom Hiddleston) receives a plea from an elegant, well-connected guest. Compelled to do what he thinks is right, Pine makes contact with his friend at the British Embassy, but his actions unwittingly draw him into the terrifying world of ruthless arms dealer Richard Roper (Hugh Laurie). Soon he's recruited by a government agent to infiltrate Roper's trusted inner circle.

Series, 2016, Crime, Drama, Mini Series, Mystery

Night Manager is fabulous, great cast and story, great BBC production

If you haven't seen When We Rise, do not miss it, great history piece. 2nd half is repeated this Thursday and still on the SBS site 4 parts.
Interesting stuff I had forgotten living through it in 70s-to now

Old Ramsay Kitchen nightmares on 7 now.
Uk version. Less bombastic and less chance of sirens blaring and people crying.
US version is like a Michael Bay film.

Reactions: kxk
LOGIES

LOGIES BITCHING, 9 & 7 PEEVED, 10 HAS MORE NOMS, & SOME CATEGORIES THEY CANT LOSE

Comments about The Project and the Gold Logie nominations for Waleed Aly and Peter Helliar are nothing more than extremely sour grapes from rival networks who are bitter that their shows and talent failed to score nominations,' a spokesperson wrote.

He added: 'The Project resonates with the Australian public and this sniping from rival networks is juvenile nonsense and goes against the positive spirit of the TV Week Logie Awards.'

TV Week editor Emma Nolan has defended the controversial list, arguing nominees were based on 'what the viewers wanted' after public voting from fans.

2017 LOGIE NOMINEES
TV WEEK GOLD LOGIE — Best Personality On Australian TV

• Grant Denyer (All Star Family Feud/Family Feud/The Great Australian Spelling Bee) (Ten)

• Jessica Marais (Love Child/The Wrong Girl) (Nine Network/Network Ten)

• Peter Helliar (The Project) (Network Ten)

• Rodger Corser (Doctor Doctor/The Doctor Blake Mysteries) (Nine Network/ABC)

• Samuel Johnson (Molly) (Channel Seven)

• Waleed Aly (The Project) (Network Ten)

BEST ACTOR

• Craig McLachlan (Deep Water/The Doctor Blake Mysteries/The Wrong Girl) (SBS/ABC/Network Ten)

• Erik Thomson (800 Words) (Channel Seven)

• Richard Roxburgh (Rake) (ABC)

• Rodger Corser (Doctor Doctor/The Doctor Blake Mysteries) (Nine Network/ABC)

• Samuel Johnson (Molly) (Channel Seven)

BEST ACTRESS

• Asher Keddie (Offspring) (Network Ten)

• Deborah Mailman (Cleverman/Jack Irish/Offspring/Wolf Creek) (ABC/Network Ten/Stan)

• Jessica Marais (Love Child/The Wrong Girl) (Nine Network/Network Ten)

• Jessica Mauboy (The Secret Daughter) (Channel Seven)

• Marta Dusseldorp (A Place To Call Home/Jack Irish/Janet King) (Foxtel — Showcase/ABC)

BEST PRESENTER

• Amanda Keller (The Living Room) (Network Ten)

• Carrie Bickmore (The Project) (Network Ten)

• Grant Denyer (All Star Family Feud/Family Feud/The Great Australian Spelling Bee) (Ten)

• Sarah Harris (Shark Tank/Studio 10) (Network Ten)

• Waleed Aly (The Project) (Network Ten)

BEST NEW TALENT

• Hayley Magnus (The Wrong Girl) (Network Ten)

• Penny McNamee (Home And Away) (Channel Seven)

• Rob Collins (Cleverman/The Wrong Girl) (ABC/Network Ten)

• Shalom Brune-Franklin (Doctor Doctor) (Nine Network)

• Tiarnie Coupland (Love Child) (Nine Network)

BEST DRAMA PROGRAM

• 800 Words (Channel Seven)

• Doctor Doctor (Nine Network)

• Home And Away (Channel Seven)

• Molly (Channel Seven)

• Offspring (Network Ten)

• Wentworth (Foxtel — Showcase)

BEST ENTERTAINMENT PROGRAM

• Anh's Brush With Fame (ABC)

• Family Feud (Network Ten)

• Have You Been Paying Attention? (Network Ten)

• The Voice Australia (Nine Network)

• Upper Middle Bogan (ABC)

BEST NEWS PANEL OR CURRENT AFFAIRS PROGRAM

• Four Corners (ABC)

• Studio 10 (Network Ten)

• Sunrise (Channel Seven)

• The Project (Network Ten)

• Today (Nine Network)

BEST REALITY PROGRAM

• Australian Survivor (Network Ten)

• I'm A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here! (Network Ten)

• MasterChef Australia (Network Ten)

• My Kitchen Rules (Channel Seven)

• The Block (Nine Network)

BEST SPORTS PROGRAM

• In Rio Today (Channel Seven)

• Monday Night With Matty Johns (Foxtel — FOX SPORTS)

• The AFL Footy Show (Nine Network)

• The NRL Footy Show (Nine Network)

• Wide World Of Sports (Nine Network)

BEST LIFESTYLE PROGRAM

• Better Homes And Gardens (Channel Seven)

• Gardening Australia (ABC)

• Luke Warm Sex (ABC)

• Selling Houses Australia (Foxtel — Lifestyle)

• The Living Room (Network Ten)

BEST FACTUAL PROGRAM

• Australian Story (ABC)

• Bondi Rescue (Network Ten)

• Bondi Vet (Network Ten)

• Gogglebox Australi a (Foxtel — Lifestyle/Network Ten)

• Todd Sampson's Body Hack (Network Ten)

MOST OUTSTANDING PUBLIC AFFAIRS REPORT

• 'Anita Cobby: You Thought You Knew It All…' (Seven News Investigates, Channel Seven)

• 'Australia's Shame' (Four Corners, ABC)

• 'George Pell Investigation' (7.30, ABC)

• 'Good Cop, Bad Cop' (60 Minutes, Nine Network)

• 'Money For Nothing' (Four Corners, ABC)

MOST OUTSTANDING FACTUAL OR DOCUMENTARY PROGRAM

• Conviction (ABC)

• Deep Water: The Real Story (SBS)

• Gogglebox Australia (Foxtel — Lifestyle/Network Ten)

• Keeping Australia Alive (ABC)

• Todd Sampson's Body Hack (Network Ten)

A Touch of Frost is a brilliant police drama without relying on needless gore and violence that plagues today's technologically obsessed crime shows.

seven out of ten Tina Arenas.

STARGAZING

Is everyone stargazing????

Stargazing Live

'The Milky Way'

ABC, 8:30pm, Tue, 4 Apr 2017, 60 minutes, and same time Wednesday & Thursday

NEW SHOW

In a major live TV event over 3 nights, Professor Brian Cox & Julia Zemiro are joined by scientists & guests to inspire Australia to explore our solar system. They tackle astronomy's most intriguing questions. #StargazingABC

Series, Australia, English, Documentary

I love Stargazing, planets last night was especially fascinating...

This is Space Gandalf

C8kCX6LUIAAiix3.jpg

He does cool outside presenting

http%3A%2F%2Fo.aolcdn.com%2Fhss%2Fstorage%2Fmidas%2F4ab77fe6a23e9a79d01bfb3d0573192c%2F205128821%2Fspacegandalf.jpg

C8kCcoHUMAAEQz6.jpg

Horsehead Nebula. 1500 light years away. Taken by me in King Valley Victoria #StargazingABC

Alistair Craig
@Astronacho90

Alistair Craig
@Astronacho90
Obviously a space enthusiast.. Also produce psychedelic trance - Legohead & GLO

Obviously a space enthusiast.. Also produce psychedelic trance - Legohead & GLO

Back