Skip to main content

The Behind the scenes talk thread...

BB101

2013 House >>>
Whenever I watch the show, I always think about all the tiny little details, that would have went into making the it happen. I love telling the people the behind the scenes stuff, and now there's a thread for it! Discuss everything from building the house to how they cast, or how they edit! Thanks

-_- I hate to be the one to say it.. but you are an idiot!
This entire forum.. apart of the "Behind" big brother forums.. has pages upon pages of discussions
into the "behind" the scenes of the show.

I don't think this thread topic is stupid. Yes there are existing threads but it's a new season, let's discuss it again.

And a kind message to all the regulars users on the forums - please be welcoming and patient to new users, you're about to see a whole lot more of them as we approach the start of BB2014.

Now... back to the topic. Behind the scenes at BB...

I don't think this thread topic is stupid. Yes there are existing threads but it's a new season, let's discuss it again.

And a kind message to all the regulars users on the forums - please be welcoming and patient to new users, you're about to see a whole lot more of them as we approach the start of BB2014.

Thanks! I've been on here a year, I just don't post much, and I will (Try) and start us off. This is just off the top off my head but... A lot of the house smells like new plaster? I wonder why (This is a sad start to a sad thread) **Thread Starts to cry because of how sad it is** (This is in the 2 years I've been to the house)

And yes. Please be welcome to all "new members that aren't really that newbecause they've been here a year". Also I didn't know goon was an admin, I thought he was just a guy? (Well a Dagwood dog selling guy)

Woohoo! Don't block a thread.... Hehe :)

On the topic of behind the scenes.... How does one get a job behind the scenes? I know some people here who would better replace some behind the scene guys! :p

Woohoo! Don't block a thread.... Hehe :)

On the topic of behind the scenes.... How does one get a job behind the scenes? I know some people here who would better replace some behind the scene guys! :p
I think you would have to be like a producer and apply for a job there? I think everyone on BBB would make the perfect behind the scenes guys! (Or girls, I'm not sexist :p) Goon would still have sell Dagwood dogs though! No promotions for you!

One of these years.. I'd like to get hold of Alex on twitter or some of the head honchos over at Big brother and ask if I could tag along to an actual behind the scenes tour of the studios there while filming is going on.
I know one of the old regulars to the forums/site here did just this a few years back and had some really good pics from the control rooms and producers rooms etc.
But I think you have to sorta "know" someone or at least have your foot in the door to the industry to get to do that sorta thing?
I could be wrong though.

Would it be dumb to say that my dream is to some day work on bb? Even like selling popcorn or Dagwood dogs if I do, I will SOMEHOW get inside info. And I will do this while eating.. A Dagwood dog!

Reactions: Jam
In the olden days they used to have a contest as you walked into dreamworld and was 5 or 10 people for to do a tour and behind the scences of the house. Also You were also allowed to walk around the eviction area and watch people working away on the show, sadly that has also gone by the wayside.

Would it be dumb to say that my dream is to some day work on bb? Even like selling popcorn or Dagwood dogs if I do, I will SOMEHOW get inside info. And I will do this while eating.. A Dagwood dog!

Most of those people that sell the popcorn and dagwood dogs don't actually work for "big brother"..
they are just Dreamworld employee's.. who change into a big brother logo shirt and set up in the show's auditorium to do what they do.
They really don't have much to do with big brother the show at all.. other than knowing where to tell audience members to sit etc.

I did the Big Brother house tour 2 years ago in 2012 after the house had closed and was open to dreamworld public in the holidays.. The lady who was giving my tour.. had NO prior knowledge of the shows former existence or any real insider info to the show..
She was just another dreamworld employee.. coming in to do her scripted, tour job of what she knew at that time.
As a huge fan.. I had great delight in telling her and my group, all of the info that I knew and had experienced over the years and was disappointed that they knew nothing.. other than to get us from point a. to point b. so we could get out housemate photo taken in time

I did the Big Brother house tour 2 years ago in 2012 after the house had closed and was open to dreamworld public in the holidays.. The lady who was giving my tour.. had NO prior knowledge of the shows former existence or any real insider info to the show..
She was just another dreamworld employee.. coming in to do her scripted, tour job of what she knew at that time.
As a huge fan.. I had great delight in telling her and my group, all of the info that I knew and had experienced over the years and was disappointed that they knew nothing.. other than to get us from point a. to point b. so we could get out housemate photo taken in time
When I went last year, I went on the tour and the guy seemed to know what he was talking about. Although I knew everything he was saying ("These are the camera runs. The film here.") He seemed like he liked it.

In the olden days they used to have a contest as you walked into dreamworld and was 5 or 10 people for to do a tour and behind the scences of the house. Also You were also allowed to walk around the eviction area and watch people working away on the show, sadly that has also gone by the wayside.
Really? To me it just seems like the house just happens to be at dreamworld and they are not associated at all. Like the "Dreamworld, The home of Big Brother" is a paid advertisement (I know its not, but it feels like it)

Bree Amer was on the Gold Coast this week, Bree also wants her "Style Posse" right about now. I think that the UBB rumour is a true!

Does anyone know what they do with all the old things from the house? I wonder where all the old DR chairs are and I wonder if they kept certain things like chairs or sofas from old seasons in storage or something?

Back