Skip to main content

The Bachelorette 2017

The issue wasn't that they weren't having massive displays of public affection, the issue was that they looked like they couldn't wait to get away from one another.

23507492_499473380422238_171438670501380096_n.jpg

Anyone who has been a member of this forum for a while probably already knows my thoughts on this. :thumbsup: :laugh:

For crap's sake. They've broken up. Sophie's issued a statement, apparently. I haven't read it. Why, why, why, do I invest myself in this nonsense? Hahaha. Sob.

Least surprising thing ever really. I'm just disappointed that Sophie went through with it at all.

Haven't seen any articles or headlines, just going by what Melore posted :p

I did assume that. Just thought I would let you know they are still together according to her. :hilarious:

In other news, she is the rumoured host of Love Island. Definitely not watching.

I did assume that. Just thought I would let you know they are still together according to her. :hilarious:

In other news, she is the rumoured host of Love Island. Definitely not watching.

Thanks. I've googled it now, how irresponsible that most of the articles use the "breakup and pregnant" headline, knowing it isn't true.

False alarm!?! Oh, thanks. It was in a side bar on the DM while I was reading another article, which I was too ashamed to mention. Hahaha. Couldn't face clicking on it.

Yes. I was intrigued as well by the headline (thought the same as you) and began to read. The headline is an easy way to hook people into reading I think.

Just leaving this here.......

fc1858c03645e2ca7ea5d4679d9153b1

STOP GURL JUST STOP put down the fake tan and if you see someone coming at you with a needle full of fillers, back away, go home and re-evaluate your life.

...oh well... to all of the naysayers... you were right... it didn't last... Sophie is back on the market again... don't worry Sophie someone more deserving will snap you up I'm sure... from this link below... cheers.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...t/news-story/c24d2896941cfad7b2b9f15395b5e025

Bachelorette Sophie Monk confirms split from Stu Laundy in Instagram post
AFTER months of speculation, Sophie Monk has confirmed she has split from boyfriend Stu Laundy, saying she hopes she hasn’t “disappointed” fans who followed the couple.

Staff writers
News Corp Australia NetworkJanuary 26, 20186:53am

2018-01-26_9-44-58.jpg

Sophie discusses rumours of split from Stu Laundy
5e3a7255af3c004c01d92de3cbba9640

SOPHIE Monk has split from boyfriend Stu Laundy after just six months together.

The couple, who met on The Bachelorette, have constantly been forced to deny rumours they had broken up since the show ended in October.

In an emotional late-night Instagram post, Monk said she gave the relationship her “best shot” but it “just didn’t work out” because the two were “very different people”.

Monk also explained that she decided to confirm the split because she “entered this relationship so publicly I know I owe an answer to Australia about my personal life”.

“I went into this experience looking to settle down and start a family,” she wrote.

“I gave it the best shot I could and my intentions were everything, but unfortunately it just didn’t work out. As much as I respect him we are just very different people.”

7e6679a662cba663a7d6313fc50779c5

The two spent the holidays skiing in Canada. Picture: SnapchatSource:Supplied

688d228a2dd90a842478c1c31dad7ff6

Sophie Monk dressed up as a Christmas present for her boyfriend. Picture: InstagramSource:Supplied

Monk appeared to have a crack at those who thought the two were only together for publicity.

“There were no contracts or pressure to stay together whatsoever and we remain friends,” she said.

Monk said the experience had taught her to get out of her “comfort zone in order to find real love” and that it had made her “much stronger”.

She finished the post off with an apology to fans who followed the couple throughout their very public courtship.

“I sincerely want to apologise to anyone who invested so much love and support and I hope I haven’t disappointed anyone.”

Sources told the Daily Mail “travel and distance” were factors in the split.

Laundy was Sophie’s choice when The Bachelorette finale aired in October.

She earlier sent a tearful runner-up Jarrod Woodgate home.

“You said loving me was the best thing you’ve done in a while. I don’t think anyone’s ever said that to me. So I have two really important things to tell you,” Monk told Laundy.

d126a775aea0e3c9218e1b9370de15a8

The couple looked pretty loved-up during a New Year’s Day ski in Camada. Picture: InstagramSource:Instagram

“The first thing is I’m so sorry I misjudged you when I first met you. And the second thing is I’m in love with you.”

An emotional Laundy responded: “I love you so much, The moment I hopped off that chopper, I knew I’d done the right thing. I’m gonna cry. It’s so bad.

“I love everything about you. I know iit took me forever to say, but I didn’t want to get it wrong.”

Laundy said Monk had “rescued” him and given him a “second chance”.

8f2102ab5fefd2aead03b0c2df6d4f4e

Bachelor Stu Laundy meets Sophie Monk for the first time on The Bachelorette. Picture: Network TenSource:TEN

The heir to a $500 million pub fortune is a father of four. He separated from his estranged wife Rachel four years ago.

Laundy said in an interview with the Daily Telegraph that he did not make the decision to appear on the show lightly.

“It’s a risk for someone like me to go on the show, I ummed and aahed a lot but what got me over the line was that I just thought I saw something in Soph,” he said.

a823ea6ef579a3b01ef7891d37150f35

Stu Laundy and Sophie Monk are done. Picture: InstagramSource:Supplied

“When I first met her it was excellent and I really wanted to meet her again, and I had to go through the rigmarole to do it.”

From the start, Monk and Laundy have been forced to deny split rumours. Monk defended the couple’s rare PDAs, saying she was not “a feely person”.

f297b45dc62111a94004613e16d5aab8

Jarrod Woodgate was in tears after Sophie Monk picked Stu Laundy over him. Picture: Network TenSource:Supplied

“It’s our body language. I’m not a feely person and we saw paparazzi at the airport and we went overboard so it’s not real - I can’t win!” Monk told Kyle and Jackie O.

“Behind closed doors I’m overboard, in public its like a habit thing ... I don’t like watching people make out and hold hands in public anyways.”

It seems the only person who didn't know it would never work was Sophie herself. Hopefully now she can find someone normal, though you only have to remember that her second choice was Jarrod to recall how terrible she is at making decisions.

It seems the only person who didn't know it would never work was Sophie herself. Hopefully now she can find someone normal, though you only have to remember that her second choice was Jarrod to recall how terrible she is at making decisions.

...Meglos my friend... methinks that the closest that Sophie came to getting a 'normal' guy from last years gangly neurotic fugly misfits was with James...

59cda13d661f4_hero_landscape_59cda12b0b067.jpg

...the poor woman was well behind the 8 ball with her choices let's face it lol!... anyway... Landy was so in love with himself that there really wasn't much room for Sophie was there?... and... if she had chosen Jarrod she would have ended up chained up to a wall in an underground dungeon underneath Jarrod's Orchard somewhere... you never know... James might come a-knockin' on your front door soon Sophie my dear... if so... for fugs sake... let him in!... I hope that love finds you soon my dear Sophie...cheers.

oh well. if the reasons put forth in that article are true then they must have been too busy for each other to make this relationship work.

i also wonder if this proves the importance of chemistry?

It was just so obvious it wasn't going to last! The season was a waste. Sophie keeps making bad decisions when it comes to men. But to be fair she wasn't given many good options for a long lasting relationship in the first place on this show. :dead:

Meanwhile on a news website I saw pictures of Keira and Jarrod kissing! o_Oo_Oo_O
4AAsCuS.jpg

The cynical part of me says it's all for publicity!

She knew it wouldn't work, she only went on the show to reboot her career.

IMO: She won't find love, as she is too in love with herself.

Back