Skip to main content

The Bachelor 2017

Seriously one of the worst kept reality TV secrets ever. I kept hoping story after story pointing to this were just a ploy to mask the real winner, but as we got closer to the final it seemed less likely. I wonder how happy the brothers are with his choice?

I actually didn't read any articles so had no idea, other than what people were saying in this thread about who he "would" and "should" choose. So it didn't seem like a foregone conclusion to me, I wouldn't have been surprised if he chose either.

I actually didn't read any articles so had no idea, other than what people were saying in this thread about who he "would" and "should" choose. So it didn't seem like a foregone conclusion to me, I wouldn't have been surprised if he chose either.
dbd2504170b44e429c669afb711a0af6

Shows how much i read trashy articles lol

Pic courtesy of this one... http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...e/news-story/2d49e4f78c8ea78a52ef2bd659fe82dd

Do I even have to watch the rest of this? I just don't care. I don't wish then un-happiness, but I just don't buy it, I'm not invested at all. We'll hear about their breakup in a few weeks/months, and he'll hook up with another reality wannabe. And he still won't own a pair of socks.

Exactly. And if he ever did take up wearing socks, he'd get Mummy to wash them!

It's horrible really. I know we all watch it and it is entertaining, but the concept of the show is pretty brutal, especially for the final few. She would be wondering if anything he ever said was true, and feeling like a fool for believing it could be her. And Matty probably doesn't give a damn, he's just had months of free roots and it probably doesn't matter that much to him which one he ended up with.

Oh the poor thing. This whole process would be so painful when you in the position of genuinely falling for the guy. I hope when she gets past this she finds someone who would not even contemplate having to chose between her and someone else.

‘I deserve better’: The Bachelor runner-up Elise Stacy hits out at Matty J

ELISE Stacy was the down-to-earth runner-up on The Bachelor who didn’t get involved in the drama of the series and didn’t want to rock the boat. But now, she’s being honest.

“I thought, ‘Come on Matty. Surely I deserve better — just tell me you don’t love me (and that) you love Laura’. And I didn’t get that,” she told news.com.au after Matty Johnson let her go with a vague explanation on Thursday night’s finale.

After several months of filming, Stacy had fallen in love with the 30-year-old marketing manager. And the 29-year-old admits she felt led on by Johnson while watching the finale.

He pushed her to admit she loved him, but as she watched the episode air, it was clear Johnson knew he didn’t feel the same way long ago.

“I was made to feel like it was a very hard decision for him but, later on, I felt pissed off watching it,” she said. “Knowing he knew when I told him that I loved him, that he didn’t love me back. Man, I would’ve loved then and there for him to say, ‘It’s not you’.”

“He made me feel like he felt that way (in love) all the way to the end.”

As he chose Laura Byrne, Johnson gushed that he wanted to say he loved her in earlier episodes.

“That really hurt because I feel like he knew it wasn’t me longer than (he let on). That was a bit of an extra stab,” Stacy said.

When Johnson told Stacy she was not the one he loved, he kept it short and vague.

“You are so worthy of being happy ... And finding true love. But I’m so sorry ... That it’s not with me,” he told her.

Stacy says she wanted more.

“I think he was trying to let me down gently so I can see what his intentions were but I feel like people who know me know I’m a strong woman and I say it straight and that’s what I respond to and I would’ve appreciated a more blunt nature,” she said. “(He should have said) ‘You’re amazing but I don’t love you’, versus, ‘You’re amazing but you’re just not for me’.”

While conversations are usually cut and edited out to fit within the confines of a 90 minute episode, Stacy said that wasn’t the case with her goodbye last night. She said Matty didn’t have a private conversation with her afterwards to explain his decision.

“I walked off and — you saw it — I fell to the ground and had a cry knowing he was 20 metres behind me and that’s the last time I saw him and the last time I spoke to him,” she said.

Despite filming of the show airing months ago, Stacy says she still hasn't got closure from the experience. And perhaps she never will.

“The reality of the reality TV show is it happened and it’s a beast of a thing and I’ll live with that. No closure is OK,” she said.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...j/news-story/28551c6ce14a9658fbb2212077533336

Glad that she has found someone.

Maybe next year Elora will open up? I think they have a 12 month gag order. Hopefully. She seems like she could be cray enough to spill all even if (ostensibly) nobody cares anymore.

Ok there will never ever be a Bachelor as bad as Richie. He was the absolute worst and will be for all humankind. But his series was more entertaining with a divisive and enthralling finale and I actually found myself vaguely interested in following their relationship.

I didn't mind Matty as I've said a few times but his series was so underwhelming, with an obvious result and one I'm not invested in. But I can't choose Richie's series over his, can I???

Tara will be a fantastic bachelorette for next year, and then we will know for sure... if she becomes stiff or wooden or anything other than the incredible amazing vibrant funny woman she is then we will know that the producers pummel the life out of the star.

I'm talking crap, I was going to post that Richie's season at least gave us Heather, like this one has given us Tara. But it didn't. So hard to keep track of who first appeared where, it all blends into one a few weeks after the season is over.

Can I suggest the worst season was the one that inflicted us with Keira? She doesn't seem to want to go away.

Speaking of which, where did Heather go? Did she get the kiss of death after that I'm A Celebrity after show fizzle?

Back