Skip to main content

Talk to Timdormer (yes it's really me)

omg i loved showdown! i knew that it must have had a change of schedule (probably wasn't rating) when they moved it from friday nights early on in the game to during the day.

It was actually originally titled "Saturday Showdown" and ran for about 3 or 4 weeks on a Saturday night, before they packaged it with the Daily Show. A lot of people speculate it was the ratings that caused the shift, but I think before the show aired it was said that it would only last for 4 weeks, so I think the change might've been so they could keep the "Save & Replace" twist without making the nominations finalised so close to the eviction.

Speaking of scheduling changes, were you and the other housemates informed of the changing of eviction/nomination nights? Or did the sudden change completely throw out the house's tracking of what day of the week it was?

I hated that time as well, I hated watching it, it was horrible. I remember you going into the gold room that night. Gah, you and Jade were favourite friendship. I still get the warm and fuzzies everytime I see you two together
yeah we often talk about those dark days and why we fell apart in there, i guess it was a great journey of a friendship to watch unfold. we bonded early on because all the girls on the cool team didn't like her and all the guys on the cool team didn't like me. she then fell for the leader of the cool team and chose to believe him over her mate, this hurt me so we fell apart. i do regret not comforting her the night of the halloween show when she discovered the truth about ed, however i was annoyed she still wanted to wait to chat to him before jumping to conclusions. we came close again the final week, but as soon as she was back in eds arms after the show I stayed away (well i might have made a youtube video which announced she was 'dumped' which she did not like either) we didn't talk for a good 3 months. THEN at BB sydney auditions we were both invited to make an appearance. in front of an entire room of potential housemates auditioning we had a huge argument and laid everything out in the open, we both ended up hugging and crying and kissing and making up. ok i made up the kissing part.

Hi Tim, great that you're here. I did ask a question on page 10 and hope you can get back to it:

(http://www.behindbigbrother.com/for...-yes-its-really-me.51278/page-10#post-1890232)

Meanwhile, I have a couple of other questions.

Were you ever called upon to record new TV ads whilst in the house, like the channel 9 idents (ie, "tonight's gonna be great) or jump-in ads?

And, what was the deal with the water-melons? We heard Ben mention something in passing about it during the season, and briefly saw housemates outside with watermelons, but were never shown anything. Was there some funny business with those?

Thanks again, and good luck with future projects! :)

i don't know. but my housemate who has watched US show intently told me all about the HOH feature. I'd say you might be right.
their show is so intense! if you havnt seen it you need to go and watch it, love the fact that they can talk about noms in the house and form alliances to pin point who they are targeting for the week, and they vote each other out, which makes for some pretty good TV.

yeah we often talk about those dark days and why we fell apart in there, i guess it was a great journey of a friendship to watch unfold. we bonded early on because all the girls on the cool team didn't like her and all the guys on the cool team didn't like me. she then fell for the leader of the cool team and chose to believe him over her mate, this hurt me so we fell apart. i do regret not comforting her the night of the halloween show when she discovered the truth about ed, however i was annoyed she still wanted to wait to chat to him before jumping to conclusions. we came close again the final week, but as soon as she was back in eds arms after the show I stayed away (well i might have made a youtube video which announced she was 'dumped' which she did not like either) we didn't talk for a good 3 months. THEN at BB sydney auditions we were both invited to make an appearance. in front of an entire room of potential housemates auditioning we had a huge argument and laid everything out in the open, we both ended up hugging and crying and kissing and making up. ok i made up the kissing part.
In a similar vein, if you don't mind answering, what made you and Tully come around and restart your friendship?

i don't know. but my housemate who has watched US show intently told me all about the HOH feature. I'd say you might be right.
their show is so intense! if you havnt seen it you need to go and watch it, love the fact that they can talk about noms in the house and form alliances to pin point who they are targeting for the week, and they vote each other out, which makes for some pretty good TV.

I'm glad you guys kissed and made up,we loved your friendship and many of us couldnt understand what she saw in Mr Ed.Will you be here with us for the new season,posting in threads etc?

BREAKING NEWS....hahaha

i just received a text from Alex: "tell those behind bb conspiracy theorists not to read too much into a 30 sec promo! We don't make US BB in Australia because it sucks. We make Australian BB in Australia because it's the best"

HERE HERE ALEX! Seriously guys Alex does rock, and you know I don't suck arse! Ha! You won't meet a bigger BB fan than him. I'm sure we will all be satisfied with what he has planned for the upcoming series!!

BREAKING NEWS....hahaha

i just received a text from Alex: "tell those behind bb conspiracy theorists not to read too much into a 30 sec promo! We don't make US BB in Australia because it sucks. We make Australian BB in Australia because it's the best"

HERE HERE ALEX! Seriously guys Alex does rock, and you know I don't suck arse! Ha! You won't meet a bigger BB fan than him. I'm sure we will all be satisfied with what he has planned for the upcoming series!!
Alex, I totally agree!

BREAKING NEWS....hahaha

Off topic: Alex please do not have a Head of House, That is all.

Omg I made it this time! Tim you were the first housemate that made me get off my butt and vote, I loved you!

Ok my question. Somewhere in the thread you said towards the end Boog was driving you nuts (or something, can't really remember :p). Do you think if Boog had been in from the beginning you would have come apart and lost the game?

Arrrrgh it's so cool you're here, you were seriously awesome!

Oh Tim, you have made me so happy and relieved saying that. Go away everyone else, Tim and I are having a moment

Fpkba0Z.gif

Back